Should Disney make a donation for the rebuilding of the Notre Dame Cathedral?

tomast

Original Poster
As you might now, the Notre Dame Catheral caught fire and its practicaly destroy. Do you think Disney should donate some money for the rebuilding as a way to help taking in consideration the close relation between the cathedral and the Disney classic movie the hunchback of notre dame

190415-notre-dame-fire-cs-420p_9a0cc23cf5c18f54789f55969cbaf728.fit-2000w.jpg

skynews-notre-dame-paris_4640855.jpg

YJSO5BS7XEI6TPZE3NFZ7NRKUI.jpg

image.jpg

1555375548713.jpg

DreamalittleDisney

Weren't there rumours about a Hunchback live action being made - if so maybe they should make some sort of contribution with then a % of all ticket sales going towards it.

If it was in the pipeline maybe it will be rescheduled due to location not being available.

juniorthomas

It would be good PR for them - for sure - so it would be a wise move.

But “should” they? No...they’re under no obligation to do so
Religion is involved, so there's sure to be someone who disagrees with it. Separate from that, it's an architectural masterpiece that should be restored. As a shareholder, I support them contributing to the rebuild. DLP should play a role too, naturally.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Religion is involved, so there's sure to be someone who disagrees with it. Separate from that, it's an architectural masterpiece that should be restored. As a shareholder, I support them contributing to the rebuild. DLP should play a role too, naturally.

I don’t disagree with you at all.

Disney has been very wise to avoid the “R” word in the last few decades. That’s the right call.

But this is world heritage type historical site. Based on Disney’s catalog and their beautiful Disneyland in France...it makes sense to provide assistance.

DisneyNittany

Is Hunchback of Notre Dame in the Vault? If so, maybe re-release it, with all proceeds going to restoration efforts?

However, I do echo a few comments above that, unfortunately since it's a religious building, that there would be a Twitter uproar. Although, it would be nice to see a major corporation not care about, for lake of a better term, the chronically offended PC police on Twitter.

ryguy

Who would begrudge any person or entity donating to rebuild a world treasure? All people are welcome to enjoy Notre Dame whether religious or not. France has been pretty fractured lately maybe this will heal some wounds within the country. Certainly a sad site to see, hopefully good will come out of tragedy.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Who would begrudge any person or entity donating to rebuild a world treasure? All people are welcome to enjoy Notre Dame whether religious or not. France has been pretty fractured lately maybe this will heal some wounds within the country. Certainly a sad site to see, hopefully good will come out of tragedy.

I agree with you there...France has been “inflamed” over energy prices and stagnation for quite some time. Maybe good can come out of it.

I have no problem with religious structures being celebrated - as they are historic and cultural benchmarks for humanity as a whole.

I think people worry - too much but maybe also rightfully so - about breaking down the 2000+ barriers that major religions were built on. They divide everyone and as the world shrinks and that’s gotta go.

I would assume Everyone shares a bit of that general consensus now...if not - you’re left behind.

I would invite Disney to donate if major damage occurred to Angkor Wat or The Hagia Sofia as well...

5thGenTexan

Is Hunchback of Notre Dame in the Vault? If so, maybe re-release it, with all proceeds going to restoration efforts?

However, I do echo a few comments above that, unfortunately since it's a religious building, that there would be a Twitter uproar. Although, it would be nice to see a major corporation not care about, for lake of a better term, the chronically offended PC police on Twitter.

Maybe its time for action, in general, to be taken without consideration of the opinion of Twitter users.

jclark968

Instead of funds Disney should offer engineering help. Who else could not only recreate parts of the church for a ride but with unlimited funds (which this will have) recreate most the detailed wood work.

Goofyernmost

I agree with you there...France has been “inflamed” over energy prices and stagnation for quite some time. Maybe good can come out of it.

I have no problem with religious structures being celebrated - as they are historic and cultural benchmarks for humanity as a whole.

I think people worry - too much but maybe also rightfully so - about breaking down the 2000+ barriers that major religions were built on. They divide everyone and as the world shrinks and that’s gotta go.

I would assume Everyone shares a bit of that general consensus now...if not - you’re left behind.

I would invite Disney to donate if major damage occurred to Angkor Wat or The Hagia Sofia as well...
I heard once, in a sitcom on TV. "Perhaps we should care less about who we offend and care a lot more about who we inspire."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom