Should I cancel since there's no FP+, fireworks, limited dining, etc.? When will it return?

MJJME

I have had to cancel 2 trips due to COVID (April 2020 canceled and August 2020 rescheduled b of travel ban)...……….We are currently rescheduled for April 2021 but we will not come if there are no FP+, limited dining, no fireworks, no shows, facemasks, etc...……….Its not worth all the money to travel and not have those options...………….Are there any educated guesses or opinions when WDW will be "back to normal"?

Dog Ate Mouse

honestly we have cancelled plans for this year and next year we decided to go to Montana and see Yellow Stone and do some fly fishing.

Hopefully 2022 everything will be back to what is was. Until then it is time to see a few things that we have never seen and done and will wait on Disney to get it's act together. I do not want to waste my money and time for things closed and looking for things to do. This would be a disappointment to us going now. WDW when everything is open had so much to do and see and just had a fun time and a lot of laughs and smiles and most importantly no MASKS.

Upvote 0

aliceismad

honestly we have cancelled plans for this year and next year we decided to go to Montana and see Yellow Stone and do some fly fishing.

Hopefully 2022 everything will be back to what is was. Until then it is time to see a few things that we have never seen and done and will wait on Disney to get it's act together. I do not want to waste my money and time for things closed and looking for things to do. This would be a disappointment to us going now. WDW when everything is open had so much to do and see and just had a fun time and a lot of laughs and smiles and most importantly no MASKS.
Yellowstone is fabulous. If you have time, I highly recommend driving up to Glacier as well. Fewer easily-accessible animals and no geothermal features but it's absolutely beautiful. Grand Tetons to the south is also quite lovely. Book early if you want to stay in the parks. Wilderness Lodge is lovely and more modern but it doesn't really stack up to the lodge that inspired it IMO. (I grew up in western Montana, right around the area where A River Runs through It was set, so I'm partial to that area.)

Re: Disney, I would consider going if I were close by and could take a few weekdays off, if I felt it was safe. The lack of some activities/amenities seems reasonable given the circumstances. Personally I wouldn't go if it were a longer vacation. We only go to Disney every few years, so we probably won't go until 2022 or so, when there is a new normal established and the safety risk is lower. My husband has to travel a bit for work, and that's enough of a risk for us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JillC LI

It's a personal choice. I wouldn't travel anywhere for quite some time due to safety, but I certainly wouldn't spend the same amount of money at WDW to get so much less. Don't get me wrong, I miss Disney terribly, but I won't return until it can be close to what it was for me. But to answer your specific question, there is no way for anyone to know if it will be back to "normal" by any particular date. I highly doubt that date will be in 2021 though.

Upvote 0

ELG13

I've asked the same question recently. We have a family as well and I think I'd you are wanting ALL THE THINGS you should prepare to cancel but hold out until the last minute to do so. We have a reservation for April as well and we've cancelled 2 trips. We don't consider the fireworks necessary and limited dining still provides enough options. I do see your argument for fp+ . We rely on those to get us on rides we simply can't wait 2 hours for with small children. We are ok doing our 3 and fourth rolling fp for the big rides we want with the kids (pirates, Peter pan etc) and then filling our time with little mermaid, small world etc. I'm going in to this trip with the assumption that crowds will still be limited so fp+ won't be missed. I'm not sure how standby or anything else works yet. I haven't tried to look into it because it could be pointless but....I do see where you are coming from. I'd just prepare for Disney to not be back to the way it was for a bit.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom