September vs December

Brandon barr

I have booked 2 trips both with free dining because i cant decide what to do. We will have a 8 year old, 3 year old and 2 year old. I am worried September will be to hot for them although i think the kids will enjoy the MNSSHP. Me and my wife and the 8 year old have done bothe MVMCP and MNSSHP. The dates i have is Sept 15-22nd or Dec 8-16th

DarthVader

Sith Lord
You're right it will be hot, but (for disney) the crowds will be less crushing. December, you have the wonderful Christmas themeing, cooler temps. I'd say its a toss up, each option has its own positive and negative. Don't forget December has Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, so your kids will enjoy that.

Upvote 0

Brandon barr

Original Poster
Yes I have done both the MNSSHP and the MVMCP theu are both great. We went in decmeber likr 3 years ago and I have pics we where swimming and all and I remember it being warm. I seen lots of people saying last year it was super cold. We are hoping to be able to do a little swimming if we can.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Yes I have done both the MNSSHP and the MVMCP theu are both great. We went in decmeber likr 3 years ago and I have pics we where swimming and all and I remember it being warm. I seen lots of people saying last year it was super cold. We are hoping to be able to do a little swimming if we can.

The weather is unpredictable. I've been at Easter and it was too cold to swim for long. Don't make your decision based on that!

December is a lovely time. If you have time to do some resort hopping the decorations are amazing at WL, AKL, GF, BC/YC. Lots of things to do outside the parks if you have the time or want breaks but not necessarily naps.

Upvote 0

Greg H

We find December is a great time to go... It does seem to get busier and busier each year, but it is still a great time to go. Only thing I would say about Sept is keep in mind it is hurricane season...

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We find December is a great time to go... It does seem to get busier and busier each year, but it is still a great time to go. Only thing I would say about Sept is keep in mind it is hurricane season...

Not only is it hurricane season, August and September are the busiest months.

Hermine struck Florida over Labor Day weekend, 2016 Matthew struck Florida early October 2016. Irma struck Florida the weekend following Labor Day 2017. And it looks like 2018 will be another active season....oh, joy.

OP, if you keep the September reservation, make sure to purchase trip insurance.

Upvote 0

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Premium Member
Man that's tough.....

You weigh MNSSHP vs. MVMCP. And then EPCOT Food and Wine vs. The Holiday Celebration. Cooler weather vs. Humidity. Hurricane season vs. non-Hurricane season.

I'd go for MNSSHP and Food and Wine, and Cooler Weather, along with non-Hurricane season. Which would give me two votes each for September and December. But there is something "magical" about the Holidays. But then again there is some "magic" about Villains, and Hallowishes....

I know I've added absolutely nothing to this thread.......but just wanted my opinion on record. With the OP having an 8,3, and 2 year old, and combined with the magic of Santa...I'd probably opt for December if I had to chose between the 2.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Man that's tough.....

You weigh MNSSHP vs. MVMCP. And then EPCOT Food and Wine vs. The Holiday Celebration. Cooler weather vs. Humidity. Hurricane season vs. non-Hurricane season.

I'd go for MNSSHP and Food and Wine, and Cooler Weather, along with non-Hurricane season. Which would give me two votes each for September and December. But there is something "magical" about the Holidays. But then again there is some "magic" about Villains, and Hallowishes....

I know I've added absolutely nothing to this thread.......but just wanted my opinion on record. With the OP having an 8,3, and 2 year old, and combined with the magic of Santa...I'd probably opt for December if I had to chose between the 2.

Nice summing up! And Santa wins the day with the casting vote. :D:D

Upvote 0

popcenturylover

We've been at both times. We love F&W & MNSSHP! Weather is much better in Dec. though. It was warm, but alot less humid. The crowds were about the same. The Storytellers in Epcot were interesting and decorations are pretty. Candlelight Processional was awesome! I would have a hard time picking which dates to go. Good Luck!

Upvote 0

dieboy

We have family a few mins from the parks, so we get down a bit.

September is nice, but only mid to end. Parks are not crowded at end of month. Halloween is getting kicked off. Hurricanes are nothing to worry about. Odds are you won't even have to think about it. However, its a bit rainier end of September the past few years. Weather is great IMO, warm but not scorching. Pools are still in full swing.

End of nov thru dec... magical time for sure. Expect heavy crowds. Decorations are great. Weather is cool. These last few winters, have been cooler than usual at times.

I think you have an idea of what to expect both months, so make an informed decision. Fairly empty parks now days are something to be cherished also .. Plus it'd still be halloween themed..

Upvote 0

dieboy

Yea thats a tough one. If youve never experienced a Disney xmas, well .. i'd do it. I love Halloween also, but if I had to pick one, and had not been to either prior, it'd probably be xmas there. That said, we will be down for the family thanksgiving in november and i'm looking forward to the xmas theming, just not the crowds.

If you pick December, I've found if you run opposite hours of the rest of the 'herd', you have a more pleasant time. Typically most families take a break from the parks in the afternoon, it was always quieter then vs rope drop or evening mid day. Plus you don't have to worry about it being 'fry an egg on the sidewalk, then get a glass of water from the humidity' hot out ;)

Upvote 0

Brandon barr

Original Poster
Yea thats a tough one. If youve never experienced a Disney xmas, well .. i'd do it. I love Halloween also, but if I had to pick one, and had not been to either prior, it'd probably be xmas there. That said, we will be down for the family thanksgiving in november and i'm looking forward to the xmas theming, just not the crowds.

If you pick December, I've found if you run opposite hours of the rest of the 'herd', you have a more pleasant time. Typically most families take a break from the parks in the afternoon, it was always quieter then vs rope drop or evening mid day. Plus you don't have to worry about it being 'fry an egg on the sidewalk, then get a glass of water from the humidity' hot out ;)

last year we did August and it was got but we got to do the haloween party. The year before we did December and the Christmas party and the year before that we did the Haloween party and that was our first year going. This will be the first year we bring the 2 babies out oldest son has been before to both times. We love the haloween and the Christmas just worried it may be to hot in September for a 2 and 3 year old or it may not be warm enough in December. Also my oldest wants to swim lol.

Upvote 0

dieboy

Ooof well kicker .. swimming .. I have *seen* a *few* people out swimming in november, but dang it was a bit cold for that, and i'm a northerner. My folks live down there, and they are done swimming normally mid to late October unless the pool is heated.

So average temps are in the mid to high 80's end of september. I highly doubt that heat would be an issue really, but it all depends on your tolerance, i prefer 95+ish .. my wife likes 70s ... Also, its not really the heat, its the sun. The sun mid florida, is nearly always close, you can get just as sun burnt in mid july as mid october for the most part. So .. if you keep them out of direct sunlight, while it may be warm, it won't be detrimental to their overall health.

Upvote 0

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We were there over Christmas week and went swimming every single day. It only ever got up to the low seventies, but man, it felt warmer. Plus the pools are heated, and kids generally can withstand cooler swim temps anyway.

I'm taking my 3 year old this year in September, but for you and your situation, I would also vote December.

Upvote 0

beachlover4444

I love both months, especially the week you have in December, get the holiday perks but less crowded. You cant go wrong with either. I also love going in January right after the kids go back to school but avoid the marathon weekends.

Upvote 0

graphite1326

I have decided on December everyone. So long away lol
Glad you decided on December. Because I'm going in September and it will be one family less crowed. In fact, I think all who have booked in Sept. should change to December. LOL just kidding.

This will be our first trip in September. The last week. So it looks like from what people are saying here that is historically less crowded that week than in December. I have gone the week before Christmas before and didn't find it hard to navigate and ride/see the attractions we wanted. I hope it's true about the late Sept. crowds.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom