September visits!

mbly

This is our families first visit to the world. DW has been there once. Any newbies like me out there? We are going 9-22 to 9-29 at the All Star Music. Free dining was a great bonus. We were going that time anyway. It's me, Dad , Mom and son's 10 & 8 with daughter 6. Any tips or advice would be gratefully appreciated. This site and members has been invaluble in helping me plan our trip! Cheers!

mac41099

mbly,

Glad to hear about your first trip to WDW. I see you live in Pittsburgh. I do, too. (Cranberry, actually). Nice photo :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:. I'll look for you at the next Steelers' game.

Anyways, you are going at that best time of the year to Disney. If you want to do everything at the parks, you will be able to because the crowds are at their lowest. You can walk right on most of the rides. The longest waits are 10-15 minutes. So, be prepared to have a busy, yet fun time.

Enjoy.

Upvote 0

mbly

Original Poster
Thats not me in pic. The guy was great! Anyway I live in cranberry also! That's crazy! I live off rochester rd.

Upvote 0

blappin

My wife and I will be at the All Star Music the same week. I have a list of things that I always make sure to bring / pack for the parks if your interested. If you go to MGM make sure to go to the Animation Academy as the kids will love to draw their favorite character. Animal Kingdom - make sure to go on the Safari first thing in the morning as that is when the animals are more active. Overall - make sure to just relax and have a great time.

Upvote 0

mac41099

Thats not me in pic. The guy was great! Anyway I live in cranberry also! That's crazy! I live off rochester rd.

I live off of Franklin Rd. Small world :wave:

We usually go the time of year you are going, so I know all about the happenings, crowd, etc during Sept. This year we are going in December to see the Christmas decorations for the first time. Then next year we are going again in May (friend getting married in Tampa) and then again for our normal vacation in September.

Upvote 0

mbly

Original Poster
I live off of Franklin Rd. Small world :wave:

We usually go the time of year you are going, so I know all about the happenings, crowd, etc during Sept. This year we are going in December to see the Christmas decorations for the first time. Then next year we are going again in May (friend getting married in Tampa) and then again for our normal vacation in September.
It sounds like we're going at a great time.We we're a little concerned about the kids missing school but they are only young once.Thanks for the tips. And have great time at christmas!

Upvote 0

carebearsrgr8

Whoo hoo

Were going to be there 9/5-9/10. Looking forward to it. Got my reses for Hollywood Brown Derby and Fantasmic. It will be my first trip in 10 yrs! My boyfriend doesnt know why I'm so about all the reservations and the planning. I'm sure when were down there he will see why...I hate to think of all the people wandering around down there not knowing where there going :veryconfu

Upvote 0

mac41099

It sounds like we're going at a great time.We we're a little concerned about the kids missing school but they are only young once.Thanks for the tips. And have great time at christmas!

Our kids aren't in school, yet (3.5 yr old and 5 month old), but my wife just said the other day after discussing the expected crowds for July 4th, that we will always pull the kids out of school to go to Disney in the Sept/Oct timeframe.

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

We'll be there Sept 11 - 16th at AS Sports :wave:

Looking forward to the free dining - because of it this is the first trip ever that I'll be able to afford to eat! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

celticdog

Celticdog- Honestly first trip. I researched alot.The tips about shoes and the weather are great. I've never been to Florida ever. There's probably alot more walking then I can imagine. I'm gonna take some others advice and take breaks and swim. The kids will need it. Any thoughts on which park on first day?

That depends on what time you arrive. It is a Saturday and the weekends are really busy especially MK. We always do Epcot on our first day. It can handle larger crowds better than the other parks. If you have dinner resrevations that day, you may want place yourself close to that particular restuarant.

We're late starters. We typically don't get to the parks until 12:00. We sleep in. Once we're at a park, we stay until the very end. I also find it easier to get breakfast at the food courts after the big morning rush. There's not a whole lot of people eating breakfast at 8/9 am.

Upvote 0

mbly

Original Poster
Celticdog- My son and I are early risers. But mom, daughter and youngest son would kill us if waken before 9 or 10. That's a great tip for breakfast. I hope at least 2 days they will get up early, especially for the safari ride. I read the animals are more active then.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Celticdog- Honestly first trip. I researched alot.The tips about shoes and the weather are great. I've never been to Florida ever. There's probably alot more walking then I can imagine. I'm gonna take some others advice and take breaks and swim. The kids will need it. Any thoughts on which park on first day?
We like to do the MK on our 1st full day.
We are arriving mid-day on our next trip, so we will do Epcot in the late afternoon & evening.
:wave:

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Were going to be there 9/5-9/10. Looking forward to it. Got my reses for Hollywood Brown Derby and Fantasmic. It will be my first trip in 10 yrs! My boyfriend doesnt know why I'm so about all the reservations and the planning. I'm sure when were down there he will see why...I hate to think of all the people wandering around down there not knowing where there going :veryconfu
I know the feeling...sometimes I think I overplan!:hammer:
:wave:

Upvote 0

Stellajack

RE: first time visit

Hi MBLY:wave: How wonderful for you and your family! My entire family will also be there, 9/23-9/30 @ Riverside. All the suggestions given are great. I don't know about others, but it took my DH and I until trip#4 to realize that the UNOFFICIAL GUIDE BY Bob Sehlinger is really great for making the most of your visit. You absolutely are not married to the touring plans, but if you want to make sure that you see and experience all the "classic" Disney then I would strongly suggest you purchase this book. It has touring plans that will give you the best opportunity to 'see and do it all'. When you come to something in the plan that you are not interested in, simply skip to the next line. Your dining will fit in great with the plans and you even have time to 'redo' lots of attractions. We will be traveling with 16 members in Sept, from 5 yo to 62 yo. Every individual small group will have a laminated plan and whether they choose to adhere to it is simply their decision. The book says the plans work and I can confirm that. You will enjoy your trip, no matter what you plan on doing but just remember turning 'round and round' in a Disney park will make you go mad:brick: :eek: :lol: Have a DISNEY DAY and trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom