Seven Dwarf's Mine Train Virtual Ride

Sped2424

It wasn't surrounded for the first year of it's construction. Uni build Transformers, which was completely surrounded and didn't even have an access road, in about that amount of time. Harry Potter Phase 2, which will contain two cutting edge E-tickets, various shops and restaurants and a fully themed London façade, will likely take about that same amount of time the mine ride will take to build, and that includes the time it took to demolish Jaws. I fully believe that Disney could be building the mine ride faster then they are. They have chosen to build it at a slower pace.
Oh we all went over that in previous threads and I think the general consensus is that Disney could have finished it much quicker had they wanted too. But its cheaper to build things in phases, plus the end game for new fantasyland has been 2014 even when pixie hollow was in the picture. To me it makes no sense, how do you market and open a new land yet leave the e ticket 2 years away. Its like if folks went to cars land and saw a big construction site where radiator springs racers was eventually going to go, but Luigi's flying tires and mater's jamboree was open along with all the other shops. The attendance wouldn't have increased in the same manner as it did and more than a few folks would have complained just like we do about new fantasyland.

MOXOMUMD

Half the people riding Splash Mountain don't even know that it's themed after Song of the South.
Standing in line for Splash this weekend, the lady in front of us asked my daughter if she was ready for school and what grade she was in. My daughter was polite and said yes and second grade. The lady said she was a middle school teacher and not ready for class yet. She then asked if my daughter if she ever watched the series Peter Cottontail on tv? My daughter being polite again said yes. The teacher then proceeded to tell her Splash Mountain was based on those books. :confused: When her group boarded and pulled out of earshot my daughter turned to me and said, "Mom, I hope she's not a reading teacher." :bookworm:

phi2134

Wha
It wasn't surrounded for the first year of it's construction. Uni build Transformers, which was completely surrounded and didn't even have an access road, in about that amount of time. Harry Potter Phase 2, which will contain two cutting edge E-tickets, various shops and restaurants and a fully themed London façade, will likely take about that same amount of time the mine ride will take to build, and that includes the time it took to demolish Jaws. I fully believe that Disney could be building the mine ride faster then they are. They have chosen to build it at a slower pace.
What's the other ride besides gringotts? Are you referring to the hogwarts express?

Disneyfan_76

Standing in line for Splash this weekend, the lady in front of us asked my daughter if she was ready for school and what grade she was in. My daughter was polite and said yes and second grade. The lady said she was a middle school teacher and not ready for class yet. She then asked if my daughter if she ever watched the series Peter Cottontail on tv? My daughter being polite again said yes. The teacher then proceeded to tell her Splash Mountain was based on those books. :confused: When her group boarded and pulled out of earshot my daughter turned to me and said, "Mom, I hope she's not a reading teacher." :bookworm:

HA! That's funny.

JimboJones123

This is the best summary of the thread.

If you don't care about the side by side progress... Go ahead. Don't care about it. Some people do. They see Disney being killed side by side.

phi2134

Well, I wouldn't go that far. It sounds like Hogwarts Express is going to be impressive, but I think Gringots is going to be the real center piece of this expansion.
Im thinking comparable to RnR with smaller trains and more immersive experience. Possibly a combination of the mummy and forbidden journey type ride

raymusiccity

Well, I wouldn't go that far. It sounds like Hogwarts Express is going to be impressive, but I think Gringots is going to be the real center piece of this expansion.

Not so sure about any wow factor for the Express. Sounds like a claustrophobic version of the 3-D King Kong tram ride at Universal Hollywood. Lets go on a make believe train ride, but look at TV screens instead of looking out through windows. I'm just negative about promoting any more 'rides' that utilize screens.

Sped2424

Not so sure about any wow factor for the Express. Sounds like a claustrophobic version of the 3-D King Kong tram ride at Universal Hollywood. Lets go on a make believe train ride, but look at TV screens instead of looking out through windows. I'm just negative about promoting any more 'rides' that utilize screens.
The Hogwarts express is going to make them a killing no matter what, plus the effect of having your own cabin much like you would in a train and having different stories for both day and night, effects happening in your cabin and the candy trolley that will no doubt be serving those who sit on the train. I feel the ride will deliver quite nicely, isn't it crazy to think that this is essentially a monorail but instead of people thinking about the destination more, folks are excited to take the vehicle getting you there. That is where the franchise proves its power, that something as simple as a train is so iconic, and coveted amongst fans that people will no doubt drop money for a park hopper simply to ride the train.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

If the effect of landscape going by is convincing I don't care how it is done.

The Hogwarts express is going to make them a killing no matter what, plus the effect of having your own cabin much like you would in a train and having different stories for both day and night, effects happening in your cabin and the candy trolley that will no doubt be serving those who sit on the train. I feel the ride will deliver quite nicely, isn't it crazy to think that this is essentially a monorail but instead of people thinking about the destination more, folks are excited to take the vehicle getting you there. That is where the franchise proves its power, that something as simple as a train is so iconic, and coveted amongst fans that people will no doubt drop money for a park hopper simply to ride the train.

The candy trolley would be a cool idea, but I think the ride will be to short for that to be practical.

SJN1279

I still have my doubts about Gringotts. It will be a Harry Potter based ride without Harry Potter that utilizes secondary characters. Also Hogwarts Castle is iconic, Gringott's Bank not so much. It only made cameos in the Movie 1 and 8(book 1 and 7), and will not be well known to most non-intense Potter fans.

I will def check it out when it opens, but after my dislike for Forbidden Journey, I'm not nearly as pumped as I was for phase 1.

raymusiccity

I'll try to be cautiously optimistic . It just doesn't seem that they'll be able to deliver all of what you've described within such a limited space and time constraints. They're facing a dilemma of providing a convincing train ride, while moving a tremendous number of guests between the two parks. I don't see where they even have room for a decent pre-show or que.

lazyboy97o

isn't it crazy to think that this is essentially a monorail
Small point of order because I keep seeing this term used, but they are not building a monorail. It is a cable car with an elevated track.
I'll try to be cautiously optimistic . It just doesn't seem that they'll be able to deliver all of what you've described within such a limited space and time constraints. They're facing a dilemma of providing a convincing train ride, while moving a tremendous number of guests between the two parks. I don't see where they even have room for a decent pre-show or que.
Have you seen any of the construction photos? The station areas are massive.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I still have my doubts about Gringotts. It will be a Harry Potter based ride without Harry Potter that utilizes secondary characters. Also Hogwarts Castle is iconic, Gringott's Bank not so much. It only made cameos in the Movie 1 and 8(book 1 and 7), and will not be well known to most non-intense Potter fans.

I will def check it out when it opens, but after my dislike for Forbidden Journey, I'm not nearly as pumped as I was for phase 1.

All I know is when I saw Gringotts scenes in Deathly Hallows Part II my first thought was, "this would make an incredible theme park ride".

Sped2424

Small point of order because I keep seeing this term used, but they are not building a monorail. It is a cable car with an elevated track.

Have you seen any of the construction photos? The station areas are massive.[/quo
Oh if I know universal there is going to be a candy trolley. more money that way.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Oh if I know universal there is going to be a candy trolley. more money that way.

Based on some a discussion with HTF over on the Uni forum it appears that the trains will have less then 10 minute cycle time. Figuring in load and unload we could be talking about 5 minutes or less ride time. Not really enough time to be rolling a trolley up the isle to sell things.

Scuttle

It doesn't matter because the attraction is going to be a massive E-ticket. Good attractions don't need character infusion. Secondary characters are fine, especially in this case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom