September Rain...

drewchyi

I have a trip booked from 9/13 - 9/24....did it rain much last September?? I've read in another post that when it does rain, it pours all day.

thnx.

Mickey'n'Minnie

I have a trip booked from 9/13 - 9/24....did it rain much last September?? I've read in another post that when it does rain, it pours all day.

thnx.

Me and the bf have been to Disney 2 times in the past two years, both during September and when it rained, it DID pour however only for a few minutes :)

There was one day last year where it stayed rainy all day but it was just cloudy and it would drizzle here and there with an occasional downpour.

I know you can look online to check the forecast from the past years that way you can monitor your trip (i do this every year lol). Just bring ponchos and carry them with you and you should be fine :)

Upvote 0

Carolyn1717

You want to keep in mind that you are traveling during Hurricane Season so the weather can be very unpredictable. You can wind up with a beautiful week or it can rain & storm the whole time. No one can really predict it at that time of year. I live in Orlando.

Upvote 0

tmaziarz

wont ever go in September again

You are rolling the dice with September, it is Hurricane season and if you dont catch a huricane you will catch a tropical storm.

I was there when 911 hit, we also caught a tropical storm. all our vacation pictures that year we are in ponchos.

It rained so hard one day we couldn't see across the court yard at the movies all star resort.

I recomend May or November.

May has the flower festival and the weather is great.

November has the international food fest and Christmas starts in Disney about November 10th and runs through the first of the year.

Upvote 0

earldw28

I used to *LOVE* that Guns n Roses song.

You must be thinking of November Rain...

Anyway, regarding the original post I went last Sept 13-16th and it never rained while I was there. It got really dark at Epcot one day, in fact my avatar is a pic I took that day but it never rained. Oh well, a rainy day at WDW is better than a rainy day anywhere else I can think of. Have Fun!!

Upvote 0

MickeyFan77

We have taken 4 trips in Sept and the first 2 were wonderful only brief showers in the afternoon. The 3rd one we hit a hurricane on the first day but after that it was beautiful too. We went last Sept and it rained EVERY day and for the most part they were brief but I remember one or two days of it raining all day, not consistant but on and off all day. Now saying that Sept is very nice time to go but hot/humid, which is why we are planning to go in Dec the next time. I would definately get trip insurance b/c of hurricane season though.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
You must be thinking of November Rain...

QUOTE]

Or he/she might be old enough to remember "September in the Rain" But I don't think Guns n' Roses did a cover of it. :lookaroun

I'm the Floridian who posted about the Autumn rain. I've only seen the creek down the street from me flood the road a couple of times, and it was in the fall - but not during a hurricane.

We have been in a general drought for several years now (some years worse than others), so the weather patterns have not been typical. The rainfall has been increasing, but we still aren't back to normal.

Upvote 0

KnK

For the past 10 years with have gone the first full week of September for 10 days. Yes, some years it does rain more than others, but never enought to spoil our fun.

We went two years in arow with not a drop of rain the entire trip.

When it does rain, it is not for a long period of time. Yes, we have been caught during weather years (as poster above mention 911) but it has never been enought to change when we go.

Heck, we have had lots of rain at home lately. Way above our average. You just never know.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I don't think anyone has suggested cancelling a trip due to it being the rainy season. And, as I mentioned, we have been in a general drought, ie less rainfall than average, for over almost a decade now.

I am just warning people that we are due to get back to a more typical pattern soon (at least I hope we do), and when we do, events may be rained out. Not likely, but possible. And if it happens, WDW may or may not be willing or able to compensate you for a less than magical experience. It also may not be reasonable to expect them to have a plan B, as this has not been a common problem in the past.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

To be honest with you after I decided to go this September I panicked a little. I heard so many horror stories about last September that I wondered if I made the wrong decision. But for every person who says it rained on their trip there is another person who says the weather was fine - I guess it's just luck!

I was there in June and it rained everyday we were there. Usually it would rain in the afternoon but there were days where it rained off and on all day. And one night the skies just opened up and it poured!!! But all that being said my trip in June was wonderful, the rain didn't bother me a bit. I guess it would depend on your attitude about rain!

Where I come from when it rains the weather turns horrible. The temp. drops drastically, the wind changes, the fog rolls in, etc. When it rains here it ruins your day! So, when I encounter rain in Florida we actually stand out in it, amazed that it's still warm and raining. And then the rain goes away and the sun dries everything up.

For my Sept. trip, I'm trying to stay positive - if it rains the whole time I'm there, oh well, I'm still in WDW!!!:)

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Rain is only a big problem at WDW if you have your heart set on, or have purchased a separate ticket for, an event which is primarily outdoors. Otherwise, during normal operating hours, you can plan a fun filled day of indoor activities, with just a few minutes of running through the rain from building to building.

I would probably save AK for a nicer day, but the rest of the parks are fine. If you're there on a longer visit, you might just spend a day catching up on rest and laundry, and maybe visiting some of the resort/DTD restaurants and shops. Some of my best vacation days have been when the weather has given me an excuse to sleep in, read a good book, watch a movie, and just relax for a day. :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom