Should the refillable mugs be available throughout WDW? Poll

Would I pay for an unlimited refill mug that could be used WDW wide?

• I think this is a good idea and would participate.

Votes: 106 82.8%
  • I do not like this idea and would not participate.

Votes: 22 17.2%

• Total voters

frank2271

Original Poster
Hello all,

I think this might be a dumb question but I wanted to know if guests of WDW would pay extra $$$ for a refillable mug that could be used throughout WDW? Kinda like what they do at Typhoon Lagoon, you buy a UPC sticker that scans at the soda machine and fills up the mug. There would be a daily charge for the UPC sticker. I don't know what they charge at TL now so I'm going to set my poll at $5.00 a day plus the initial cost of $9.99 (first day included) for the mug.

To clear it up a little a six day stay would cost $9.99 for the mug and the first day of unlimited refills and $25.00 for the next five days for a total of $34.99 plus tax for six days of unlimited refills anywhere in WDW.

If you have an idea that you would like to be used, let me know. If you think these prices are way off, let me know. How much would be TOO much for you to participate???

Totally hypothetical of course.

Let me know what you think.

trr1

Hello all,

I think this might be a dumb question but I wanted to know if guests of WDW would pay extra $$$ for a refillable mug that could be used throughout WDW? Kinda like what they do at Typhoon Lagoon, you buy a UPC sticker that scans at the soda machine and fills up the mug. There would be a daily charge for the UPC sticker. I don't know what they charge at TL now so I'm going to set my poll at $5.00 a day plus the initial cost of $9.99 (first day included) for the mug.

To clear it up a little a six day stay would cost $9.99 for the mug and the first day of unlimited refills and $25.00 for the next five days for a total of $34.99 plus tax for six days of unlimited refills anywhere in WDW.

Totally hypothetical of course.

Let me know what you think.
unlimited refills $25.00 for length of stay

yes

tiaragirl

Good idea in theory, but it could get cumbersome. A backpack full of empty mugs when you could have other things or, better yet, no backpack at all? I don't think I'd bother.

mousefan1972

Good idea in theory, but it could get cumbersome. A backpack full of empty mugs when you could have other things or, better yet, no backpack at all? I don't think I'd bother.

Tons of people carry their mugs around the parks now. :shrug:

I see them hanging off backpacks, clipped to strollers, etc. We don't lug ours to the parks, but lots of people do.

I'd pay for a mug that could be used anywhere in WDW. Between the kids and their lemonade, DH and his Coke Zero, and me and my Diet Coke we'd be good to go! :D

macsmom

I like the idea, but hate the idea of carrying the mug around with me. I make a point now of getting up early to have breakfast and take my mug back to my room before I leave for the park. I probably would do it, but it would be up in the air if I did it each day.

danna

Sweet Melissa

I don't think it's a bad idea, but I voted "I would not participate" in the poll because I just don't drink that much soda while I'm in WDW. I might have one soda while wandering around the park, but I'm more of a refillable water bottle and occasional Icee kind of gal.

I_heart_Tigger

I like the idea but can see a lot more cups getting lost and left behind on rides. I overheard a woman at my resort say she lost her cup and she was able to get a new one for free (I assume she had her reciept) but how would they know that she didn't just have it in her room and want an extra?

Jeff456

I like the idea but can see a lot more cups getting lost and left behind on rides. I overheard a woman at my resort say she lost her cup and she was able to get a new one for free (I assume she had her reciept) but how would they know that she didn't just have it in her room and want an extra?
I guess it would just be a good will gesture of sort, as a customer its good to know that the business providing a service trusts you.

Roxas

I guess it would just be a good will gesture of sort, as a customer its good to know that the business providing a service trusts you.

I agree, the negative publicity from not replacing it would far outweigh the cost of the replacement

disfan411

I agree with one of the other posters about not having so much trash if we used the refillable mugs. Does Disney sort the plastic bottles some how from the trash?

I like the idea but i honestly would not want to walk around with my mug all day.

Eyorefan

I like the idea just from a green perspective. Maybe if they did this they could add a clip to the mugs or make something like the strap they have for water bottles.

WishIwasThere

I do like the idea from the 'green' perspective, but I would image they would need to have seperate windows at food locations as to not back up the 'food' ordering at them.

I_heart_Tigger

I do like the idea from the 'green' perspective, but I would image they would need to have seperate windows at food locations as to not back up the 'food' ordering at them.

Maybe an area like Club Cool (if it's still called that...you know) Where you just fill up the drink and keep it away from the food area to keep the hungry people flowing through

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom