Should I or shouldn't I eat in Morocco

bgraham34

I am trying to decide if we should try Morocco For the first time this year. It is either that or we are going to eat in France.

We like to try different things and we love to eat Thai, and Indian.

josh_e_washie

Could I just throw out there that I've eaten at many...MANY WDW restaurants (my CM friends and I had a long running thing where Tuesday nights were restaurant nights)...and Restaurant Marrakesh was on the BOTTOM of the list.

We had terrible service, the food was less than mediocre, way too overpriced for what is given, and the environment isn't nearly as interesting as other restaurants. The bellydancer and band is great, but you have to check to make sure they are performing that night/what the hours are. In all, we were quite disappointed and somewhat angry!

I highly reccomend Le Cellier, Chefs de France or the Bistro restaurant above Chefs. This is much more exclusive and harder to get reservations for, as well as more expensive but completely worth it!

Upvote 0

DABIGCHEEZ

I was trying to point out that the choice of food are a bit out of the norm if you will. I didn't say anything or imply anything about ethnic stereo type. To each their own. If you like snails.... have a bowl for me while your there. If you enjoy your lamb or goat order the king size cut I don't care. I was just making a statement.

Upvote 0

Mickey&Minnie

We have eaten in Morrocco twice and enjoyed it both times. We also ate in France last time (the cheaper one). I enjoyed it, my husband didn't. Of the two I would suggest Morrocco but you need to try France for yourself. You may like it.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I was trying to point out that the choice of food are a bit out of the norm if you will. I didn't say anything or imply anything about ethnic stereo type. To each their own. If you like snails.... have a bowl for me while your there. If you enjoy your lamb or goat order the king size cut I don't care. I was just making a statement.

Chicken and beef are the norm. You can get lamb, but many people don't care for its stronger taste, so really, the food is not out of the norm at Marrakesh, just the flavorings used there.

Now those snail on the other hand... :lookaroun

Upvote 0

kstella

I'm glad that this subject came up because we're eating there in Novemeber and I was really sceptical about whether or not I would like it. I wasn't worried about my husband and son enjoying themselves...:animwink: I guess I figured if I didn't like it, I could always pop into the counter service place at the American Adventure! Now I'm really looking forward to it.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We have eaten in Morrocco twice and enjoyed it both times. We also ate in France last time (the cheaper one). I enjoyed it, my husband didn't. Of the two I would suggest Morrocco but you need to try France for yourself. You may like it.

And thats what it all boils down to, isn't it? To each his own. Thats what I love about WDW...there are so many different types of food to choose from and its all basically in one place.

My take on the restaurants is the same as with movies, ask people's opinions, but make the decision on your own. What you like, I may not and vice versa.
I've never had a bad meal anywhere in WDW; sure some were better than others, but they were all good in my eyes (mainly because I didn't have to cook or clean up afterwards :lookaroun ).

Upvote 0

DABIGCHEEZ

Goat can be Mexican food, Merf.
Called 'cabrito'.
Very tasty.

Gyros tend to be lamb, or in the US, possibly beef.
:slurp:

Okay folks someone got the gosh darn four legged horned animal wrong and now you got to rub it in and tell me I got the continent wrong too!!!!!!! Now put the salt shakers away!!!!:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

mnfootballmommy

As far as the service being slow, part of that is the culture. Then even though we were finished with our meal a good 15 minutes before the show was to start we were invited to stay at our table and enjoy the program.
I guess my point is with any of the restaurants in WS be aware of the cultural "norms" for the country when planning on dining there. It is a great place for a very nice meal - but not when you are looking "wolf-down" a meal to get in line for another attraction.

We were there long enough to enjoy the show--twice! :eek: I wasn't looking to wolf down a meal, but I wasn't expecting a half day affair either...:lookaroun Still recommend it though...:D

Upvote 0

DABIGCHEEZ

Personally I have never seen a menu that I couldn't find something to choose to eat. And I know I would be fine as I am willing to try anything once.. but the wife and kids , ah not soo much!!!

Upvote 0

EpcotGrl

During my college program, I decided to "eat my way around the world", and was VERY surprised by how much I liked Morocco.

I'm a picky/light eater, but I couldn't stop eating at Marrakesh! They also have what I consider to be the best deal on property--the 3 course lunch for $14 (is that right?). I keep trying to replicate the beef brewat rolls at home, but I sadly cannot cook to save my life :lol:

The restaurant is cool and beautiful, there's music and dancing, and the food is EXCELLENT. Everyone's taste is different, of course, but try the experience at least once! Everyone I've taken there has loved it, and some trips I even eat there a couple of times! :slurp: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

During my college program, I decided to "eat my way around the world", and was VERY surprised by how much I liked Morocco.

I'm a picky/light eater, but I couldn't stop eating at Marrakesh! They also have what I consider to be the best deal on property--the 3 course lunch for $14 (is that right?). I keep trying to replicate the beef brewat rolls at home, but I sadly cannot cook to save my life :lol:

The restaurant is cool and beautiful, there's music and dancing, and the food is EXCELLENT. Everyone's taste is different, of course, but try the experience at least once! Everyone I've taken there has loved it, and some trips I even eat there a couple of times! :slurp: :sohappy:

They are pretty easy to make and the hardest part is the rolling, very similar to a wonton, but with a more fragile wrapper (like phyllo).

And that lunch special is our favorite

Upvote 0

sleepybear

Could I just throw out there that I've eaten at many...MANY WDW restaurants (my CM friends and I had a long running thing where Tuesday nights were restaurant nights)...and Restaurant Marrakesh was on the BOTTOM of the list.

We had terrible service, the food was less than mediocre, way too overpriced for what is given, and the environment isn't nearly as interesting as other restaurants. The bellydancer and band is great, but you have to check to make sure they are performing that night/what the hours are. In all, we were quite disappointed and somewhat angry!

I highly reccomend Le Cellier, Chefs de France or the Bistro restaurant above Chefs. This is much more exclusive and harder to get reservations for, as well as more expensive but completely worth it!

I have to agree. Le Cellier beats Marrakesh any day. And Bistro de Paris beats out anything else in Epcot.

During out last trip, we ate at Marrakesh on a whim for dinner. The food was OK, but not as good as I was hoping. I was especially disappointed in the decor. Morroco is one of my favorite World Showcase spots, so I was letdown when the restaurant wasn't as well-themed as the rest of the place.

But for those on a budget, the chef's dinner special is a ton of food for a very good price.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom