Should Disney make a donation for the rebuilding of the Notre Dame Cathedral?

MrMcDuck

It's a nice idea, especially because Disneyland Paris and The Hunchback of Notre Dame exist. Several french billionaires and a number of french businesses have already pledged what at last count totaled 700 million. Disney could certainly contribute at least a few million.

BalooChicago

Religion is involved, so there's sure to be someone who disagrees with it. Separate from that, it's an architectural masterpiece that should be restored. As a shareholder, I support them contributing to the rebuild. DLP should play a role too, naturally.

Note that the building is owned by France, not the Catholic Church.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The Walt Disney Company Pledges $5 Million to Support Rebuilding of Notre-Dame Cathedral
The Walt Disney Company today announced it is committing $5 million to aid in the reconstruction of Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris following the devastating fire that severely damaged the historic landmark this week.

“Notre-Dame is a beacon of hope and beauty that has defined the heart of Paris and the soul of France for centuries, inspiring awe and reverence for its art and architecture and for its enduring place in human history. The Walt Disney Company stands with our friends and neighbors in the community, offering our heartfelt support as well as a $5 million donation for the restoration of this irreplaceable masterpiece,” said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company.

tomast

Original Poster
I don’t disagree with you at all.

Disney has been very wise to avoid the “R” word in the last few decades. That’s the right call.

But this is world heritage type historical site. Based on Disney’s catalog and their beautiful Disneyland in France...it makes sense to provide assistance.
And what with a "Brasil" pavilion on epcot??

Spotted on Twitter 👀

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And what with a "Brasil" pavilion on epcot??

That doesn’t exist...

And if they were to build it with that statue...which I doubt...it would be an awful choice.

The last 10 years alone have provided more than enough proof that you keep the “R” out of it...too many examples to count

macefamily

Disney is quick to be inclusive of many people, however, leaning to a specific religion may be too much for them. Besides, they are predicting that with their movie releases this spring and summer, they will very well take in hundreds of millions.
Iger will be making $100 million in 2019.

drizgirl

Disney is quick to be inclusive of many people, however, leaning to a specific religion may be too much for them. Besides, they are predicting that with their movie releases this spring and summer, they will very well take in hundreds of millions.
Iger will be making $100 million in 2019.
Yet Disney was happy enough to use the cathedral as the setting for one of its animated films.

I'm glad they made the $5 million donation, but I would have liked to see them do a little more. Someone posted a suggestion that they do a special showing of Hunchback in theaters and donate the proceeds. I would have definitely gone to see that.

donsullivan

Premium Member
So--- what will Iger jack the price up on to cover the 5 mil?
Some people really are incapable of anything but negative thought toward Disney. Why does something like this warrant another of the tired rants. Why can’t a good thing done in the wake of a terrible tragedy be just a good thing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom