Should certain groups be given priority to attend the parks?

Should certain groups be given priority to be able to enter the parks?

• Guests staying on site regardless of resort type

Votes: 122 56.7%
  • Guests staying on site but based on resort class

Votes: 21 9.8%
  • Annual Passholders

Votes: 27 12.6%
  • Guests with FPs in a given park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guests with dining reservations in a park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Everyone should have an equal chance

Votes: 45 20.9%

• Total voters

durangojim

Original Poster
Just thinking that with restrictions in attendance Disney will have to determine who they allow into their parks and I’m wondering who this community thinks it should be.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I went with option 1 .
I went with option 2, but only because I'm a Deluxe snob.

It would be easy to implement, just like the FP+ system. Designate specific tapstiles for Deluxe, Moderate and Value guests. If there's a line at the higher class resort tapstile, you stop admitting guests at the less expensive resort tapstiles until there's no line at the more expensive resort tapstile.

Mickey5150

I feel the best way for Disney to open and control things is to open the MK and the monorail hotels first. Allow stays of up to 1 week and a minimum of 3 nights. Alternate floors of the hotels each week so that they can be cleaned. Once a room has been occupied during the week, even if only for a 3 night stay, no new guests can use the room. The cost to stay at the most expensive resorts would help drive down demand since any stay would be over $1000. This would also allow a bit of contact tracing since Disney would know the hotel, floor and room of anyone who gets covid-19. If the MK experiment is successful then they move to open Epcot and/or HS using only guests staying on Crescent Lake. As far as discounts, I'd only offer room discounts to APs mainly as a gesture of goodwill. Beyond that I'd use the high cost of the hotels to keep capacity down.

durangojim

Original Poster

It would be easy to implement, just like the FP+ system. Designate specific tapstiles for Deluxe, Moderate and Value guests. If there's a line at the higher class resort tapstile, you stop admitting guests at the less expensive resort tapstiles until there's no line at the more expensive resort tapstile.
We’re deluxe snobs too. The thing that bothers me most is that I’m having difficulty finding a mask that will go with my tux for when we’re in the parks after 5.

JIMINYCR

Disney has an obligation to allow primary access to those who bought their resort/ park packages through them first. They have a similar obligation to those passholders who bought their access to the parks. Those who are staying off site will probably be allowed to purchase and access park tickets on a more limited basis because space/ boundaries must be set and they just fall in that area of last come last served. So if that happens we get into the conversation of... Only those who can afford higher priced stays block all others out. Disneys only for those rich folks. Walt wouldnt allow that. blah blah blah.

jensenrick

I feel the best way for Disney to open and control things is to open the MK and the monorail hotels first. Allow stays of up to 1 week and a minimum of 3 nights. Alternate floors of the hotels each week so that they can be cleaned. Once a room has been occupied during the week, even if only for a 3 night stay, no new guests can use the room. The cost to stay at the most expensive resorts would help drive down demand since any stay would be over $1000. This would also allow a bit of contact tracing since Disney would know the hotel, floor and room of anyone who gets covid-19. If the MK experiment is successful then they move to open Epcot and/or HS using only guests staying on Crescent Lake. As far as discounts, I'd only offer room discounts to APs mainly as a gesture of goodwill. Beyond that I'd use the high cost of the hotels to keep capacity down.

A week, and only MK is open? Good thing Uni will be open first.
You don't need a week to clean a room, even these days.
How on earth would Disney know if and when you might get covid-19?

jensenrick

Everyone should be allowed in. You have to think about all of those hotels around the parks that need the business, too. That would be entirely unfair to both other businesses, AND people who can’t afford to stay at Disney’s jacked up price hotels.

Exactly, it should be first come, first served. If you show up at the gate, and there is still room- are they going to say, "Sorry no everyone who is staying on property has gotten out of bed yet, and we have to make sure they have a spot" - I don't think so.

NickMaio

Disney has an obligation to allow primary access to those who bought their resort/ park packages through them first. They have a similar obligation to those passholders who bought their access to the parks. Those who are staying off site will probably be allowed to purchase and access park tickets on a more limited basis because space/ boundaries must be set and they just fall in that area of last come last served. So if that happens we get into the conversation of... Only those who can afford higher priced stays block all others out. Disneys only for those rich folks. Walt wouldnt allow that. blah blah blah.
I dont get it.....what obligation???
By your logic airlines who canceled flights on people should give them priority when they want to re-book?
Am I getting that right?

Anyone who can pay to enter should be allowed in.

This class BS is already bad enough at WDW parks.

They will be turning away a lot of guests regardless of resort stay or not......so this is a moot point.

Herdman

Did you also arrange the cabin assignments on the Titanic? 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom