Shaman of Songs Removed from Na’vi River Journey

SpaceMountain77

Original Poster
The Shaman of Songs animatronic figure has been removed from the Na’vi River Journey. Currently, the spaced used for this figure is empty and a digital projection is displayed on the wall.

SpaceMountain77

Original Poster
Thank goodness there are there AAs beside the shaman to pick up the slack along the way. Otherwise, this ride would be just an interestingly lit wet hallway with a 2 hour wait.

Oh.

Your well written reply was the reason for the post. Today, the wait time has hovered around 85 minutes and the experience without the Shaman is lackluster.

Phineas

Your well written reply was the reason for the post. Today, the wait time has hovered around 85 minutes and the experience without the Shaman is lackluster.
Full disclosure, I haven’t actually been on this ride-I’ve only watched several ride videos to get an idea of the experience. It’s gorgeous, and the animation of the shaman is downright eerie in its realism.

That said, this attraction feels like a term paper with an introduction and nothing else. Like the start of something truly lovely, followed by nothing. I honestly can’t believe they were so short sighted to only include one AA. I know this isn’t exactly a “hot take”, but if I waited 85 minutes for a shaman-less experience, I would not be a happy Phineas.

Phil12

Full disclosure, I haven’t actually been on this ride-I’ve only watched several ride videos to get an idea of the experience. It’s gorgeous, and the animation of the shaman is downright eerie in its realism.

That said, this attraction feels like a term paper with an introduction and nothing else. Like the start of something truly lovely, followed by nothing. I honestly can’t believe they were so short sighted to only include one AA. I know this isn’t exactly a “hot take”, but if I waited 85 minutes for a shaman-less experience, I would not be a happy Phineas.
Disney knows that very well. That's why they made a recent purchase of several thousand strobe lights to preclude unhappy guests.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

Honestly, the lack of animatronics is not the problem. The screen/projections/lighting/figures throughout look incredible in person and is probably the best use of those effects I've ever seen in a dark ride. More animatronics would be fantastic! But a lack of them is not the problem with the ride.

It feels like buildup to something but then there isn't anything. It just ends. I suppose the clinax is seeing the animatronic. Which, don't get me wrong, is an incredible animatronic, but doesn't feel like a pay off. Just another part of the ride building to something that doesn't happen.

I like the ride. I think it's a great experience. But it's got a fatal flaw and a lack of Animatronics is not it.

Disney Dad 3000

Honestly, the lack of animatronics is not the problem. The screen/projections/lighting/figures throughout look incredible in person and is probably the best use of those effects I've ever seen in a dark ride. More animatronics would be fantastic! But a lack of them is not the problem with the ride.

It feels like buildup to something but then there isn't anything. It just ends. I suppose the clinax is seeing the animatronic. Which, don't get me wrong, is an incredible animatronic, but doesn't feel like a pay off. Just another part of the ride building to something that doesn't happen.

I like the ride. I think it's a great experience. But it's got a fatal flaw and a lack of Animatronics is not it.

Agreed. I almost feel like the Shaman should've been at the beginning and then again at the end but maybe not as much movement there needed.The ride is beautifully done for what is there, just not enough of it.
At 85 min that would be a tough pill with no AA. Any pics floating out there of how it looks without the shaman?

Biff215

I reluctantly took my nephew on this attraction, as I assumed he would be bored or make fun of it. At the end he said "we can ride this over and over - right?" He hasn't stopped talking about it.
If that were true, many would likely enjoy it much more. It has the feel of a ride that should have a minimal wait. Something like Small World, where I won’t get in line if it says anything higher than 15 minutes.

The problem is waiting an hour plus for rides like these, but we can thank FP+ for that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom