September vs December

Brandon barr

I have booked 2 trips both with free dining because i cant decide what to do. We will have a 8 year old, 3 year old and 2 year old. I am worried September will be to hot for them although i think the kids will enjoy the MNSSHP. Me and my wife and the 8 year old have done bothe MVMCP and MNSSHP. The dates i have is Sept 15-22nd or Dec 8-16th

Brandon barr

Original Poster
Glad you decided on December. Because I'm going in September and it will be one family less crowed. In fact, I think all who have booked in Sept. should change to December. LOL just kidding.

This will be our first trip in September. The last week. So it looks like from what people are saying here that is historically less crowded that week than in December. I have gone the week before Christmas before and didn't find it hard to navigate and ride/see the attractions we wanted. I hope it's true about the late Sept. crowds.

I went last very last week in August last year and it was so crazy hot and our flight home got canceled because of the hurricane. We went in December 2 years ago and from our pics it looks like we where swimming a few times. But August last year was suppose to not be so busy but to me it was Just as busy as when we went in December and October i really dont think there is a SLOW time at Disney lol .

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

Definitely glad you chose December!

We did the last week of September 2016 and it was PACKED. I'm talking over an hour wait for Its a Small World packed. It was a great trip and my daughter still raves about MNSSHP, but we missed out on a lot of rides.

We did the 1st week in December a few years ago though and it was amazing! Maybe 20 minute waits, but nothing insane. Plus it's just so pretty. Obviously a lot changes in a few years, but I'm hoping my next trip (whenever that is after the one I'm about to go on) will be in December of whatever year.

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

Also glad you picked December! We went in early Sept 2016. And after months of telling my husband "yeah it'll be hot, but it's a different kind of heat than what we have here in KY...it's not as humid in FL"....it was insanely hot and humid. The worst I've ever experienced in all my 25 years of visiting the parks. Like take your breath away humid, even at night. And I thought we could at least escape it inside attractions and stuff, but it seemed like none of the a/c's could even keep up with the heat. Of course, I'm sure you know all about that since you went in August. I've heard Aug and Sept are the worst in terms of heat. The end of the month may be better in terms of that, I dunno. I mean, we still enjoyed ourselves...it sure beat a week at work. But dang...it was rough.

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

LOL, I've never in my life ever heard that before. When I think of Florida, I think of crushing, debilitating humidity.

Still, you got to go Disney :)

I mean, it's always been hot for sure. But the heat has always felt different in Florida than it does here in Kentucky. We have the humidity all summer without those occassional coastal breezes. Kentucky summers can be brutal. But early Sept in Florida was just as bad.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
We have the humidity all summer without those occassional coastal breezes
That's my point, I've never heard about FLA heat without humidity. Yes, they have the tropical rain storms during the rainy season, but the humidity is killer in FLA. I'm not sure coastal breezes ever make it that far inland to Orlando ;)

I've not been to Kentucky, but I've stayed in Georgia, and Tenn and both are hot, and I'm not trying to diminish how bad you have it in KY

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom