Seven Dwarfs Mine Train vs Frozen Ever After

Better ride?

• Total voters

JIMINYCR

Can you believe these two have been the longest waits at the parks recently? Out of all the rides at the 4 parks.
Both have long held top spots for must do attractions.
Right from the opening day 7DMT had long lines from eager fans wanting to see what the hype was all about and to try the new type of swinging coaster car. I dont think its ever lost much in guest popularity since opening. Its been one that guests consistently run to at rope drop.
And Frozen had all the kiddies wanting to sing the songs as they watch their animated characters. When the fan base is clamoring kids, parents must get in line.

UNCgolf

Frozen is pretty awful. It feels like they built half a ride and then threw up their hands and said "good enough!" rather than finishing construction on the rest of the sets and theming. It's a half-baked quick cash in on an extremely popular IP and it shows.

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is very disappointing, but it's at least somewhat fun to ride and the scenes that are there don't feel cheap and unfinished.

I also really do not like the projection faces (they only work when you're looking directly at them from the front; if you look back as you pass the Frozen AAs they're really creepy) and they're a bigger part of Frozen.

Fox&Hound

I enjoy both but have to go 7DMT. Frozen is cute but kind of a weird mix of something new and something old that doesn't work as well as it could. Both rides should be longer. Love the views from 7DMT!

Tom Morrow

The only issue with 7DMT is it feels like a budget cut ride (because it was). A complete ride would have had at least a second dark ride scene and a third coaster portion. Still, it's a coaster, mildly fun, it's pretty good at night, and I like that it's just a slice of the film rather than trying to tell you a complete recap.

Frozen took the already awkward layout of Maelstrom and tried to cram in all the major elements from the film into it. The layout of the ride does not allow for a proper re-telling of the story, which is played out but better than what they did here. Instead, The first half of the ride is all about hyping you up to go to up to Elsa's castle. Then the climax of the ride happens at the halfway point, where you arrive at her castle but she immediately sends you away. The entire second half of the ride is just winding down.

Oh, so yeah, 7DMT wins.

The only time I ever ride either is at the end of the night when the lines will move fast.

sedati

They are D tickets with E-ticket elements. It's either a D that you waited too long for, but may have been pleasantly surprised at the quality level compared to other D's. Or it's an E with an appropriate wait, but not worth it as it isn't a true E in either scale or full execution. They sit in-between. I enjoyed both, but they almost needed to be either bumped up into true E's, or dumbed down into proper D's. My take anyway. I'd happily ride either as is.

jme

7DMT was initially a bit of a let down due to it's length, but on subsequent rides where I knew what to expect and ensured I didn't wait more than 30 minutes in line, I actually find it very enjoyable. The swaying motion of the coaster cars coupled with the track layout makes for a pretty amusing ride, and then the dark ride portion is very well arranged. Would it be a better ride if it was 2-3x as long? Of course! But that doesn't make it not enjoyable for what it is.

Frozen Ever After is nicely done, especially for fans of the franchise, but it is lacking something I can't quite articulate. I enjoyed Maelstrom moreso, although admittedly this overlay is more technically impressive and the queue is vastly improved. I would have preferred they kept Maelstrom but plussed it with more advanced AAs and perhaps replacing the oil rig scene. That being said, while I don't think it is worthy of the wait times it commands, it's still an enjoyable dark ride and a better boat ride than Gran Fiesta Tour.

Side by side, Seven Dwarves Mine Train is the clear winner though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom