Should certain groups be given priority to attend the parks?

Should certain groups be given priority to be able to enter the parks?

• Guests staying on site regardless of resort type

Votes: 122 56.7%
  • Guests staying on site but based on resort class

Votes: 21 9.8%
  • Annual Passholders

Votes: 27 12.6%
  • Guests with FPs in a given park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guests with dining reservations in a park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Everyone should have an equal chance

Votes: 45 20.9%

• Total voters

durangojim

Original Poster
Don't they already have that guarantee if you stay on property?

I just don't buy the idea that other people won't be able to get in IF they have not YET reached the capacity number they are looking for, on any particular day.
I don’t think there’s any guarantee now or has been in the past.

Lynda Bishop

If a person tests positive then Disney can be contacted so that they can let any guests that could have come in contact with that person that they could be exposed. The whole point of limiting it to a week and alternating floors is simply to limit spread by limiting people that could come in contact with an infected person. 1 infected person can sit down for a meal in the MK and spread it to 1000s, Disney would prefer that didn't happen.
Utterly ridiculous

NickMaio

No ones safety is ever totally ensured. But procedures and restrictions can be put onto place to give us better odds. Life is a risk. At some point we have to come out of our bubbles and live. Govt cant keep paying an entire section of citizens to stay home isolated forever. Businesses have to start up sometime and FL and other states are beginning to chance openings because the numbers arent showing the excessive cases predicted by those who have been touted as the experts.
I know ..... you dont agree with me on this either.
So they cant pay people to stop the biggest global pandemic in modern history......but they have billions upon billions for wall street, the automotive sector and the mortgage sector.......just to name a few in the last 20 years......oh don't forget the executive's. Dont kid yourself your government has more than enough money to keep you at home safe.

The only way around this virus right now is isolation.....plain and simple.

Have fun at WDW this summer.....I wish you all the best of luck.....statistically many of you wont do so well.

NickMaio

No ones safety is ever totally ensured. But procedures and restrictions can be put onto place to give us better odds. Life is a risk. At some point we have to come out of our bubbles and live. Govt cant keep paying an entire section of citizens to stay home isolated forever. Businesses have to start up sometime and FL and other states are beginning to chance openings because the numbers arent showing the excessive cases predicted by those who have been touted as the experts.
I know ..... you dont agree with me on this either.
Just wait for the second wave of this come fall......you might change your tune then.....
Well probably not......

NickMaio

Well, I agree with you, mostly. I might not have said some of the things you did, but the bottom line is the same- most healthy people need to get out and mingle again, get us back on the road to herd immunity.
Do you know any one who has contracted the virus.....someone you consider to be healthy?

I do....I know 4 people in their 30s and 40s.
All ended up on a respirator.....

WDW is not worth it to me.

jensenrick

Do you know any one who has contracted the virus.....someone you consider to be healthy?

I understand what you are saying, and yes it is terrible, and I'm truly sorry for what your friends and/or family is going thru, but I wasn't just talking about WDW. The Real World (the important one) needs to be more interactive again, or we may never achieve herd immunity.
Frankly WDW is irrelevant to rest of the Real World.

eliza61nyc

Okay, so how long do I have to wait outside while my betters walk past me?

And see I know three the total opposite, a pastor here in Philly of one of the largest Baptist congregations. Didn't even know he was positive until he went to a free testing site sponsored by his church. He spent 2 weeks quarantined in his basement, continued to give on line sermons.
Second is a respiratory therapist on my block. She never had a single symptom, found out when she tested + for the antibodies. Then had to try and back track all the people she may have come in contact with.
I actually agree with you but mainly because most folks are asymptomatic. Lol but I do have reservations for a week at the Jersey shore so not sure if that will be much safer

eliza61nyc

Okay, so how long do I have to wait outside while my betters walk past me?
That depends on you, you can pony up the money and not wait at all. You just have to decide if it's cost is worth it.
I'm just dispelling this illusion that wdw is any different. Many industry have perks/rewards for those who want to spend the cash.
In a way Disney has already been there, done that. Club 33, magic after hours. And can't you hire a Disney guide at top dollar and skip all the lines??? So your "betters" ( your words, not mine) are already getting privileges

If they have to restrict access at first, they are going to give the perk (in this case admission) to those who for whatever "club" they put together.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

Staying a Deluxe Resort - you want the money people coming.
Don’t open the value resorts. Keep that crowd away that tries to roll a cooler into the park lol

Hcalvert

If a person tests positive then Disney can be contacted so that they can let any guests that could have come in contact with that person that they could be exposed. The whole point of limiting it to a week and alternating floors is simply to limit spread by limiting people that could come in contact with an infected person. 1 infected person can sit down for a meal in the MK and spread it to 1000s, Disney would prefer that didn't happen.
I was told by my physical therapist earlier this week that a positive test result with no or very mild symptoms no longer gets reported for the purpose of alterting those that had contact with you and you are just told to self-quarantine for two weeks. Of course, it is a different scenario if you are symptomatic and need to be hosipitalized. I am thinking that Disney would not be notified in mild cases. I live in Ohio and only sharing what this healthcare professional shared with me. I am not an expert by any means and fully admit that.

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

If you are going to discriminate and give priority to certain groups over others, I for one will be finished with Disney and will never go again.

I guess if you see it as discrimination.

Disneyworld unfortunately will probably have to restrict access to a lot of people. That's probably a sure bet. So how do you choose? Yes one option is to just make it an open chance, just show up at the gate. First come, first served, but they have ALWAYS wanted folks to eat, play and sleep in their fiefdom. One way to get that is to link admittance to staying onsite. And I think they should. If someone is forking over the dough to stay say at a MK resort, they should get guaranteed admission.

But I always get flamed because I don't ever think anyone is entitled to a Disney vacation, no one has some God given "right" to get in.

The problem is they have a hot commodity but limited space. In all scenarios someone is going to be left out. If you're a business you definitely don't want it to be your high spending folks

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member

Disneyworld unfortunately will probably have to restrict access to a lot of people. That's probably a sure bet. So how do you choose? Yes one option is to just make it an open chance, just show up at the gate. First come, first served, but they have ALWAYS wanted folks to eat, play and sleep in their fiefdom. One way to get that is to link admittance to staying onsite. And I think they should. If someone is forking over the dough to stay say at a MK resort, they should get guaranteed admission.

But I always get flamed because I don't ever think anyone is entitled to a Disney vacation, no one has some God given "right" to get in.

The problem is they have a hot commodity but limited space. In all scenarios someone is going to be left out. If you're a business you definitely don't want it to be your high spending folks

I hear ya. I don't think they really have a way to "prioritize" at this moment. Not all resorts are open, and it's not like people are walking around with 5k, 10k, 20k or $50 for that matter - tattooed on their forehead. I think they'll be happy with the first "Turkey Leg" they sell. At least on day one. We'll evaluate from there. FWIW - I'm good for 2 rounds of Macallan 18 at Rose and Crown. So hopefully I'll get in.

Graham9

I can accept first-come-first-served as that is a way of life with a lot of things in life, especially WDW. A lot of people go there and they can only accommodate a finite number of people at any one time, whether its for dining, an attraction or just admittance. Nobody has a God-given right to anything and everyone should be treated equally and fairly and when attendance overtakes facilities, then you just have to roll the dice. I have been there several times where you turn up wanting something, but for one reason or another, you either win or lose. In other words, it's down to capacity verses chance.

But if you are talking about giving advantage to a specific group of people over others, on the basis of some special status or privilege perhaps denied to others, then I'm out.

durangojim

Original Poster
I agree that in an ideal situation everyone has a an equal chance of attending the parks. Disney has lost a lot of money and to possibly drive people away who would be spending the most amount of money at the parks because they couldn’t guarantee entrance would be a very large financial mistake. The financial value to Disney of having someone who is staying at the GF for a week vs someone who is staying off site for a week is significant. I have a feeling that many who would stay at Disney resorts may cancel or not make a Disney vacation if they could not be guaranteed admittance. I know I would.

cat hem

I voted #1 just because people buying a "resort/ticket" package should get in before someone staying at an "off site" hotel. This is very similar to phased closing where resort guests get in and off site would be turned away. You can always stay at a value to guarantee admission if it's a priority for you.

danyoung56

I voted for Disney Hotel guests, but I've since rethought that. Seems like they could do what big grocery stores and mall stores are doing - just count the number of people entering, and hold everyone else till someone leaves. If you're willing to get up early and do rope drop, you have a better chance of being let in.

dreamfinder912

I voted for Disney Hotel guests, but I've since rethought that. Seems like they could do what big grocery stores and mall stores are doing - just count the number of people entering, and hold everyone else till someone leaves. If you're willing to get up early and do rope drop, you have a better chance of being let in.

but where would they keep everyone else? if the whole idea is limiting close interaction, a big group of people all trying to get in defeats the purpose. it'll end up looking like DHS when people were trying to get to ROTR, especially in the early days when you could get a BG the moment you entered the park. the day i went it was 430am and already busy, by 6 it was jammed with people all trying to get in. they have to have some form of reservation system or it'll be groups bunching up together and camping out for hours and hours just to try to get in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom