Should fantasyland add any new attractions and if so what should they be?...

Two Words:

1.Matterhorn

2.Bobsleds

I would rather see this at WS...in a switzerland pavilion!

My vote is also for a E-ticket Lion king attraction. I think a flume type ride would work well.

What ever it is it should involve a lot of water, and a large well themed show building...Like a mountain, maybe even the one from Lion King. It would be an awesome view to see when you pass through the Castle! All the water from the 20 Thousand attraction looked really cool, in the background!

Nicole220

This is tough because there are so many deserving candidates that should have a home in fantasyland. I personally, feel that Lion King, Aladdin, Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast all deserve a dark ride in Fantasy Land.
Those would be my choices as well. They're my favorite animated Disney movies.

DisneyGigi

There are many that would work... but I agree with the posters who said Lion King.. it is such a great story! I would love to see a ride based on it pop up at MK:)

Kman101

Well, considering Epcot and Animal Kingdom BOTH have Lion King attractions ... but still, I'm all for a Lion King dark ride.

I think Disney should definitely consider adding another building on the 20K site to accomodate a few more dark rides.

Also, is the Fantasyland Skyway area enough room for anything to really go there? I really think they could probably add the Matterhorn there, or yet another ride.

Fantasyland in reality has a lot of places for development.

I'd want a Mary Poppins ride, Alice in Wonderland ride, Pinocchio ride and Lion King ride, at least right off the bat. I'd say Aladdin, but I'd really like them to copy the Aladdin stage show from Disneyland and put that at MGM, possibly in the old Hunchback theater.

God, it kills me that MGM and MK have soooo much room for development, but IMO, they should concentrate on refurbs right now and then develop the areas.

Anyone think they will. Maybe not in the next year or so, but does anyone think this has even crossed anyone's minds at Disney?

SDav10495

Beauty. And. The. Friggin. Beast.

The live show at MGM is no longer that impressive, and it's a shame that this masterpiece, which was nominated for a Best Picture Oscar, has so little other representation in the parks. A dark ride would be fantastic.

Even better--a nighttime spectacular at MK. I know it's Cinderella's Castle, but that broad is boring. Think about how much of BatB's story actually involves its castle, and you can see what potential there is for a great show. It doesn't have to follow the plot closely, just blow us away. Lighting and other effects could transform the entire facade when it needs to be forbidding...and as for the point at which the spell breaks? Please, watch the movie and tell me it wasn't envisioned with a nighttime fireworks show in mind. It could really be amazing.

To address some of the ideas expressed here...

I would NOT want a Lion King attraction set within MK's Fantasyland, which seems to be quite a popular idea. I don't think the setting would be at all appropriate. The Lion King occurs on a grand scale with lush backgrounds. It clashes with the Medeival Faire Fantasyland that we currently have, with storybooks and classic British literature dominating. I think AK is a much better candidate for a Lion King attraction, after relocating FOTLK to Africa and building up this section of the park.

I like the idea of a Little Mermaid attraction, especially near the Grotto. I think that if it is a moderately themed building, the attraction would be perfect.

Mary Poppins also seems like a suitable candidate for a ride. It's a classic story, and a dark ride woudl be wonderful.

Aladdin, I would prefer something big (and different) somewhere else. I just don't think Aladdin belongs in Fantasyland or Adventureland. Maybe something in MGM, since that's just a mixmatching of movies anyway?

Mr. Toad is gone. Fantasyland rides should be based on recognizable classics, not obscure animation choices.

NO to the Matterhorn. If you want to ride the Matterhorn, go to Disneyland. or Animal Kingdom.

I don't even know about the addition of dark rides. Sure, the 20K spot opens up a ton of land, but I don't know if I want to see more plain dark rides in Fantasyland. They already dominate the area. Possibly an immersive attraction, similar to Splash Mountain, that combines dark ride elements in a physically pleasing setting. I like the idea of a Bald Mountain or Villain Mountain. Fantasyland should be family friendly, so it shouldn't be tooooo scary, but I think it's already viewed as the home of little kids. A thrilling adventure would be perfect for the area. To see the Disney Villains come to life would really spark up Fantasyland's attendance.

Rayray

Also, is the Fantasyland Skyway area enough room for anything to really go there? I really think they could probably add the Matterhorn there, or yet another ride.
I don't think that is an option, because of a very large showbuilding behind the Skyway station. If I'm not mistaken, It's a Small World and Haunted Mansion share one large showbuilding, directly behind the defunct loading station.

Anywho, the Lion King stuff sounds like a great idea, but I agree that the scale would definately have to be lessened if it were to go in Fantasyland. Someone mentioned it earlier, and I agree.

However, Animal Kingdom may have some area that could accomodate it. Maybe a section of Africa could be added to appear as an area farther away from the city. A savanah sanctuary from the urbanized section of Africa might be the place for something like that.

MickeyJman06

Since they've replaced the "Legend of The Lion King" attraction in the MK with Mickey's PhilharMagic, there is "room" for a Lion King Ride.:ROFLOL:
legend_lion_king_marquee.jpg

^ Lion King: the adventures of timon and pumba: the ride
LionKing205bVirtual_Safari2.jpg

^and you run into this!
meercat.jpg
http://images.mouseplanet.com/wdw/compressed/Magic_Kingdom/Fantasyland/legend_lion_king_marquee.jpg
^ at the ride, and then yor done!

Jesùs_Carioca

Alice in Wonderland ride from DL would be great. However, I agree that if they made some Little Mermaid stuff there, it would flow better with the grotto.

Agree, and Agree! On both.

hmm...this is a toughie. I'm not sure WHAT should be there, but i wouldn't mind saying WHERE it should be. The Pooh Playplace is beautiful and whatnot... but i wouldn't mind putting a ride there, if not behind it. Don't they have room where they landfilled the rest of the 20k ride? Although, it's going to be taken over by toontown, won't it? *sigh*

Man...in retrospect, i'd preffer seeing a toontown ride! Haha. Roger Rabbit? Anybody? Anybody?...Beuler?

erasure fan1

To address some of the ideas expressed here...

I would NOT want a Lion King attraction set within MK's Fantasyland, which seems to be quite a popular idea. I don't think the setting would be at all appropriate. The Lion King occurs on a grand scale with lush backgrounds. It clashes with the Medeival Faire Fantasyland that we currently have, with storybooks and classic British literature dominating. I think AK is a much better candidate for a Lion King attraction, after relocating FOTLK to Africa and building up this section of the park.
I agree that animal kingdom is also a great place for a lion king ride. If it wouldnt go into MK then AK is the next best place. As for the theming how was a submarine voyage "medeival fair" 20K was not taken down because the theme clashed, it was technical problems. I think becasue its not smack in the center of fantasy land it would work just fine.

Animaniac93-98

There are many things I'd like to see added to fantasyland. Those planned but never built darkrides based on Mary Poppins (carousel horses through the jolly holiday), Sleeping Beauty (with it's AA dragon) and the Legend of Sleepy Hollow (though today it would never be built). The Enchanted Snow Palace would be nice to.

I would personally split the area of 20K in two. One side would have Dumbo's Circus (another unused idea). There I would move the current dumbo ride plus add a second one to increase capacity (then I could also get ride of the magic carpet ride in Adventureland, becuase that's why it was built in the first place), plus have several fantasy type Disney chracters like Elliot (from Pete's Dragon) realized with Disney's new living charcter stuff. The other side of the aera could have two darkrides but I'd rather see a boat ride themed after The Black Cauldron. I know it sounds weird, but if done right it could compete with Harry Potter and still fit in Fantasyland. You could even duplicate (and expand in scale) the climax from the Castle Mystery Tour that used to be at Tokyo Disneyland. Plus see all the other areas of Prydain.

Where Dumbo used to be I would move the pooh playground to. I would also tear down the Skyway station and build a large replica of Toad hall, with the second floor having a table service (non character) resturant (like a bigger version of the one at Disneyland Paris) and the first floor would have a duplicate of Disneyland's Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (which is still popular and would be cheaper to build and take up less space).

stitchtastic

How about a cross between the Great Moviie Ride and Univeral's Spiderman: wearing 3Dglasses with a journey through some of the mentioned disney classics with some sort of adventure element thrown in. Maybe a "guide" like Simba or Tinkerbell. More elaborate than Philharmagic with moving on a boat or train and could end by being showered with pixie dust.

Grumpy_Midget

rides I'd like to see

Disney needs more little people themed rides. Well, they already have It's a Small World, little people are in the Movie Ride at Universal, and we've got the dwarfs at Snow White's Scary ride. How about a little people themed ride though candyland by the Keebler Elves? Or tie it into Willy a with the Umpa-Lumpas?

Bonemachine

Since nobody wants to respond to my thread (which is understandable) I'll bump this one instead. It's interesting discussion.

I know Mary Poppins is in one little scene of Great Movie Ride and I haven't seen the film in years. I can't remember if there was enough in there for a good ride but the whole floating sensation could be really cool. I could see Bedknobs and Broomsticks being a good ride but I doubt they'd ever do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom