Should Honey, I SHRUNK The Audience Be Replaced?

Should Honey, I SHRUNK The Audience be replaced with a new show?

• Yes, i'm tired of seeing the same thing.

Votes: 78 75.7%
  • No, I love the Honey, I.... movies and this is a classic.

Votes: 25 24.3%

• Total voters

NemoRocks78

Seized
Original Poster
What's your opinion on this matter? I myself think it should not be, as it is a great show and I always take the time to see it while at EPCOT. But I know some people who think its time for a change. What do you think? Even though I hope it doesn't go, I think Disney is only going to give it another 5-7 years.

KevinPage

While I enjoy it and think its a great show, being a local, I wouldn't mind seeing it replaced with a new show.

But who knows, I never LOVED "True Colors" until it was gone and feel like an idiot for not video taping and totally appreciating it while it was there.

JLW11Hi

It wouldn't be too bad if it were replaced. It stands as a monument as the first in a big trend in pretty much every 3D show made from then on (Muppets, ITTBAB, Shrek, PhilharMagic), and thus, is probably the most outdated.

Honey I Shrunk the Kids was cool and all, but it does show the attraction's age. It is also kinda neat because it makes Imagination to be the first pavillion with 2 truely linkled attractions, making the whoe pavillion an "Imagination Institute", with Eric Idle as a continuing character.

But seeing as JII with Figment proved to be a dissapointment for many, and having HISTA getting outdated, it would be awesome to see a total renovation of the entire pavillion...

surfsupdon

It's a great 3D show with cool effects and a fun story. I just wish there was more Amy!

As long as the Playground stays, kids will like and enjoy the 3D show. That playground is so fun, I wish it was there when I was younger. I mean, everyone wants to get shrunk for a bit and see the world from a new perspective.

The show's a keeper for now. And my age group and parents of me know the importance and greatness of the original movie. It as great!!

Blake

I dont think they should get rid of the show. Its one of mine (and my familys) favorite attractions at Epcot- plus the line is always long. Get rid of the Fastpass though- it just makes its longer and u should use Fastpass on Test Track and Mission:Space instead...

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
While I've seen Honey at least a dozen times, it never fails to make me laugh. What I'd like to see is the old Image Works opened back up.

MelBelle

While I still enjoyed the show this August (and I even still jumped at the mice and the snake :-/). I'm extremly disappointed that True Colors wasn't there! That was my favorite part of the whole attraction, so it wouldn't bother me much if they just took the entire show and replaced it with another show :( Or they just gave us Figment back...

disnyfan89

Originally posted by KevinPage
While I enjoy it and think its a great show, being a local, I wouldn't mind seeing it replaced with a new show.

But who knows, I never LOVED "True Colors" until it was gone and feel like an idiot for not video taping and totally appreciating it while it was there.

I used to go in there just for true colors and now that thats gone I have no reason to go see it any more!!!! Its time for a change.

Eljay

Hey, they should make one where Michael Jackson is the captain of a space ship and he & a bunch of aliens are going to save the world..... What? That's already been done? Oh. Never mind.

mkymaus

Account Suspended
How about somehow updating it a bit....its pretty old. I enjoy it and see it everytime we go, but....I think its time for a change.

PS...my 16 year old refuses to go on it....he doesnt like the whole mouse/snake thing...pretty funny huh?? It has stayed with him since he was little when he first went on it....so word to the wise parents with youngsters....dont force them to go on and dont assume it wont scare them. :(

tazhughes

Originally posted by Eljay
Hey, they should make one where Michael Jackson is the captain of a space ship and he & a bunch of aliens are going to save the world..... What? That's already been done? Oh. Never mind.

I agree bring back our Captain.

Oh captain my captain.

ilovejennyOC

i'm pretty sentimental about Honey i shrunk the audience, maybe because it was the first in the now trend of 3-D shows, i think they should keep it but maybe jus add some stuff to it..

I'm very sad to hear about the passing of True COlors:cry:

When did that happen?

Ziffman

Honey, I Shrunk the Audience was cool back when it first opened, but then it became kind of an embarassment. It was like, "Really Disney? You're still riding on the success of that movie that came out the same year the first 'Batman' movie was in the theaters?? Really??"

I think a TRON theme could be cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom