SF Magic Mountain gets a new President.

choco choco

They do need to add a bit more or expand the park though, it seemed like i passed thru the same area over a dozen times since the park is so small.

I was actually amazed to see how much land they really do have available though.
By the looks of it bad planning and major roads around the main park have created quite the jumbled mess out of the park. The parking structure would do wonders for them and allow them to relocate some of the parking stalls to expand the park.

I don't think Knott's really has the capacity to expand. They have plenty of land, of course, but they can barely manage and maintain what is there now and their revenue is such that they really can't handle the theme park part of it getting any bigger. The theming drops off a cliff once one leaves the Ghost Town area, and I'd rather they slowly and wisely improve the existing areas, adding charm and vegetation back, rather than filling up more acreage with stuff of the current sub-par standards.

To be fair, that's exactly what they've been doing the last couple of years, in all facets of their operations. A couple years ago they admitted to letting Halloween Haunt get too big, and consciously scaling back the number of mazes in favor of more quality in fewer mazes, and denser concentration of good scare zones, basically consolidating good stuff into a smaller area to bring back quality.

Hattieboxghost110

Darkbeer-According to your sources, has there been any discussion about redoing the front gate/entrance?

It seems like you are correct. I've been reading on SFMM threads how they are planning to build a "ginormous" roller coaster for 2019. Any word on what type of coaster?

Phroobar

Darkbeer-According to your sources, has there been any discussion about redoing the front gate/entrance?
That front entrance could really use a makeover. That jungle gym stuff over the ticket booths looks rusted and falling apart. It's so '80s feeling. They need less ticket booths and a faster security bag check. Maybe hire actual adult security people to handle the metal detectors. I would love to see more airport x-ray machines like Universal has. They need to speed up entrance and make it feel less like a police pat-down but I guess that is what park guests are use too.

SuddenStorm

That front entrance could really use a makeover. That jungle gym stuff over the ticket booths looks rusted and falling apart. It's so '80s feeling.

Yes, the front entrance needs a makeover- but something a couple weeks ago- is that they really need to replace or hide the awful chain link fence that you walk by when going from the lot to the park.

Put in a nice iron fence. A nice wooden fence. One of those bushes that grows tall. Anything that isn't a barb wire chain link fence.

And while they're at it- they should change every visible chain link fence in that park. And make Tatsu's queue an actual wooden structure that looks a bit more permanent that what's been there for the last 10+ years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom