Short Wait Times at Hollywood Studios

thomas998

You seriously hate fastpass, that is such flawed thinking, fastpass has made out trips so much more enjoyable, I like knowing 60 days out we can get on the must do rides. I am hating that I have no clue if we will be able to do the two star wars rides or not (I am not willing to devote a whole day to 2 rides).
Fastpasses are really a bit like the lottery, it is great if you get the rides you wanted... but if you don't then you're forced to stand in even longer slower lines if you still want to ride the ride at the top of your wish list. While you might enjoy the fact that you know some rides are locked up for you, remember that the other rides you want to get on are going to be even longer lined and slower moving because of the fastpasses. They aren't a perfect solution just more smoke and mirrors to try and hide the fact that the park is too crowded.

Hockey89

Fastpasses are really a bit like the lottery, it is great if you get the rides you wanted... but if you don't then you're forced to stand in even longer slower lines if you still want to ride the ride at the top of your wish list. While you might enjoy the fact that you know some rides are locked up for you, remember that the other rides you want to get on are going to be even longer lined and slower moving because of the fastpasses. They aren't a perfect solution just more smoke and mirrors to try and hide the fact that the park is too crowded.
This is 100% correct and with the "new" system it made the problem way worse... When it was the paper tixs, it wasn't "that" bad.

ninjaprincesst

This is 100% correct and with the "new" system it made the problem way worse... When it was the paper tixs, it wasn't "that" bad.
Paper fast pass sucked, you had to run across the park to get the thing and then make sure you were back at your correct time, it works great now, you know what you have, and I have never had any issue getting any fastpass at my 60 day mark, Im sorry but I am not buying your stuff about it making the regular line longer, it guarantees you that you get to do something. I have a feeling the only thing I will get to do in SWGE is droid depot because the extra extra hours stop before Rise of the Resistance opens and that was about the only shot you have at getting on after the "slow time" ends. We plan on getting to HS at least an hour before the extra magic hours and praying.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Paper fast pass sucked, you had to run across the park to get the thing and then make sure you were back at your correct time, it works great now, you know what you have, and I have never had any issue getting any fastpass at my 60 day mark, Im sorry but I am not buying your stuff about it making the regular line longer, it guarantees you that you get to do something. I have a feeling the only thing I will get to do in SWGE is droid depot because the extra extra hours stop before Rise of the Resistance opens and that was about the only shot you have at getting on after the "slow time" ends. We plan on getting to HS at least an hour before the extra magic hours and praying.

Have you considered not going? It sounds like you're legit risking spending your vacation angry and upset rather than having a good time.... You could always delay your trip until FP is offered on the SW rides. Which will happen eventually.

ninjaprincesst

Have you considered not going? It sounds like you're legit risking spending your vacation angry and upset rather than having a good time.... You could always delay your trip until FP is offered on the SW rides. Which will happen eventually.
A trip for me is not a spur of the moment thing it requires a years worth of planning and my vacation has to be requested in January, Plane tickets are purchased , package paid for, ADR's made, no this is set in stone. I love Star Wars and want to do it badly, but the stupid decision to not have fastpass means I will probably never get to, and that stupid boarding group thing they came up with make it impossible to make fastpasses for other areas of the park. Im praying they will figure out it that it will go nuts on December 5th and bring back the extra extra magic hours, I have no problem being there at 5am waiting for them to open.

Bastet

Wait times actually seem to be longer first thing during EEMH than they are later in the day. Would the re-tiering of rides have contribited to shorter wait times?
Hope it continues as I will be there next week

Shouldigo12

...we don't get the luxury of people canceling because of the hurricane...
Oh gee, what an amazing luxury, getting to go to DW when a dangerous hurricane is potentially on the way and because are cancelling because they're too scared to go. How wonderful the people who couldn't afford to cancel/reschedule had it.

graphite1326

Judging from comments in these forums, some people might like their idea of whatever the original Epcot was, but it seems the masses want something new.

One analyst predicts that Epcot will become the least visited of the 4 WDW parks soon:
https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/08/24/disney-world-needs-to-fix-its-fading-theme-park.aspx

He also believes that the hike in ticket prices did hurt attendance, despite Disney's claims that they don't have an attendance problem.
Yeah go there during food a wine. Analyst can be wrong. Did you see who got elected in 2016.

ninjaprincesst

Oh gee, what an amazing luxury, getting to go to DW when a dangerous hurricane is potentially on the way and because are cancelling because they're too scared to go. How wonderful the people who couldn't afford to cancel/reschedule had it.
They had it great, I had a friend that was there and said it was the best trip ever with no lines and only one afternoon of lost park time, the point I was making is everyone who was there got a luxury because people were to scared to go and those of us that are pretty much set in this is the one time out of the whole year you can go get the excessive crowds and no fastpass or extra extra hours just a laugable "boarding time".

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Let's hope lower business continues and spreads to other parks at WDW... maybe then they will realize they need to provide a better experience as their product at WDW has dropped over the years and the only way it will be improved is when the revenue takes a hit.
bump
I agree, but don't want to wish something bad on anybody. But it seems this will be the only way they will listen.

My example of poor managing is putting an IP in a country like Norway (that still bugs me and I haven't been on it yet). Also, even though Ellen was in bad need of an update, I don't understand their thinking of putting a thrill ride in that has nothing to do with the entire theme of EPCOT. These may help in the short run because people are just naturally curious and want to do something new. But, and I may be wrong, people still want to visit the idea of the original EPCOT not another "amusement park".

The good news is TWDC is not a person. It is a 100% for profit cut throat leadership run conglomerate that panders to an out of control investor climate.

So basically: like all the other companies.

But what’s weird is the level of “personal” defense of them that still exists. Nobody defends Apple or Microsoft or amazon or Comcast or GM or Toyota on the kinda feverish level Disney gets.

It actually allows more substandard management than other companies can float. Like bob chapek...who is a clueless, sub-pressler level hack.

It’s good to be the Disney.

Janir

Yeah. Back then they just plain didn't dedicate as much attraction hourly capacity to the FP's. Now, with electronic FP's it like they gave 75-80% of a attraction's capacity into FPs. It was probably the only way to feed the FP needs for the on property resorts with out always showing no fast passes at 60 days for resort guests planning trips.
It will only get worse as they add more resorts to WDW property as they don't have the attraction capacity to absorb it over time. Look at how much capacity that's been added with just Grand Destino and Riviera resorts.

ToyStoryMiss

Was at Hollywood Studios this morning and can definitely confirm that wait times were low. Went on Smuggler’s Run (first time!) through single rider and waited basically 10 minutes; TSMM was basically a walk on for most of the morning. It was nice.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You seriously hate fastpass, that is such flawed thinking, fastpass has made out trips so much more enjoyable, I like knowing 60 days out we can get on the must do rides. I am hating that I have no clue if we will be able to do the two star wars rides or not (I am not willing to devote a whole day to 2 rides).
Fast pass limits what you can accomplish in a day significantly. at least the + system does.

But we’ve all been “conditioned” like society space monkeys on it.

I don’t outright disagree with you much...but that’s where we are on this one.
This last week was totally because of the hurriacane nothing else, simple people did not come because of the hurricane, for our December trip I barely got us reservations for Droid depot and could not get Orga's at all which tells me after December 5th it is going to be insanity.
It would be nice to know how much disruption/cancellation the storm caused? My instinct (with experience) is that it was shockingly lower than people think. There was only one incident that really took a huge bite out of the business with cancellations. It was 18 years and 1 day ago. I can verify that one watching internal numbers at that time.
I’m talking about yesterday not last week, but ok. There will be no FP when u visit galaxys edge in December so maybe then you’ll fully comprehend what others are trying to tell you.
I doubt it.
I comprehend and am well aware there will be no fastpasses which makes me so mad, it means that we probably will not get to ride either ride as I can not devote an entire day to getting on 2 rides. Fast pass is the only way you can be assured you get to ride, not having fastpass is just wrong, we spend all this money and can't ride because of no fastpass and we don't get the luxury of people canceling because of the hurricane, and the crowds will be affected by the hurricane for probably at least another week because anyone who coming any where around possible hurricane cancelled.
And there’s the score...
You don’t seem to be understanding that the lines are not long...so why is it gonna take you all day?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah. Back then they just plain didn't dedicate as much attraction hourly capacity to the FP's. Now, with electronic FP's it like they gave 75-80% of a attraction's capacity into FPs. It was probably the only way to feed the FP needs for the on property resorts with out always showing no fast passes at 60 days for resort guests planning trips.
It will only get worse as they add more resorts to WDW property as they don't have the attraction capacity to absorb it over time. Look at how much capacity that's been added with just Grand Destino and Riviera resorts.
B5...you sank my battleship!!

Goofyernmost

I agree, but don't want to wish something bad on anybody. But it seems this will be the only way they will listen.

My example of poor managing is putting an IP in a country like Norway (that still bugs me and I haven't been on it yet). Also, even though Ellen was in bad need of an update, I don't understand their thinking of putting a thrill ride in that has nothing to do with the entire theme of EPCOT. These may help in the short run because people are just naturally curious and want to do something new. But, and I may be wrong, people still want to visit the idea of the original EPCOT not another "amusement park".
Because they have changed the theme of Epcot? It is no longer what it once was. It has moved on to something different. If we want to not be stressed, we need to move along with it or go elsewhere. I'm not trying to be snarky, just realistic. It is what it will be... nothing more.

Goofyernmost

If you were honest with yourself you would realize that it made your visit more enjoyable, but only for the attractions you had a FP for. It is a smoke and mirror illusion. The time you saved with your precious FP was, at least, equally taken up by the fact that Stand By lines took up the time you saved, plus more. You think you are doing better because what you see are the significantly slowed SB lines created by the inclusion of the FP line.

You shouldn't feel insulted that I am saying that because many, many people have been sucked into the same vortex. You and they have been sold into thinking that you are gaining all kinds of time with FP and you are not. It is happening only on the ones that you have a FP for, without that FP you are waiting longer in the SB line then you would otherwise be doing.

ninjaprincesst

Fast pass limits what you can accomplish in a day significantly. at least the + system does.

But we’ve all been “conditioned” like society space monkeys on it.

I don’t outright disagree with you much...but that’s where we are on this one.

It would be nice to know how much disruption/cancellation the storm caused? My instinct (with experience) is that it was shockingly lower than people think. There was only one incident that really took a huge bite out of the business with cancellations. It was 18 years and 1 day ago. I can verify that one watching internal numbers at that time.

I doubt it.

And there’s the score...
You don’t seem to be understanding that the lines are not long...so why is it gonna take you all day?
I will nor be there until December 12 at which point there will no longer be low crowds due to Hurricanes and Rise of the Resistance will be open and it will be line insanity at that point, with no fast pass and no more extra, extra hours. The Savi's Oga's and Droid depot are booked solid so that tells me there will be no more short lines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom