Short Wait Times at Hollywood Studios

StoneCutter589

Original Poster
Pretty surprised to see such short wait times, especially for Slinky and Star Wars...

Jon81uk

Also don't forget that there is currently no FastPass for Smugglers Run, so even though a lot of people will be in line, the time they are waiting is lower than other attractions that do offer FP.

graphite1326

Let's hope lower business continues and spreads to other parks at WDW... maybe then they will realize they need to provide a better experience as their product at WDW has dropped over the years and the only way it will be improved is when the revenue takes a hit.
I agree, but don't want to wish something bad on anybody. But it seems this will be the only way they will listen.

My example of poor managing is putting an IP in a country like Norway (that still bugs me and I haven't been on it yet). Also, even though Ellen was in bad need of an update, I don't understand their thinking of putting a thrill ride in that has nothing to do with the entire theme of EPCOT. These may help in the short run because people are just naturally curious and want to do something new. But, and I may be wrong, people still want to visit the idea of the original EPCOT not another "amusement park".

JustAFan

But, and I may be wrong, people still want to visit the idea of the original EPCOT not another "amusement park".
Judging from comments in these forums, some people might like their idea of whatever the original Epcot was, but it seems the masses want something new.

One analyst predicts that Epcot will become the least visited of the 4 WDW parks soon:
https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/08/24/disney-world-needs-to-fix-its-fading-theme-park.aspx

He also believes that the hike in ticket prices did hurt attendance, despite Disney's claims that they don't have an attendance problem.

Jon81uk

Let's hope lower business continues and spreads to other parks at WDW... maybe then they will realize they need to provide a better experience as their product at WDW has dropped over the years and the only way it will be improved is when the revenue takes a hit.

To be fair September has always been the quietest month, schools are back and its hurricane season that puts some people off.

ninjaprincesst

Also don't forget that there is currently no FastPass for Smugglers Run, so even though a lot of people will be in line, the time they are waiting is lower than other attractions that do offer FP.
That makes no sense, no fastpass means everyone has to wait , it's just slow because of cancellations due to the hurricane.

ninjaprincesst

The slowness is temporary due to the hurricane, and I think a lot of people are waiting until December for Rise of the Resistance because they want the whole land open. If December reservations for Ogas and Droid Depot are any indication I expect December to have insane crowds.

mguimond1990

That makes no sense, no fastpass means everyone has to wait , it's just slow because of cancellations due to the hurricane.
As someone who’s been on smugglers run twice this week I can say it makes perfect sense. The line is constantly moving because there’s no FP line. Both times the wait time was posted 35 min and we mayybeee waited 25. It was awesome. FP severely hinders standby waits.

thomas998

To be fair September has always been the quietest month, schools are back and its hurricane season that puts some people off.
Oh... I'm aware that this is probably not a trend. We used to try and do out trip this time of year because it was less crowded. But unfortunately it is more difficult for high school students to miss a week of school than it was for elementary age kids. But it doesn't stop me from hoping its a trend.

Jon81uk

If 100 people are waiting and the ride can handle 100 people an hour, then it will take them an hour before they board.
If there is FastPass offered then generally only 20% of the ride capacity is given to the standby line, so even if the ride can handle 100 an hour, only 20 are taken from the standby line. Therefore those 100 people in standby will wait five hours.

So having no FastPass means the line moves quicker and the wait time is lower. So Smugglers Run might well be the most popular ride in the park, but you can't judge it by the wait time, only by actually counting how many people are riding it.

thomas998

If 100 people are waiting and the ride can handle 100 people an hour, then it will take them an hour before they board.
If there is FastPass offered then generally only 20% of the ride capacity is given to the standby line, so even if the ride can handle 100 an hour, only 20 are taken from the standby line. Therefore those 100 people in standby will wait five hours.

So having no FastPass means the line moves quicker and the wait time is lower. So Smugglers Run might well be the most popular ride in the park, but you can't judge it by the wait time, only by actually counting how many people are riding it.
Of course the other reality is a ride can only shuffle through X number of people per hour and can only operate during the time the park is open so as long as a ride is never empty you really can't say it is more or less popular than any other that is continually full... If one ride could shuffle through 10,000 an hour and the one beside it could only move through 100 an hour then which one is more popular if the wait time at both rides is an hour? Key is knowing how many people a ride can move per hour and then whether the ride is ever moving half full cars.

Mainahman

We were there on september 8th and 9th in the parks. We did a little of each one, and its amazing how many rides we got, and only used fastpass 2 times. I even did single rider for Smugglers run. At one point slinky had a 15 minute wait... we just ran out of time, so ill have to do it next time.

ninjaprincesst

You seriously hate fastpass, that is such flawed thinking, fastpass has made out trips so much more enjoyable, I like knowing 60 days out we can get on the must do rides. I am hating that I have no clue if we will be able to do the two star wars rides or not (I am not willing to devote a whole day to 2 rides).

ninjaprincesst

As someone who’s been on smugglers run twice this week I can say it makes perfect sense. The line is constantly moving because there’s no FP line. Both times the wait time was posted 35 min and we mayybeee waited 25. It was awesome. FP severely hinders standby waits.
This last week was totally because of the hurriacane nothing else, simple people did not come because of the hurricane, for our December trip I barely got us reservations for Droid depot and could not get Orga's at all which tells me after December 5th it is going to be insanity.

mguimond1990

This last week was totally because of the hurriacane nothing else, simple people did not come because of the hurricane, for our December trip I barely got us reservations for Droid depot and could not get Orga's at all which tells me after December 5th it is going to be insanity.
I’m talking about yesterday not last week, but ok. There will be no FP when u visit galaxys edge in December so maybe then you’ll fully comprehend what others are trying to tell you.

Jon81uk

You seriously hate fastpass, that is such flawed thinking, fastpass has made out trips so much more enjoyable, I like knowing 60 days out we can get on the must do rides. I am hating that I have no clue if we will be able to do the two star wars rides or not (I am not willing to devote a whole day to 2 rides).

Its not flawed thinking or hateful of FastPass, just simple mathematics.
If more of the ride capacity is given to standby then the standby queue will move faster and the wait time will go down.
At present with basically 100% of capacity given to standby on Smugglers Run, the line moves very quickly and the wait time is very low.

ninjaprincesst

I’m talking about yesterday not last week, but ok. There will be no FP when u visit galaxys edge in December so maybe then you’ll fully comprehend what others are trying to tell you.
I comprehend and am well aware there will be no fastpasses which makes me so mad, it means that we probably will not get to ride either ride as I can not devote an entire day to getting on 2 rides. Fast pass is the only way you can be assured you get to ride, not having fastpass is just wrong, we spend all this money and can't ride because of no fastpass and we don't get the luxury of people canceling because of the hurricane, and the crowds will be affected by the hurricane for probably at least another week because anyone who coming any where around possible hurricane cancelled.

Jon81uk

I comprehend and am well aware there will be no fastpasses which makes me so mad, it means that we probably will not get to ride either ride as I can not devote an entire day to getting on 2 rides. Fast pass is the only way you can be assured you get to ride, not having fastpass is just wrong, we spend all this money and can't ride because of no fastpass and we don't get the luxury of people canceling because of the hurricane, and the crowds will be affected by the hurricane for probably at least another week because anyone who coming any where around possible hurricane cancelled.

You will be able to ride. Just get in line for 45 minutes in a nice quickly moving line.

There is no FastPass offered on the PeopleMover and you can get to ride that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom