Should certain groups be given priority to attend the parks?

Should certain groups be given priority to be able to enter the parks?

• Guests staying on site regardless of resort type

Votes: 122 56.7%
  • Guests staying on site but based on resort class

Votes: 21 9.8%
  • Annual Passholders

Votes: 27 12.6%
  • Guests with FPs in a given park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guests with dining reservations in a park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Everyone should have an equal chance

Votes: 45 20.9%

• Total voters

dreamfinder912

Exactly, it should be first come, first served. If you show up at the gate, and there is still room- are they going to say, "Sorry no everyone who is staying on property has gotten out of bed yet, and we have to make sure they have a spot" - I don't think so.

people on property already had been given priority by disney- the final "phase" or stage or whatever it's called of capacity closing was only resort, AP, and dining guests. So the structure for allowing resort guests and passholders higher access has already existed.

eliza61nyc

I dont get it.....what obligation???
By your logic airlines who canceled flights on people should give them priority when they want to re-book?
Am I getting that right?

Anyone who can pay to enter should be allowed in.

This class BS is already bad enough at WDW parks.

They will be turning away a lot of guests regardless of resort stay or not......so this is a moot point.

LOL most business already have a so called class system. we call it membership privileges. the American express platinum holder gets perks that the poor slob with a green card does not.
airlines most definitely have a priority system based on the type of ticket you purchase. flying first class is NOT the same as flying coach. You've never heard them announce if you're a first class passenger you get to board first, better food yada yada yada.

The service industry is built on a class system. anyone does have the ability to get in. they can book onsite as easy as anyone else.

not saying it's fair but let's not pretend everyone is equal in the world of commerce. ,LOL, the AMC near me has a reward system pay 60 bucks a year, you get into new releases early, better seats, free food.

jensenrick

LOL most business already have a so called class system. we call it membership privileges. the American express platinum holder gets perks that the poor slob with a green card does not.
airlines most definitely have a priority system based on the type of ticket you purchase. flying first class is NOT the same as flying coach. You've never heard them announce if you're a first class passenger you get to board first, better food yada yada yada.

The service industry is built on a class system. anyone does have the ability to get in. they can book onsite as easy as anyone else.

not saying it's fair but let's not pretend everyone is equal in the world of commerce. ,LOL, the AMC near me has a reward system pay 60 bucks a year, you get into new releases early, better seats, free food.

Okay, so how long do I have to wait outside while my betters walk past me?

NickMaio

Apples and oranges......
I am talking about letting everyone in......yes I know our western system is stratified.....its always been.
Someone here is talking about letting in ONLY the first class flyers....
Even airlines aren't greasy enough to do this.

We dont need to do it to get into the happiest place on earth, is my point.

Line up cattle......even you deluxe DVC aristocrats.

JIMINYCR

I dont get it.....what obligation???
By your logic airlines who canceled flights on people should give them priority when they want to re-book?
Am I getting that right?

Anyone who can pay to enter should be allowed in.

This class BS is already bad enough at WDW parks.

They will be turning away a lot of guests regardless of resort stay or not......so this is a moot point.

Not difficult to understand. Its going to come down to space and numbers for ensuring safety and the ability to control those in the parks. Disney has already sold trip packages to guests who will be showing up for their trip. They get priority. They are guaranteed entry before others, they are counted first. Just like the phased closures that occasionally happen. Its structured to the numbers.
Yes, if you pay you should get in, thats why Disney can and probably will assess numbers and start restricting resort/ park packages sales to future guests who want to come. And restrict the ticket sales to those outsiders not staying onsite. Yes... Airlines that have overbooked flights and then bumped passengers do give them seats on the next available flights. But again its a matter of limited space and numbers.

NickMaio

Not difficult to understand. Its going to come down to space and numbers for ensuring safety and the ability to control those in the parks. Disney has already sold trip packages to guests who will be showing up for their trip. They get priority. They are guaranteed entry before others, they are counted first. Just like the phased closures that occasionally happen. Its structured to the numbers.
Yes, if you pay you should get in, thats why Disney can and probably will assess numbers and start restricting resort/ park packages sales to future guests who want to come. And restrict the ticket sales to those outsiders not staying onsite. Yes... Airlines that have overbooked flights and then bumped passengers do give them seats on the next available flights. But again its a matter of limited space and numbers.
No problem.....have fun on the entitled train.
Bumping passengers and giving them available seats on another flight is no where near the same as allowing only resort guests access to the parks.

Mickey5150

A week, and only MK is open? Good thing Uni will be open first.
You don't need a week to clean a room, even these days.
How on earth would Disney know if and when you might get covid-19?
If a person tests positive then Disney can be contacted so that they can let any guests that could have come in contact with that person that they could be exposed. The whole point of limiting it to a week and alternating floors is simply to limit spread by limiting people that could come in contact with an infected person. 1 infected person can sit down for a meal in the MK and spread it to 1000s, Disney would prefer that didn't happen.

NickMaio

If a person tests positive then Disney can be contacted so that they can let any guests that could have come in contact with that person that they could be exposed. The whole point of limiting it to a week and alternating floors is simply to limit spread by limiting people that could come in contact with an infected person. 1 infected person can sit down for a meal in the MK and spread it to 1000s, Disney would prefer that didn't happen.
It's going to be such a circus.........
This will get out of hand FAST.......
Even with reduced park capacity.

JIMINYCR

No problem.....have fun on the entitled train.
Bumping passengers and giving them available seats on another flight is no where near the same as allowing only resort guests access to the parks.
Youre ignoring my point that onsite guests will have already paid for their packages... they get in.
Disneys probably going to restrict other ticket sales, to control the numbers and restrict the access to people overwhelming the ability for park safety. No entitlement.

NickMaio

WDW can never ensure the safety of anyone with this virus.
It's a total smokescreen....
Taking masks off to eat renders safety impossible.
Such a joke to think otherwise.
I still cant believe US restrictions are being lifted when they were the last worldwide to be implemented.
Shanghai just opened......thus makes zero sense for public safety.

NickMaio

Youre ignoring my point that onsite guests will have already paid for their packages... they get in.
Disneys probably going to restrict other ticket sales, to control the numbers and restrict the access to people overwhelming the ability for park safety. No entitlement.
I get your point.......I dont agree with it.

durangojim

Original Poster
I think from a financial standpoint it makes more sense for Disney to guarantee those staying on property will be able to get in the parks. That’s a pretty big incentive for them to give Disney their money.

jensenrick

Uh . . . okay. Let's say for the sake of argument that someone suddenly feels very sick and gets tested, and also says to the tester, "yeah you can go ahead and give the results of my private medical information to Disney World," (unlikely! and talk to who?) assuming this person went to MK (the only park open in your scenario) then the subset of "come in contact with" is everyone else there at WDW that week. So they should just hand you a form that says, "you have an exposure risk," when you arrive. Or when you leave, might be better from their POV.

JIMINYCR

WDW can never ensure the safety of anyone with this virus.
It's a total smokescreen....
Taking masks off to eat renders safety impossible.
Such a joke to think otherwise.
I still cant believe US restrictions are being lifted when they were the last worldwide to be implemented.
Shanghai just opened......thus makes zero sense for public safety.
No ones safety is ever totally ensured. But procedures and restrictions can be put onto place to give us better odds. Life is a risk. At some point we have to come out of our bubbles and live. Govt cant keep paying an entire section of citizens to stay home isolated forever. Businesses have to start up sometime and FL and other states are beginning to chance openings because the numbers arent showing the excessive cases predicted by those who have been touted as the experts.
I know ..... you dont agree with me on this either.

jensenrick

I think from a financial standpoint it makes more sense for Disney to guarantee those staying on property will be able to get in the parks. That’s a pretty big incentive for them to give Disney their money.

Don't they already have that guarantee if you stay on property?

I just don't buy the idea that other people won't be able to get in IF they have not YET reached the capacity number they are looking for, on any particular day.

jensenrick

No ones safety is ever totally ensured. But procedures and restrictions can be put onto place to give us better odds. Life is a risk. At some point we have to come out of our bubbles and live. Govt cant keep paying an entire section of citizens to stay home isolated forever. Businesses have to start up sometime and FL and other states are beginning to chance openings because the numbers arent showing the excessive cases predicted by those who have been touted as the experts.
I know ..... you dont agree with me on this either.

Well, I agree with you, mostly. I might not have said some of the things you did, but the bottom line is the same- most healthy people need to get out and mingle again, get us back on the road to herd immunity.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
One option was missing. Just me. I’ve gotten used to jet packing in and out of the parks. I’ve even designed a long rod to hit the stop button after I’ve had my fill of Triceratops Spin. I usually ride for 5 or 6 hours straight. The music on that ride is the soundtrack of my life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom