Short Wait Times at Hollywood Studios

ninjaprincesst

If you were honest with yourself you would realize that it made your visit more enjoyable, but only for the attractions you had a FP for. It is a smoke and mirror illusion. The time you saved with your precious FP was, at least, equally taken up by the fact that Stand By lines took up the time you saved, plus more. You think you are doing better because what you see are the significantly slowed SB lines created by the inclusion of the FP line.

You shouldn't feel insulted that I am saying that because many, many people have been sucked into the same vortex. You and they have been sold into thinking that you are gaining all kinds of time with FP and you are not. It is happening only on the ones that you have a FP for, without that FP you are waiting longer in the SB line then you would otherwise be doing.
the point is you are guaranteed to get onthe rides and the ones I don't have fastpasses for I typically don't need fastpass for.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I will nor be there until December 12 at which point there will no longer be low crowds due to Hurricanes and Rise of the Resistance will be open and it will be line insanity at that point, with no fast pass and no more extra, extra hours. The Savi's Oga's and Droid depot are booked solid so that tells me there will be no more short lines.
Low crowds currently have have nothing to do with hurricanes. And people don’t plan their travel for the most part based on the opening of one ride. The world isn’t that “flexible”..:eek:nly DVC and Florida residents are and that’s not the Lion’s share of the crowds.

This is a pretty “out there” excuse for lack of interest In the land.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
the point is you are guaranteed to get onthe rides and the ones I don't have fastpasses for I typically don't need fastpass for.
When is the last time you were there?

Until very recently, there were ridiculously long standby waits for the majority of rides due to fastpass pre-allocation. Which means you get less out of your day AND it Signals false levels of popularity with the rides.

Moana76

In the Parks
No
I will nor be there until December 12 at which point there will no longer be low crowds due to Hurricanes and Rise of the Resistance will be open and it will be line insanity at that point, with no fast pass and no more extra, extra hours. The Savi's Oga's and Droid depot are booked solid so that tells me there will be no more short lines.

Savi's, Oga's, and Droid depot are limited capacity experiences and reservations were released all at once rather than 180 days before as is usual. I would not judge how busy it will be based on those experiences. You can also check for cancellations as your trip gets closer.

Having a fastpass does not guarantee you getting on the ride. If the ride goes down for technical issues or weather, you may still not get to ride.

In my experience, a positive attitude goes a long way towards enjoying my vacation.

Goofyernmost

True, but I have always loved the entire expanse of WDW, not just a few. There was a time when you could walk around an see everything, not just a few and, yes, there were lines, but they kept moving and the level of frustration was well below sea level. We saw everything, we didn't have to have a Fastpass to see the special ones, because they all were special. All were fun, just like they are now, but, by your own words you are now depriving yourself of the "rest" of WDW just to get to a few specials. That is probably OK for you, but it is not with me. FP has ruined the overall experience since the first day it was introduced. It caused anger in the lines and the need to jump all over the forsaken place to see the ones that you could get to. It created the need to schedule everything, It caused the need for making reservations just to eat and sit at that same time. It made you schedule your meals around your FP's instead of when you were hungry and even able to choose what you wanted to eat when you were hungry, not months in advance. Take it from someone that has experienced extensively, life without FP or FP+, it was so much more enjoyable before that pass existed.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
True, but I have always loved the entire expanse of WDW, not just a few. There was a time when you could walk around an see everything, not just a few and, yes, there were lines, but they kept moving and the level of frustration was well below sea level. We saw everything, we didn't have to have a Fastpass to see the special ones, because they all were special. All were fun, just like they are now, but, by your own words you are now depriving yourself of the "rest" of WDW just to get to a few specials. That is probably OK for you, but it is not with me. FP has ruined the overall experience since the first day it was introduced. It caused anger in the lines and the need to jump all over the forsaken place to see the ones that you could get to. It created the need to schedule everything, It caused the need for making reservations just to eat and sit at that same time. It made you schedule your meals around your FP's instead of when you were hungry and even able to choose what you wanted to eat when you were hungry, not months in advance. Take it from someone that has experienced extensively, life without FP or FP+, it was so much more enjoyable before that pass existed.
I can’t even begin to count the number of “3 and outs” I’ve done over the last 5-6 years because of the bloat in waittimes for standbys...

It doesn’t bother me because I’m not fixated on doing the same repetitive sequence on vacation in an OCD manner as many of the repeat customers seem to be...
But if I was an infrequent visitor...fastpass + would drive me nuts. It steers people to book things they may not even want (Due to tiering) that predetermines the MINIMUM standby waits before a park even opens for the day.

That’s “good”?

Last edited:

ninjaprincesst

I am a like plans, I like knowing what I am doing and when, If I could go more than once a year I might feel different, but when you have 9 days and that's it, I like to know I am getting to do the must do's . I have pretty much accepted that something is not happening, at best we will get one of the GE rides but my daughter is freaking out about it. I could use everyones good vibes that they extend the extra extra magic hours. I have the far fetched hope that if we rope drop GE on both of our HS days we can get one of the rides each moning. I would be thrilled if the lines stay the way they are right now, but from what Im seeing as far as the reservations for SWGE go Im not real hopeful. We also have Droid Depot reservations for each day, so maybe that might help?

mguimond1990

For what it’s worth reservations for these experiences were hard to get for the week I am here..which u already told me was a “luxury trip” because a nonexistent hurricane scared everyone away. The new offerings at galaxies edge are just very low capacity so I wouldn’t put much thought into crowd size based on those reservations.

ninjaprincesst

I can’t even begin to count the number of “3 and outs” I’ve done over the last 5-6 years because of the bloat in waittimes for standbys...

It doesn’t bother me because I’m not fixated on doing the same repetitive on vacation in an OCD as many of the repeat customers seem to be...
But if I was an infrequent visitor...fastpass + would drive me nuts. It steers people to book things they may not even want (Due to tiering) that predetermines the MINIMUM standby waits before a park even opens for the day.

That’s “good”?
All I know is we have much better trips with far less waiting since fast pass plus. And yes we get once a year and for Disney freaks like us we want to do it all each trip. We live 51 weeks a year just counting down to that 1 week.

Janir

Nobody defends Apple or Microsoft or amazon or Comcast or GM or Toyota on the kinda feverish level Disney gets.
Ever chat with a Apple programmer or a Macintosh user? Or even a Apple Iphone fanboy. They all can get quite feverish in defending Apple. Pre and post Jobs.
I'm not sure anyone is even dumb enough to want to defend Comcast for anything. :p

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ever chat with a Apple programmer or a Macintosh user? Or even a Apple Iphone fanboy. They all can get quite feverish in defending Apple. Pre and post Jobs.
I'm not sure anyone is even dumb enough to want to defend Comcast for anything. :p
I’m talking About programmers...or even the iphone diehards. As many people if not more complain about their Apple products as those that praise them.
I’m talking about percentage of defenders...Disney has always been unusually high. Especially parks

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
I saw people using FP on smuggler's run last week and was wondering how. Was it a press thing/rider switch pass?

Also droid depot is relatively easy to get reservations for, as is oga's but unsure about savi's. Reservations are canceled often day of or day before, I can refresh a couple of times and a reservation will pop up. Just an FYI for those bummed about not being able to get a reservation, don't lose hope and check the night before.

We also have Droid Depot reservations for each day, so maybe that might help?
For each day? With each reservation you're committing yourself to a $100 droid, and if you miss the reservation you're still charged for the droid. It's not an attraction really, a neat experience. Wanted to warn since you said reservations for each day, which seems like a lot for what it is.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Baby swap is currently using the fastpass line. We met friends in California with an infant and I actually waited and went on with them though the fastpass line.

And droids are $150 and cool to do...once...for the toy.

It’s not a “ride” or “experience”...just an elaborate shop at a high, fixed price. Same as the hasbro lightsaber thing

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
A trip for me is not a spur of the moment thing it requires a years worth of planning and my vacation has to be requested in January, Plane tickets are purchased , package paid for, ADR's made, no this is set in stone. I love Star Wars and want to do it badly, but the stupid decision to not have fastpass means I will probably never get to, and that stupid boarding group thing they came up with make it impossible to make fastpasses for other areas of the park. Im praying they will figure out it that it will go nuts on December 5th and bring back the extra extra magic hours, I have no problem being there at 5am waiting for them to open.
I was at GE opening day, it was so packed people could barely move. Went back a couple of hours later and it was still packed but it took less than an hour for my boarding group to be called. You have two hours to get into galaxy's edge after your group is called, so you'll have plenty of time if you have fast passes for other rides in HS.

If you're going alone or really eager to ride smuggler's run you can also go into single rider line. The regular line can be 2+ hours long while single rider is 15-30 min, you can ask cast members at the entrance of the ride how single rider is looking and go from there.

ninjaprincesst

I saw people using FP on smuggler's run last week and was wondering how. Was it a press thing/rider switch pass?

Also droid depot is relatively easy to get reservations for, as is oga's but unsure about savi's. Reservations are canceled often day of or day before, I can refresh a couple of times and a reservation will pop up. Just an FYI for those bummed about not being able to get a reservation, don't lose hope and check the night before.

For each day? With each reservation you're committing yourself to a $100 droid, and if you miss the reservation you're still charged for the droid. It's not an attraction really, a neat experience. Wanted to warn since you said reservations for each day, which seems like a lot for what it is.
My daughter has one for one day myself another, expensive but we are Star Wars geeks. For the time we are going there is only one day left at Droid Depot with any reservations at all, and they are very late in the day, nothing for Orga's ot the Savi's and I have been checking since the day they said you could make them, which leads me to believe everyone is waiting until after December 5th to go.

ninjaprincesst

I was at GE opening day, it was so packed people could barely move. Went back a couple of hours later and it was still packed but it took less than an hour for my boarding group to be called. You have two hours to get into galaxy's edge after your group is called, so you'll have plenty of time if you have fast passes for other rides in HS.

If you're going alone or really eager to ride smuggler's run you can also go into single rider line. The regular line can be 2+ hours long while single rider is 15-30 min, you can ask cast members at the entrance of the ride how single rider is looking and go from there.
Thank you for the tip, we can separately if it saves time. I wonder if ROR will have single rider line?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Thank you for the tip, we can separately if it saves time. I wonder if ROR will have single rider line?
All that crowd stuff ended day two...same as Disneyland in May. No groups, short waits, minor crowds, nobody using the food except the bar - which is very low capacity.

It is what it is

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Its pretty slow this week, but there's a tropical storm on tap for this weekend which will be a soaker.

Nice standby times even with all fastpass+ distributed for the day on the.majors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom