September is sooo slow!!

animay

We went in September last year and it wasn't dead like people have been describing here for this year. It certainly wasn't crowded though. I'd say 40 min wait at most for things like Peter Pan and Pooh. 20 minutes was the average for most things. It just wasn't quite as empty as I was expecting it to be. Hopefully this year will be even better. I'm loving these '5 minute wait' reports coming in. Two more weeks! :sohappy:

GrimmGhosts999

i hope that is stays slow too.....i'll be down there on Sept. 25-30th....cannot wait. It'd be nice to go to WDW for once and spend most of the time standing in lines.

:D

goofyfan13

Well, looks like heading over there on Saturday will work out well. I love it when it's as empty as people are saying. Last time it was like described I was there late Sept. 2 years ago, and I was able to walk through Frontierland without having a person within 15 feet of me. Also got a re-ride on TT.

bgraham34

Sept is just my speed. Less annoying kids to worry about and people for that matter. I like when I dont have to wait and i can really enjoy Disney.

disneytopdog

:sohappy: we are also going that very same time sept 24 thru oct 1 hope to see you there i have an in park id staying at wilderness lodge.11 more days also can hardly stand the wait.:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

I am taking this trip solo and staying for my first time on property at the All Star Sports...ONLY MORE DAYS...I cannot wait the excitment is killing me.....I am worthless at work. Just sit and stare at the calendar(isnt that weird)

disneytopdog

Last year was great too. Stay AWAY from EMH parks. That is all.

Whats the deal with that? Are the EMH parks super packed early in the day of the EMH. Or does it start to pick up say after 5p? I am staying on property and want to take advatage of the evening EMH. But not if its just packed.

JimboJones123

If you are doing EMH, Go for the EMH. Have park hoppers. Do not go to that park for the regular hours. EVERYBODY ELSE DOES TOO, then stays for the EMH. The best idea is to hit the morning EMH, and plan to get out and go somewhere else about an hour or two after the normal hours begin. The crowds get really busy from normal business and EMH. Night times are MUCH WORSE. If you go to EMH nights, go the last hour of regular hours or wait til EMH starts. Go to another park til then. Lots of people use EMH days to stay at one park the whole day. So EMH days can sometimes double the ammount of people in a park for that day during regular hours. Also, nights when there is MNSSHP or MVMCP are REALLY BUSY at MK. Even though people think it will be less crowded because of the shorter hours, many people go there then hop to another park. Plus Special Event tickets open up around 4 or so. That is when guests get there. Plus many of them just use the whole day at MK anyways. So go for EMH, but don't use that park for the normal park hours. It will be VERY busy. EMH nights are VERY DEAD after the first hour or so. Most attractions will be walk-ons. Except Sorin.

ncgolfer

Ever board I'm been to leads me to believe Sept 18-23 will be a little more crowded. The last week of Sept. looks to be extremely crowded. Every disney board you look at that has a poll of whos going when has a huge majority of people going the last week of Sept, 1st week of Oct due to food and wine festival.

MSTINKHERBELL01

I agree, we were in WDW Sept 8-10 and boy was it empty. The average wait time for almost everything in MK was 10-15 minutes. We got on literally everything.:)

Epcot was the same..very slow!

rick2121

Add 10 more for the last week of Sept! 10 of us will be arriving 9/24-9/30. We were also there for the exact same week last year, and although it wasn't packed, it was not not as slow as some are saying these last couple of weeks have been...more like 15-20 min waits...and I agree it appears from the baords that lots of people are arriving that last week of Sept. (goes back to staring at calander...) Have fun all!

skellington216

I was going to go the first two weeks of September, but my friends couldn't get time off until the last week of September, first week of October. I hope it isn't packed! But I'm worried it will be because half the restaurant reservations I tried to make were completely booked for the whole trip! Oh well, at least I'll get to do MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival for the first time.

SEPT 23 - OCT 3 POP CENTURY
I'll be wearing my WDWMAGIC.COM OFFICIAL T-SHIRT!

fjm777

5 more here. We are going from Sept 23 - Sept 30. I think the people out here are just more informed than average and know when its the best time to go. If every single one of us went the same week I can't imagine that Disney couldn't absorb us quite easily.

And by the way the forecast so far is 90's every day.

See ya there!!

Jerm

So now we know why the end of this month is going to be so busy. We are all there!!!! I can't wait, when i was there last Dec it was busy but still nice so this should be fine.

Also a good hint to go along with the EMH info is avoid EPCOT on the first weekend of F&W. It will be very busy, locals love this event and fill up EPCOT early on the opening weekend.

J

rhodehogg

Add 8 more to the last week in Sept. We are going Sept 22-30 and are staying at Sports. My 5 yr old says he can't concentrate at school b/c Mickey just keeps poppin in his brain!

disneytopdog

If you are doing EMH, Go for the EMH. Have park hoppers. Do not go to that park for the regular hours. EVERYBODY ELSE DOES TOO, then stays for the EMH. The best idea is to hit the morning EMH, and plan to get out and go somewhere else about an hour or two after the normal hours begin. The crowds get really busy from normal business and EMH. Night times are MUCH WORSE. If you go to EMH nights, go the last hour of regular hours or wait til EMH starts. Go to another park til then. Lots of people use EMH days to stay at one park the whole day. So EMH days can sometimes double the ammount of people in a park for that day during regular hours. Also, nights when there is MNSSHP or MVMCP are REALLY BUSY at MK. Even though people think it will be less crowded because of the shorter hours, many people go there then hop to another park. Plus Special Event tickets open up around 4 or so. That is when guests get there. Plus many of them just use the whole day at MK anyways. So go for EMH, but don't use that park for the normal park hours. It will be VERY busy. EMH nights are VERY DEAD after the first hour or so. Most attractions will be walk-ons. Except Sorin.

Thanks.....I will hang at the non EMH park befor EMH starts at the other park. Can you get into a EMH park after normal hours end (i.e. if the park closes at 8p do you have to be in that park before 8p) or can you mosey in say at 9p?

WDWBro

Sweet! I'll be there at the end of the month. Granted, the lines will be a little longer because it's a weekend, but still.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom