Shockwave

aim

Original Poster
Hi! I was just wondering if any of you have seen Shockwave yet? If so, what did you think? I saw a few weeks ago & loved it! I can't wait, they are coming to my hometown next year!!!! My band is going to go see it too. We went to see Blast when they were in Columbus! I also saw Blast while at WDW last summer! I think you know that you have an awesome show when ppl that aren't real big in music love the show! :D

Bronson

Just returned from WDW 8/1-8/13. Saw their show five times. Thought the show was fantastic. Enjoyed the humorus parts but mostly couldn't get over the combined talent of so many of these young people. Where do they get all that energy !

AndyP

shockwave?:veryconfu

I've just been there, and I never heard of it, what is it exactly, video would also be good for me! :D

aim

Original Poster
It's a stage show. Well, it's hard to explain. Here's a picture. Maybe it will help. Also, here's the site for BLAST (the first one).

http://www.blasttheshow.com/

You can learn about SHOCKWAVE on that page too :p

Attachments

• dc2002 042.jpg
    dc2002 042.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 136

KevinPage

I just saw Shockwave tonight. It was pretty good, nothing mind blowing. I guess I was expecting more from what I heard about it.

I'd rather see guitars and such thrown into the mix instead of just trumpets, sax, etc.

It was done well, just nothing I would pay to see on Broadway

Kevin Page

kevlightyear

If not one of those three, then maybe someone in this group? That's about all I can do for ya.

By the way, I loved Shockwave. Bohemian Rhapsody is one of my favorite songs, and their version was fantastic!

kevlightyear

Ugh, forgot to upload the pic, and when I tried, it said I already had, and wouldn't let me. Here it is in another version:

Attachments

• shock%20group.jpg
    shock%20group.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 103

Figment1986

Originally posted by wdwprincess03
my band is playing the first and last songs of blast for our marching show, i can't wait, it's sooo cool

Lucky, I wish i could have that done. Oh well, At least i get to Play Trouble, Writen by Dany Elfman, Slightly Rearanged. (I love the marching show, Tons of Pit stuff,)

aim

Original Poster
Yeah! That's him! :D The 3rd sax from the left! I'm so excited for them to come here! They're here in March! :/ That's a long way away! Thanks for that picture! I can't believe I didn't take any of him when I was there. But when they come here, I'm gonna get my pic w/him! lol, ok, yeah I'm a dork! I know :p

sillyspook13

Originally posted by WDW*babe
Yeah! That's him! :D The 3rd sax from the left! I'm so excited for them to come here! They're here in March! :/ That's a long way away! Thanks for that picture! I can't believe I didn't take any of him when I was there. But when they come here, I'm gonna get my pic w/him! lol, ok, yeah I'm a dork! I know :p
He's in the summer cast, so he won't be going on tour. (unless one of the other tenor sax players leaves for any given reason and he is offered and accepts the open position) Sorry!

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by KevinPage
I just saw Shockwave tonight. It was pretty good, nothing mind blowing. I guess I was expecting more from what I heard about it.

I'd rather see guitars and such thrown into the mix instead of just trumpets, sax, etc.

It was done well, just nothing I would pay to see on Broadway

Kevin Page

Shockwave was good, I saw it this past weekend and true. it wasn't anything mind blowing.

Does anyone remember when Lord Of The Dance was at Epcot a couple of years ago? THAT was MIND blowing! I'm STILL tired from watching their feet move so fast!!!!

2 years later and still recuperating...I remain.... ;)

COProgressFan

Saw the show this summer, and thought it actually was pretty "mind blowing". The level of talent and energy was incredible. In the 2nd picture posted, the sax player all the way to the right -- he was just insanely good. His solo near the end was incredible. I've never seen anything like that before.

Badger Brent

We just got back yesterday from a weeks stay at WDW. Our family enjoyed the show a lot. We watched it in theater once and listened to about 4 other show while waiting for ToD and Illuminations. Very impressed with movement while playing and the Bohemian bit was funny.

kevinwyld

Having seen Blast several times last year at Epcot, and earlier this year again at DCA (even better than at Epcot), I was looking forward to Shockwave. However, I was rather disappointed.
True, there were good points, but it didn't grab me as much as Blast. I can't put my finger on the reasons why, but that's my 2c worth.
BTW, any rumors on what might be next summer's attraction?

cm1988

Originally posted by kevinwyld
Having seen Blast several times last year at Epcot, and earlier this year again at DCA (even better than at Epcot), I was looking forward to Shockwave. However, I was rather disappointed.
True, there were good points, but it didn't grab me as much as Blast. I can't put my finger on the reasons why, but that's my 2c worth.
BTW, any rumors on what might be next summer's attraction?
To me, it's like the ultimate Drum and Bugle Corps. Not the Pop/Rock mix that the other shows (including Lord of the Dance) provide.

i.m.h.o, the talent level is right up there with the others... flawless performance... and tons of energy. But its a different kind of sound. Maybe more appeal to jazz listeners or people who have played in brass bands.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom