Shop in Store - Self Check Out via MyDisneyExperience

note2001

I hope you are kidding. Have you ever been in a DSG? There’s literally hundreds of small items on shelves everyday. Just walk in the fishing section of the store.
Brand loyalty is a wonderful thing, and I get it, you work there, it's a good thing. As an EE and product developer also get the desire to have these handheld scanners working.

I see it will be pointless to continue on this discussion as you've missed the obsession over Disney collectibles I'm talking about. it's an entire different way of thinking and an obsession.

giantgolfer

Brand loyalty is a wonderful thing, and I get it, you work there, it's a good thing. As an EE and product developer also get the desire to have these handheld scanners working.

I see it will be pointless to continue on this discussion as you've missed the obsession over Disney collectibles I'm talking about. it's an entire different way of thinking and an obsession.
The obsession over Disney collectibles is no different than the obsession some people have over re-selling sporting goods. I’ve been a Disney fan for 30+ years. My house is littered with Disney ephemera. I fully understand it.
I’m speaking from over 20 years of retail experience, dealing in loss prevention for the last 15 years. People are gonna find ways to steal. Adding a more efficient way to checkout is not going to change that. It also won’t increase it, as long as the cast member is properly trained. That’s on the company.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Can't wait to see all those eBay resellers (described once on these boards as entrepreneurs, lol). If you thought they broke the purchase limit rules as they stand, imagine the possibilities now!
Purchase limits can easily be added to the program. Sam's did it for paper goods

Figgy1

Premium Member
Oh hell no!!!
I refuse to do it at the grocery store and I will not do it in Disney where the CM’s add so much to the experience.
Back in the day when the lines went all the way to Produce in Sam's I used it. Sometimes I didn't want to spend the day in one store for only a couple of items

_caleb

No, junior. We're trying to save your job.
That's fine if you prefer low-paying cash register jobs rather than higher-paying app development and maintenance jobs.

But paying by app is much more secure (the transaction occurs on your phone and the retail outlet is not given access to your account), prevents lines at the register (which usually contribute to negative customer experience), and typically results in higher spending per customer (a plus for Disney).

_caleb

From stealing?
Well, I suppose they could also use the app to track someone's smartphone from the shop to the front gate... That should give Disney's crack team of security professionals plenty of time to catch the perpetrators!

Henchmen-Spandex-Incredibles-h.jpg

LastoneOn

Armageddon. It's literally armageddon. How can we allow some people to self check out while so many others are too inept to handle it. It's outrageous.

Ldno

Stealing what? The CM will match up what’s on your receipt vs. what’s in the bag.

Like I said previously, this changes nothing in regards to loss prevention. You can steal just as easily paying at the register.
The Only thing CM worry about is mask enforcement policies which at this point one can easily start coughing and just leave, all jokes aside, I honestly worry about Disney’s nonchalant bag policies, I always see kids walking out with toys they never tell their parents about. Granted this is more controllable in the disney mall stores because disney employees talk to each with headsets but I figure it would be harder to enforce at world of disney, the emporium or bigger stores, I mean just imagine how much stuff you can fit in those little “doone and Burke” backpacks one can pretend to use as their “checkout” bag.

Accidental theft from kids is accidental, just imagine walking out with the 35,000usd swaroski castle then be like oopsie I paid for this Via the phone app. but Hey what do I know.

giantgolfer

The Only thing CM worry about is mask enforcement policies which at this point one can easily start coughing and just leave, all jokes aside, I honestly worry about Disney’s nonchalant bag policies, I always see kids walking out with toys they never tell their parents about. Granted this is more controllable in the disney mall stores because disney employees talk to each with headsets but I figure it would be harder to enforce at world of disney, the emporium or bigger stores, I mean just imagine how much stuff you can fit in those little “doone and Burke” backpacks one can pretend to use as their “checkout” bag.

Accidental theft from kids is accidental, just imagine walking out with the 35,000usd swaroski castle then be like oopsie I paid for this Via the phone app. but Hey what do I know.
If cast members are ringing up backpacks without checking the inside of them then they have been poorly trained. I find that hard to believe.

dreday3

Who bags my purchase for Resort delivery? The CM at the door? I'm not carrying it around the rest of the day.

I’d assume you’d have to checkout in the regular line if you want it delivered. No change there. But at least the line to checkout will be shorter!

I was thinking they'd just have a counter like they do at the resorts? You can drop it off after your purchase and they will ship to resort? If that even comes back since it's not happening now. We usually leave in the middle of day to go back to resort, so we do our shopping then and just take our stuff with us. But I have used it in the past and I do like having the option to ship...

Regardless....I loove this! We utilize self check-out everywhere that offers it. Everything is going this way sooner or later.

And I'm sure there will be enough CMs there to help those with questions, etc.

UCF

We've seen the Amazon stores that technology apparently auto charges when taking from shelf, so I'm curious how these scan systems know if you're scanning everything in your bag? I've had same question about self credit checkouts. I realize people have been shoplifting since beginning of retail, it just seems easier now? As these systems expand it's apparently not as much of a problem as I believe it could be.
Sams Club/Walmart has the person who scans the QR code at the door do a quick count of the number of items to make sure that matches up, and also look for any high value items or pick at least one random item and scan the barcode on that to make sure it matches up. I used to hate going to those stores because of the long, miserable checkout experience, but my opinion has totally reversed since they introduced Scan n Go

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom