Shades of Green

Disneyfalcon

We have stayed there a few times. It's wonderful. You can't beat the price! The size of the rooms are bigger then the grand floridian! The projected rehab pictures look great also.

One of my goals is to stay in every hotel on the property, but it's hard to justify spending 200-300 dollars a night to stay somewhere else.

If you check their website for current pictures, it doesn't look like they're only a month from opening!

I am looking forward to staying in the new SOG but I am just as excited about the rates they offered to stay in the contemporary. 30 days for me!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Your rate is based on rank. Enlisted rates start at $72. Incredible!

My husband is an 05 so our rate is $104. That's a slight increase from our last stay there.

Either way, for the room quality and location we are not complaining!

Upvote 0

vizaezuul

I stayed at the property when I was a kid, but back then it was the Disney Inn, I believe. I still have a few soaps I kept from that visit, and remember the sign for the resort had a picture of Sleepy holding a candle and yawning (of course). It was kind of plain, but it was right on property, which was awesome. But that was years ago... Oh, well.

Upvote 0

Grumpy56

Yes it's lovely. I just made a reservation for July. We have stayed elsewhere through SOG, the Polynesian, the Yacht Club and the Contemporary. I am really looking forward to seeing the rehab, you can't beat the price if you are eligible. According to the website there is a refrigerator in every room. I don't recall a fridge when we stayed there. Is this something new with the expansion? Does anyone know? That would be great. The other big plus of SOG is that food is much more reasonable. I look forward to trying the new italian restaurant.

Disneyfalcon, you will love the Contemporary. We stayed there last January and loved it. And my husband is an 0-5, too, in the Coast Guard. Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Hi Grumpy 56!

You are right there were no refrigerators in every room before the expansion. We rented one a couple of times. That's a great room addition!

I'm wondering what the suites will be like! There's very few of them so I bet they'll be almost impossible to get. But $200 for a suite that sleeps 6 with two bathrooms! Wow!

I'm so excited about the Contemporary! We extended our reservations one day and the Contemporary was full so we're staying the first night at Pop Century. So I get to knock two hotels off my to do list!

4 weeks from today!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

ltbeach

I have stayed at the shades of green. And i stayed at the contempory while the resort went under rehab. We will be staying there again next year when we renew our wedding vows. I hope they didnt change "The Evergreens". $10 for a large 3 topping pizza was the best value there.

Upvote 0

WDWHeadBanger

Original Poster
I would say that Shades of Green definately holds some of my favorite Disney memories. The evergreens was without a doubt the greatest. We hung out there all the time and new all of the servers and bartenders!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom