Sharing a PhotoPass+ ?

Fraisie

I'm thinking of buying a PhotoPass+. My sister and her future husband will be in WDW the same time we are there. I was wondering if it was possible to share it?

docdebbi

i wouldn't even really consider it to be sharing. you are family and you are both there at the same time. i wouldn't any issues with this being ethical or not.
when they take your pictures they give you a photopass card, not sure if you get a different one for plus, but i'm sure you can use any one they give you any time you have a picture taken. we often go through five or six or seven during a trip when we forget where we put the old one.
just have all the pics you want taken everywhere you want, then when you go to the photopass website and it asks for your card number, you have the opportunity to enter as many cards as you want.

Upvote 0

Alison1975

you can def share only problem being you only get one + card . Any cards will put pictures on your account but the single + card you get is for the extras..the plus part of it.

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

yes... share the hell out of it. When you come home, select the self download feature and just burn your own discs and share with friends and family. The + is expensive, especially considering some of the shotty images you get from CM's. They have NO photographic training

Upvote 0

Bullee

I just took a youth group of around 20 people to Disney , the Photopass + is great. Remember any photopass card with pics taken during those two weeks can be added to your photopass +. They can get a reg photopass card , add it to your account then add the photopass +. Your free disc or downloads, will include their pictures. Its a great tool.

Upvote 0

wilkeliza

I'm thinking of buying a PhotoPass+. My sister and her future husband will be in WDW the same time we are there. I was wondering if it was possible to share it?

The only issue with sharing is the special pictures like ride photos and character meals will only let you put photos on if the + card is there. Besides that you can get multiple regular photopass cards and put them on the + card later.

Upvote 0

Fraisie

Original Poster
Just to make sure I understand:

I will get the "special" card in the mail (the one that let's me put pictures of special meals and attractions on it) and I can add any other regular Photopass cards to the one account I'll create using that card. This way, I can add my sister's photopass cards to my "account" and we wil get to download all their pictures as well as mine. They won't be able to get their attraction pictures though, unless they have the "special" card with them, correct?

That sounds great, especially since it'll be their Disneymoon :) Thanks!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

Unless you plan on being at the same place at the same time. Then you could "share" it - putting both sets of family pics on one card. So for ride photos or character meals, things like that - you need to be at the same place at the same time. But you can add her regular card to yours.

Upvote 0

DawnBerg

I heard someone say you can take a photo of the + card on your phone and use that for others in your party. Has anyone done this? I am interested in purchasing too and will have teens that will be off on their own but would love to get the photos of them on the rides!

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Just to make sure I understand:

I will get the "special" card in the mail (the one that let's me put pictures of special meals and attractions on it) and I can add any other regular Photopass cards to the one account I'll create using that card. This way, I can add my sister's photopass cards to my "account" and we wil get to download all their pictures as well as mine. They won't be able to get their attraction pictures though, unless they have the "special" card with them, correct?

That sounds great, especially since it'll be their Disneymoon :) Thanks!

Close. You will get a voucher in the mail to redeem at the park for Photopass+. Any of the ride/dining photos will need the Photopass+ card to claim them. You can indeed add any number of Photopass and Photopass+ cards to an account and the PhotoCD order will include all of the originals, plus the edits.

I heard someone say you can take a photo of the + card on your phone and use that for others in your party. Has anyone done this? I am interested in purchasing too and will have teens that will be off on their own but would love to get the photos of them on the rides!

Some people have reported this working, however I have seen on another forum that a Photopass CM posted that they are no longer supposed to accept this at the rides/meals. They have no way to tell that you are the one who bought it originally. Basically while it works well for families, it also works well for people trying to do a Photopass+ share. It definitely seems like Photopass+ was set up in a manner to greatly reduce the attractiveness of the shares. The think they figured even if they lose $20 per person on the ride photos, they more than make up for it by selling another Photopass+ package.

They may still accept a picture of the card, but people have also reported simply writing down the photo number, and then stopping back by the ride later on with the card and giving them the number working as well. If you plan on stopping back by I would do it the same day the picture was taken as I don't think they hold them much longer than that.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom