Trip Report Shortest Retirement in History?

Justin Bieber lasted 2 weeks.

Tom Brady lasted 40 days.

I, Tuvalu, outlasted them both. Not by much, mind you. Yet if not for the encouragement of some forum friends - along with some unusual circumstances - you wouldn’t be reading this.

Unusual circumstances, you say?

Around Thanksgiving my beloved Woody learned his presence was required at a work conference. In Orlando. At Universal.
Just down the road from Walt Disney World.

Woody said I could accompany him if he drove (rather than flew) to Florida. And that we could leave a couple days early and have some Disney time together.

Well you don’t have to ask me twice!

I’d be on my own during the conference. Since the majority of Universal’s attractions don’t appeal to me, it didn’t make sense for me to buy Uni tickets when I could visit WDW for free with my AP. Being solo, I thought it might be fun to do a live trip report so y’all could be my virtual companions!

Turns out I won’t be alone while Woody is occupied after all. Some friends that you have seen in my previous TRs (and one you haven’t) have offered to play with me. I can’t wait!

IMG_0404.jpeg

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
All the special effects were working except the cannons - and since it is highly likely they will never be fixed - I stand by my statement that ALL effects operated as designed.
So, the Cannons are HS's Yeti equivalent. I wonder if they would have to tear the whole ride apart to fix like they would Everest?
We walked straight into the preshow theater when Claire Huxtable was reprimanding Grant Seeker.
I would say Claire Huxtable was reprimanding Hodges (to all my CSI fans).

Seriously, you and @TrolleyFollower91 are rock stars for going during a holiday break. I know Em's limited due to her schedule (and bonus love to you teacher from the daughter of a retired 2nd grade teacher), but that was amazing.

Been thinking (again and again) of a solo trip. Just not sure when. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
So, the Cannons are HS's Yeti equivalent. I wonder if they would have to tear the whole ride apart to fix like they would Everest?
I’ve read that cannon movement did not work well with the trackless vehicles because sensors would stop the ride if vehicles were perceived as being too close. (Much like the sensor on a garage door.)
Seriously, you and @TrolleyFollower91 are rock stars for going during a holiday break.

Been thinking (again and again) of a solo trip. Just not sure when. 🤷‍♀️
Rock stars in the house in October.

Jambo_Ash

Long time lurker here. Creepy..I know…
Interested George Clooney GIF

I just wanted to say that I love your trip reports so much that I was inspired to finally create an account and post for the first time. (Hopefully I did it correctly! 🤣) I love that your daughter still loves to go to Disney with you and hope my children will do the same when they are all grown and moved out!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Long time lurker here. Creepy..I know…
Interested George Clooney GIF

I just wanted to say that I love your trip reports so much that I was inspired to finally create an account and post for the first time. (Hopefully I did it correctly! 🤣) I love that your daughter still loves to go to Disney with you and hope my children will do the same when they are all grown and moved out!
George Clooney is never creepy! 🤩

Thank you for coming out of the shadows. Your words made my night! And if you are planting the Disney seeds, I know your sprouts will happily join you at WDW after they’re grown and gone - all three of mine have! ❤️

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday, con’t

Our autographed post card was waiting for us at the table.

IMG_2993.jpeg

The last time Em and I had eaten breakfast at the Crystal Palace was Christmas Eve 2019. Breakfast here used to be in our regular rotation for the amazing Pooh’s Puffed Toast and for getting a jump on crowds, since we’d book a pre park opening time slot.

That didn’t happen today since EE was at 7:30 and the restaurant didn’t open until 8. But as you’ve read, crowds weren’t a problem this morning!

We literally had just sat down when Eeyore arrived.

IMG_2994.jpeg

Followed quickly by Tigger.

IMG_2997.jpeg

Our server had given us a head’s up of the character rotation and said we should wait a few minutes before heading to the buffet.

IMG_2998.jpeg

We were divided on our opinion of the chocolate chip French toast. I was not a fan.

IMG_2999.jpeg

Sadly, our beloved Pooh’s Puffed Toast (crispy and chewy fried dough rolled in cinnamon sugar, similar to fritters) is no more. :cry: It’s been replaced by the inferior Mickey Churro Waffle. Not the same.

IMG_3009.jpeg

Overall, however, the food was very good and there was much to choose from. We typically aren’t big breakfast people but both us returned to the buffet at least twice and stuffed ourselves silly!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
There was a long gap in-between character meets. The two remaining happened to be my favorite two from the Hundred Acre Wood so I wasn’t ready to leave yet.

Leaving wasn’t an option anyway since our server had disappeared.

Piglet was first.

IMG_3005.jpeg

IMG_3007.jpeg

Next up was the parade through the restaurant led by Pooh. This was cute though it delayed Pooh’s arrival at our table even more.

IMG_3013.jpeg

Our server finally stopped by to check on us and we asked how much longer for Pooh. She curtly replied that “character meets can take up to 90 minutes.” I requested our bill so that we’d be ready to scoot out after Pooh arrived.

Ten minutes later he did.

IMG_3017.jpeg

IMG_3016.jpeg

The time stamp between my first picture and last was just shy of 90 minutes. We had nowhere to be, so it wasn’t really an issue for us but I thought others may appreciate the information.

Breakfast was a pricey $55 pp w/tax and tip, and we agreed it was worth every penny. It was our favorite meal of the trip, as both food and character interactions were great!

Wendy Pleakley

Our server finally stopped by to check on us and we asked how much longer for Pooh. She curtly replied that “character meets can take up to 90 minutes.” I requested our bill so that we’d be ready to scoot out after Pooh arrived.

I'm surprised by this given how efficient Disney is at turning over guests in their restaurants.

It's great they aren't rushing people during a character meal but it feels like they've gone from one extreme (rushing people) to the other (forcing people to wait around longer than they'd like for a character).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom