Seven Dwarves Mine Train....NOT for Big people

TyrantBoss

Original Poster
If you are big, or tall....and you don't like to ride in pain. Don't try to ride the Seven Dwarves Mine Train Coaster (SDMT).

I got on the ride via fastpass. I sat in one car. I am 6'4" about 275 so I am a big ex football player.
I sat on one seat and put my left leg down on the other seat. Then I lowered the lap bars, one over my right leg and torso, the other on my left leg.
The Disney CM said, I had to have both legs under one lap bar.
Then they moved me to the left sat for balance.
When they lowered that left lap bar over both of my legs....HOLY HELL!!!!
That hurt SO badly. And in the 3 minute ride...my legs actually turned purple.

I have to proclaim height discrimination. Just because I am genetically a big guy...why must I be punished by Disney.
You would think they would make this ride for everyone, especially since it is a NEW ride.

But there you go. If you are a tall person....try it at your own risk.
I even talked to a guest who was 5'10" and he said it was tight for him as well.

If this does not belong here....well I didn't see a thread that had this topic so I went with it.
I don't want to hear it because I really don't care if this is in the wrong place. Thanks.

Mukta

I'm 4'11" and I barely fit comfortably with another adult next to me. I think this ride is ideal for one smaller adult and one child to sit side by side.

Goofyernmost

Funny, I'm 5'11" weigh in right now at 275 and I had no problem with it what so ever. Most of you folks would advocate banning any "large" person from the parks anyway. So they build a coaster that is a little confined and all of a sudden it's discrimination, like they called and asked how big and tall you were and then built the thing so you purposely wouldn't fit. Fatties don't belong in this happy place according to many.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Hubby, at 6' 8"/265 also had a tight squeeze.
Can't have been too bad though, as we rode it a second time a few days later.

image.jpg

MGMBoy

I would second this. 6'3" and 300lbs. The knees were a little bit of a problem for me but the bar is just so freaking narrow. I actually had small indents/bruises on the outside of both my legs where the bar pressed in. First Disney coaster I have been on with that problem. Usually my problem is either headrests being too low and my head getting snapped around (Kumba @ Busch Gardens gave me headaches like I have never had before) or not enough knee room and almost kissing my own knees.

mikeymouse

There are a few rides I can't fit onto comfortably. I figure if I want to ride them bad enough I will just have to lose weight. I'm only 5'8" and still have no leg room in the boats. Others the lap bar is a bit tight. Last time I couldn't get the M:S console to lock in place. Very embarrassing.

Daniel Johnson

My uncle, 6'9, probably 275-300 didn't complain. but, he never complains much anyway. I probably didn't notice.
I on the other hand, 5'4, 180, but quite wide in the shoulders and chest felt cramped somewhat...still love the ride!

Walt Disney1955

6'2" 290lbs. here. I have not ridden it yet. I'll say this, Disney is very, very friendly to us big guys. I mean, name one ride a guy my size can't go on? There aren't a lot of bigger men than me. Not a lot. So if I don't have complaints so be it. Space Mountain is always a tight squeeze for me. My knees are usually kissing the back of the seat in front of me. At Disneyland I found the Matterhorn very tight. But that's it. I'm a big guy, I don't think people realize just how well built these rides are compared to a Six Flags park. I'll go once a year to a new amusement park with some buddies (last year it was Darien Lake) and the odd time I try the "tester" at the front of the ride and the lap bar won't close. I can't go on it. My friends are always more upset about it than I am. It's life. I wouldn't buy a Honda Civic either. You know your limits. Disney is not the place that restricts a bigger individual from getting on a ride. People ought to see other parks.

CMiller1031

HA HA...I have yet to be on the SDMT, but the only ride I have had to pass on when I got to the ride vehicle was the barnstormer. Not the worst one to miss I must say. I am much bgger than @Big Phil so I agree Disney is very friendly to big guys...

That said, let me go calculate the WW points for breakfast....I am trying to get out of that catagory someday.

Obi

I'm 6'1" and 278#'s. I rode 7dmt. It was tight, but managed alright. Wasn't as worried about my knees and legs as other "areas" being squished.

wdwjmp239

My wife and I are no "Skinny Minnies" - but we're not overly obese either (though, we could stand to lose a few pounds which we're working on anyways) and have had no problems with the 7DMT ride.

I'm not sure if you can nail Disney on "height discrimination", but if you do I'd love to see that lawsuit in action.

jgj123

I'm the same height and weight as the OP and didn't have that much difficulty on the ride. Sure, it was a tight fit, but I managed and wasn't uncomfortable.

What I can't ride comfortably is Space Mountain. Not enough room for my legs and I just feel like I'm jammed in the seat.

I guess with anything, it all depends on your unique physique. I'm guessing the OP's thigh's are larger than mine.

Weather_Lady

You can call it "height discrimination," but it's not actionable, legally-speaking. Height is not a disability and it's not a protected category for purposes of human rights laws, so while it's unfair, it's not unlawful.

I sympathize with anyone whose natural, God-given physique makes it challenging for them to function in a world dominated by relatively shorter or thinner people, although I think WDW does a better job than most of providing ride vehicles that accommodate the vast majority of shapes and sizes safely. If your height makes riding 7DMT uncomfortable, just try to think of that torturous, pint-sized lap bar as karma's answer on behalf of all the folks who've ever had to sit behind you in a theater, stadium or concert. In the grand scheme of things, with the comparative advantages and disadvantages of being tall, I think it all evens out for everybody. ;)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom