Should I or shouldn't I eat in Morocco

bgraham34

I am trying to decide if we should try Morocco For the first time this year. It is either that or we are going to eat in France.

We like to try different things and we love to eat Thai, and Indian.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Don't get the shiskabobs. Not worth it. I've heard other stuff is great though. I like the side items and such i had with my meal, just not the shiskabobs.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We love to eat at Marrakesh, we usually have lunch there. If they still have it try the Chef's Special. You get a decent amount of food (small helpings of larger dinner offerings) and a dessert all for about $14...if you have the dining plan so much the better.

The spicing is not firey, but more towards the cinnamon side. You know all of the flavors, but maybe not in the combo offered. We tried it on a whim one year and it has now become a favorite.

Upvote 0

mnfootballmommy

We like it as well. The Chef's Special was great and my hubby LOVES their iced tea. It is a quiet, cool place for a good meal with good entertainment. Our service was very s-l-o-w, but hopefully it has improved!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Don't get the shiskabobs. Not worth it. I've heard other stuff is great though. I like the side items and such i had with my meal, just not the shiskabobs.

The kebabs are one of my favorite dishes, especially the chicken. You have to get past the idea of using different herbs/spices; coriander and cumin are rather strong spices and many people do not care for them.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We like it as well. The Chef's Special was great and my hubby LOVES their iced tea. It is a quiet, cool place for a good meal with good entertainment. Our service was very s-l-o-w, but hopefully it has improved!

The iced tea is very refreshing on a hot day :cool:

I've always found the service a bit slow, but I think that is part of the culture, nothing seems to be rushed. :shrug:

Upvote 0

jjgoo

:slurp: Love it. I would suggest trying it out (but know it is not your traditional Continental or North American fare). Plus you get the belly dancer show which is always fun.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

dteed

it is a must try at some point. No lamb IMHO but good food. What we do when in doubt is order a few appetizers and go from there. Good show and good food.

Upvote 0

Eyorefan

This is good to read. I have always wanted to eat there, but always get over ruled. I'm have ADRs for OCT.1 though... so I hope I like it. Sounds like it should be fun.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

I liked eating there. I think I got the Moroccan Special Dinner, or something like that.
What I really enjoyed was the Moroccan Mint Tea, which is the national drink of Morocco.

:slurp:

Upvote 0

carebearsrgr8

How interesting. I wanted to go there this year but got out voted were going to the German one...Biergarden I think its called...hopefully they have something there i can eat:(

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The kebabs are one of my favorite dishes, especially the chicken. You have to get past the idea of using different herbs/spices; coriander and cumin are rather strong spices and many people do not care for them.

It might of just been my dish. My kabobs were burnt. So, it wasn't the spice, moreso the crispy-charred effect that made them yuckey.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

We have dined in Moracco on each visit to Epcot. The food is wonderful, we have tried Roast Lamb, chicken, Jamine Salad. The rice is very tasty and that comes from my husband who doesn't like rice. The floor show is a blast and they have a very talented band and dancer.
As far as the service being slow, part of that is the culture. We arrived for one meal approximately 5 minutes before a table that was located right next to us at lunch time. When over-hearing the couple complain of the lack of hamburgers on the menu to the wait staff and then ordering alcohol(not approved of by a good deal of Islamic culture) my husband stated that the other couple would have their meal served to them and be out the door within a half an hour. He was correct. We, on the other hand, were served our meal in a timely manner that allowed for relaxation between appetizers and the meal and dessert. Then even though we were finished with our meal a good 15 minutes before the show was to start we were invited to stay at our table and enjoy the program.
I guess my point is with any of the restaurants in WS be aware of the cultural "norms" for the country when planning on dining there. It is a great place for a very nice meal - but not when you are looking "wolf-down" a meal to get in line for another attraction.

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
We have dined in Moracco on each visit to Epcot. The food is wonderful, we have tried Roast Lamb, chicken, Jamine Salad. The rice is very tasty and that comes from my husband who doesn't like rice. The floor show is a blast and they have a very talented band and dancer.
As far as the service being slow, part of that is the culture. We arrived for one meal approximately 5 minutes before a table that was located right next to us at lunch time. When over-hearing the couple complain of the lack of hamburgers on the menu to the wait staff and then ordering alcohol(not approved of by a good deal of Islamic culture) my husband stated that the other couple would have their meal served to them and be out the door within a half an hour. He was correct. We, on the other hand, were served our meal in a timely manner that allowed for relaxation between appetizers and the meal and dessert. Then even though we were finished with our meal a good 15 minutes before the show was to start we were invited to stay at our table and enjoy the program.
I guess my point is with any of the restaurants in WS be aware of the cultural "norms" for the country when planning on dining there. It is a great place for a very nice meal - but not when you are looking "wolf-down" a meal to get in line for another attraction.

Very true, both times i've eaten there i've had slower service - one time i was a little annoyed because i wanted to be somewhere, the other i was more then happy to just hang out. My sort of litmus test for service is drink refills - no glass shall go empty - and they had someone running around filling drinks, even if i never saw my waiter for extended periods.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom