Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Discussion

yeti

Found this picture. Not sure if anyone has posted before.

Very nice find. Was this just added to the construction walls?

I'm excited for this coaster, if its' length and excitement level is comparable to Big Thunder Mountain. If its more like Casey Jr. or something then... nevermind, but either way its still better than what they previously had planned, so its a win-win situation.

Think Casey Jr in terms of thrills, BTM in terms of dazzle. Not that it'll be quite as intricate as the later, but...you get the idea. ;)

Eventually Hollywood Studios will get the care that it needs and we'll start seeing some more rides with 180min. wait time.

If DHS gets the care it needs, that's the kind of thing I don't expect/want to be seeing.

steamboat_tyler

You know, I just can't wait for the new Fantasyland overall. Although, this seems like a great addition. Really takes up a lot of space it looks like!

S

stphnbogert

If DHS gets the care it needs, that's the kind of thing I don't expect/want to be seeing.

it's not something i'm sure anyone wants to see but attractions that are THAT popular would be great. thats why DHS needs the work that the FLE is getting. We all can agree that Hollywood Studios needs work done on it but it won't happen until the FLE is done and hopefully when it comes time we'll be getting some kick butt attractions.

juan

Well TSMM was built for Paradise Pier at DCA.
DHS just got the clone.

Having it be a "video game" ride fits in perfectly with the boardwalk games area.

Victor Kelly

I am looking forward to the FLE section. I am looking forward to the Seven Dwarfs ride as well. Even though they will be closing SWSA, it is an improvement over the very dated system and ride that is currently in operation.

Now TSM, my wife is 24, I am 36, we loved TSM so we bought the video game for our Wii. It is new, it was entertaining, and we utilized fastpass which made it worth the wait.

Back to FLE. Everything must change. Sometimes some of us like the change, some of us do not. We have to take the good with the bad and move on.

mrpygmypuff

I’m looking forward to this ride as well, but I’m not going to get to excited about the whole thing. Over the last few years my faith in Disney’s ability to deliver quality has gone down a bit. I live here in Orlando, so maybe that’s the reason, over exposure. I’m taking a cruise on the new Disney Dream in a few weeks, I’m hoping that will restore some of my faith.

I think my biggest concern about this ride is the “New Technology” aspect, and the swing back and forth. I hope that doesn’t mean after you get off you’ll need a neck brace!

Disney Rocks

Original Poster
When will we get some sort of backstory? Will it be retelling Snow White, or is it just the dwarfs working in the mine?

Toy Story Midway Mania is decent...but nothing i feel like waiting an hour or longer for. I'd much rather ride Spaceship Earth or Haunted Mansion or heck, even Buzz Lightyear over that ride. In my opinion it was a waste of $100 million. I wouldn't have paid more than half that for that ride.

I don't feel it was a waste. I mean it's a good ride and a lot of fun, it's just overly crowded! Unless I can manage a Fastpass then it's nothing I want to wait in line for 160mins to ride!

I prefer Buzz Lightyear to it anyway. Can't beat the originals.

MMFanCipher

This ride looks like it could be pretty cool.

I've asked this question in other forums, but no one seems to know the answer. So I'll ask it here: Does anyone know when SWSA is going to close?

2020_C.E.O - I've really liked your last two avatars. :eek:

raven

I'm excited for this coaster, if its' length and excitement level is comparable to Big Thunder Mountain. If its more like Casey Jr. or something then... nevermind, but either way its still better than what they previously had planned, so its a win-win situation.

The length of the ride (word is 2-5 minutes) kinda tells you it won't really be like BTMRR but a little more than Casey Jr. A 5 minute long thrill roller coaster would be HUGE. This footprint of this attraction is smaller than BTMRR and they have already stated that there will be scenes and animatronics in the ride building, usually meaning the cars will be going a little slower in these areas to view them. I'm thinking more along the lines of a thrill dark-ride with sharp turns rather than what you think of a coaster as. The ride layout shows a lot of turns and some overlapping track sections meaning there will be some elevation and hills.

Computer Magic

The length of the ride (word is 2-5 minutes) kinda tells you it won't really be like BTMRR but a little more than Casey Jr. A 5 minute long thrill roller coaster would be HUGE. This footprint of this attraction is smaller than BTMRR and they have already stated that there will be scenes and animatronics in the ride building, usually meaning the cars will be going a little slower in these areas to view them. I'm thinking more along the lines of a thrill dark-ride with sharp turns rather than what you think of a coaster as. The ride layout shows a lot of turns and some overlapping track sections meaning there will be some elevation and hills.
Sounds like Splash Mountain so to go slow enough to tell a story. I hope it's close to 5 minutes. I'm getting tired of standing in line 20-45 minutes for a 2 minute show.

dreamscometrue

I'm still thinking this sounds kind of like Crush's Coaster in Paris. It might not exactly be a 'wild mouse coaster' in the dark, but that coaster in DLP has slower sections and some great dips and drops in the dark and is about 2 minutes...but a family fun 2 minutes.

aladdin2007

Great, If it has fastpass that means another nightmare standbye line like peter pans flight and test track etc etc,,Im guessing mermaid will be same way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom