News Shareholders Reject Bob Iger Compensation Package

draybook

I hate the way he holds them at gunpoint forbidding them from becoming employed elsewhere. He is a tyrant.

Voluntary employment is no excuse for poor wages in a place that reports "record profits" quarter after quarter. Then again, our company just reported 32 billion in revenue for this past quarter and we didn't even get our usual annual 401k bump, so what would I know about corporate greed...

Yes, I know that those jobs aren't meant to make anyone rich but a livable wage would be nice. When you have employees living in extended stay hotels/cheap hotels and eating those 50 cent peanut butter crackers just to survive, you really have to question things.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Voluntary employment is no excuse for poor wages in a place that reports "record profits" quarter after quarter. Then again, our company just reported 32 billion in revenue for this past quarter and we didn't even get our usual annual 401k bump, so what would I know about corporate greed...

Yes, I know that those jobs aren't meant to make anyone rich but a livable wage would be nice. When you have employees living in extended stay hotels/cheap hotels and eating those 50 cent peanut butter crackers just to survive, you really have to question things.

But If you question their policies...then how is Hakuna gonna be able to get all ramped up thinking about how exciting his/her next trip is gonna be? You'll ruin the "magic"

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Alot of things would be nice. Affordable healthcare would be nice some eight years after it was legislated as affordable. Economical transportation that doesnt melt the polar ice caps and cause sharknados would be awesome. Common sense mortar legislation would be the bees knees.

For that particular market until the labor supply gets thin, wages will remain slim.

draybook

Alot of things would be nice. Affordable healthcare would be nice some eight years after it was legislated as affordable. Economical transportation that doesnt melt the polar ice caps and cause sharknados would be awesome. Common sense mortar legislation would be the bees knees.

For that particular market until the labor supply gets thin, wages will remain slim.

My healthcare was affordable before that. But that's a different beast. This is about a corporation that is absolutely on FIRE when it comes to making money. There's no reason to pay them such low wages. Of course the labor supply won't get thin, it's Disney. Most people are attracted to the name like moths to a flame. Point is that while I agree that nobody is forcing them into these low-ish wage jobs, what else is there? I see these folks on the FB pages responding to this news by saying "well, then they need to better themselves and find better jobs". The problem with that is indeed the supply and demand.

Let's say that 40 million people graduate with an advanced degree. Well, are there 40 million CEO jobs or 40 million executive openings that pay well? Besides, it's hard to defend a company that reports record level earnings when their transportation vehicles are riding around with the doors open due to urine poor maintenance.

Magenta Panther

Robert Iger isn't the flip side of Walt - he's way over in the dark side of a galaxy far, far away. All that SOB cares about is profit and stockholders. It's pretty obvious he only cares for Disney for the money it generates. He lets a broken ride (Everest) operate FOR YEARS with a static AA that he "fixed" by putting a strobe light on it, he cuts corners on new rides so that park guests' common reaction to them is "That's it?" and keeps buying up properties the company DOESN'T NEED just because he can. He sold out the company's legacy of quality and innovation to increase the bottom line, and I will always despise him for it. It's rumored he's thinking of running for office, and I hope he does because if he does, every little bit of dirt he ever did will be dredged up for all to see - including the fact that he wanted to sell Disneyland to a foreign country. Watching him crash and burn over that alone would be SWEET.

Last edited:

Progress.City

Capitol Cities became a wholly owned/absorbed subsidiary of the walt Disney company...so technically speaking...he would have "44 years" in corporate speak.

Another guy that started around that time at abc was the guy who bought iger and then "tolerated" him as kinda a cheap tv suit in 1996...any guesses who?
But that “other guy” left ABC and went to Paramount before being recruited to Disney by Roy Jr and Frank Wells.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Robert Iger isn't the flip side of Walt - he's way over in the dark side of a galaxy far, far away. All that SOB cares about is profit and stockholders. It's pretty obvious he only cares for Disney for the money it generates. He lets a broken ride (Everest) operate FOR YEARS with a static AA that he "fixed" by putting a strobe light on it, he cuts corners on new rides so that park guests' common reaction to them is "That's it?" and keeps buying up properties the company DOESN'T NEED just because he can. He sold out the company's legacy of quality and innovation to increase the bottom line, and I will always despise him for it. It's rumored he's thinking of running for office, and I hope he does because if he does, every little bit of dirt he ever did will be dredged up for all to see - including the fact that he wanted to sell Disneyland to a foreign country. Watching him crash and burn over that alone would be SWEET.

So what you're saying is..."not a fan"?

Sonconato

Yes! Yes!

EricsBiscuit

Shanghai Is not majority controlled by disney...Orlando, Anaheim and as of 2016, Paris are...

So "disney parks" only includes those 3, cruiseline, vacation club, etc. etc.
Not true. "Results at our international operations were due to growth at Disneyland Paris and Shanghai Disney Resort." from q4 report. They still get 43% of profit plus all the licensed merchandise. It's a huge money maker for them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That’s not happening.

...I'm not so sure...the board is entirely mercenary and weak...that was never an issue for the first 75 years or so of disney...

And while I think some of the criticism of iger might be a bit much...he is definitely governed by the bear and the bull...lots of moves are pretty obviously short term stock chasing ones.

Chapek would be slash/burn/cash...and the street
Loves that

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not true. "Results at our international operations were due to growth at Disneyland Paris and Shanghai Disney Resort." from q4 report. They still get 43% of profit plus all the licensed merchandise. It's a huge money maker for them.

I'm not saying that...I'm saying that disney is the deciding manager of wdw, Disneyland and Paris...so it's a different category...of course they trying to make money In Tokyo and china

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom