Should I revamp my itinerary?

Laura

Premium Member
Originally I was going to use the 2 day touring plan for the Magic Kingdom in the Unofficial Guide. But now it turns out there will be an e-ride night on our first day at MK.

So now I'm thinking maybe I should just devote 1 day to MK, doing the small attractions during the day and saving the big attractions for after the park closes.

That would leave us with a free day, so maybe we'd do Animal Kingdom that day. I get really bored at AK, but maybe my kids would like it.

I dunno. Do you think I should do 2 days at MK plus E Ride night, or just do 1 day at MK and "tolerate" a day at AK for the kid's sake?

crazygirley

I think one day at MK with e-ride will be sufficient. That way you can really take your time during the day if you plan on riding all of the "big" rides at night. AK doesn't take a whole day unless you are some sort of feign...if you don't get to see everything at MK and have a hopper, go to MK after your stint at AK!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

One day should do it. One word of advice, try to get there when the park opens. If E Ride Night is the same day, make sure you take a break and get a decent nap. (speaking from experience :( )

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

I agree. Do take one day for animal kingdom and if you finish early go back and hit what you missed at MK. Or what your kids want to do again!:D

My kids love animal kingdom. Some of their favorites are Safari, Lion King show, dino dig, bird show, Tarzan, trails to tigers, river rapids. There's a lot there that kids like. Me too!:D

Upvote 0

barnum42

Originally posted by crazygirley
AK doesn't take a whole day unless you are some sort of feign...
I guess I'm "some sort of a feign", but do not understad the use of "feign" in this context. It must be an expression that has not crossed the pond. Care to illuminate me?

Upvote 0

celticdog

Originally posted by barnum42
I guess I'm "some sort of a feign", but do not understad the use of "feign" in this context. It must be an expression that has not crossed the pond. Care to illuminate me?

I think she means "fiend" as in fanatic.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
Original Poster
I think maybe we'll do 1 full day at MK, taking it easy with a good nap at lunchtime, then do the e-ride night that night. Then for the 2nd MK day we have priority seating for Crystal Palace, so maybe we'll go to MK till lunch and then after the kids nap we'll head to AK for a few hours.

As much as I hate AK, I'm sure the kids will like it. It just needs to grow on me. I wasn't too fond of MGM when it first opened either, but they've really improved it over the last few years. I'll grin and bear it. :lol:

Thanks for the advice!

Upvote 0

crazygirley

Originally posted by celticdog
I think she means "fiend" as in fanatic.
I don't know what I meant:dazzle: !!! But I do know that the point I was trying to get across was that only a die hard, fanatical, obsessed AK fan stay's a whole day. Most people leave around 3:00...or at least leave and go back on the same AKL bus as me...:lookaroun

Upvote 0

awallaceunc

I've done 2 full Magic Kingdom days plus an E-Ride night, and still didn't have my fill. Doing it the other way, though, you'll still leave satisfied on the whole that way too. :)

-Aaron

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Originally posted by barnum42
So I'm a feined fiend fanatic?

Any other Tripple Effs out there?

Well, I could be! Not quite as fanatic as you Barnum - i.e. Lion King show once or twice a day for two weeks! :lol:

We always stay till after the parade, (Great parade!)so we're usually leaving around closing! We love Animal Kingdom! If we've got four days for parks, we wouldn't miss it!

Upvote 0

In Wonderland

Just make sure that all the "big" rides you are saving to the e-ride part of the day are actually open during e-ride night. It would really be a bummer to save something for last, and then it not be open.:brick:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom