September is sooo slow!!

Manders

Go ahead and add 2 more to the end of Spetmeber guests!! We'll be ther 20th -30th - I can't wait!! We're close enough to departure date now that I'm getting really anxious to go - kind of like that little kid night before Christmas feeling, you know?

disneytopdog

just wondering...do the people from the boards here ever meet as a group someplace in the parks at a certain time and ride rides together?

phillyfan77

My family of 4 will be there also.... Sept 18 to 24th.

We should have some sort of meeting place prearranged so that we can all say Hi! :wave: And maybe a group picture!

raven

My family of 4 will be there also.... Sept 18 to 24th.

We should have some sort of meeting place prearranged so that we can all say Hi! :wave: And maybe a group picture!

I'll be there all next week. Anyone taking advantage of the evening EMH in the parks? We are doing all of them exept Epcot on Friday because we are going to MNSSHP. If everyone plans to then we would all be in the same park and would be easier to get together. What does everyone think? Look for my avitar hanging from my lanyard.

bobbywdw24

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The busiest that any of the parks got was MGM on Monday night when Fantasmic let out and everybody was trying to get in TOT and RRC one last time before heading back to their hotels. I'm still trying to figure out if it was all just a dream but I'm pretty sure it was real. It was actually kind of wierd, there were a fair amount of people at the parks but everyone was just walking around like zombies and not riding anything. I rode Expedition Everest 3 times in 15 minutes. I hope everyone has the same experience that I had.

miles1

Sounds like free dining might not start til after labor day next year.

I hope not! We used it the third week in August for the first time and saved a ton of money, and while the crowds weren't as light as people are describing for September, waits were very reasonable. We're waiting to see what's announced next year before booking at trip.

LCK123

Add 7 more for the last week of September - 13 more days for us... 9/26 - 10/1. It seems like an awful lot of people during this time period! Statistically, isn't this supposed to be one of the slowest weeks of the year? We were there in Dec 05 - the week before Christmas (Dec 12 - 19, I think). It was amazing...no waits on ANYTHING! Soarin twice in a row - 5 minutes to get through the line....test track 5 times in a day, no waits. RNRoll Rollercoaster - 5 minutes tops! It was amazing....but unseasonably cold weather...down into the 40s for MVMCP! YIKES! Disney made a few extra bucks from us buying coats :lol:

Keep the reports coming....I'd like to hear more about the last week of Sept, as it approaches. Thanks all!

goofyfan13

just wondering...do the people from the boards here ever meet as a group someplace in the parks at a certain time and ride rides together?

Yea, there are official and unofficial meets that pop up every now and then. I've been wanting to do one for a while, its just school always tends to hit me with a tone of studying/homework at the perfect time...

Keep your eyes open though, I'm sure one will pop up again sooner or later.

Teenchy

Just got back from WDW, we were there from 9/7-9/11. It was sort of a "working" vacation as we were there planning our wedding. But we did have time to visit the MK,MGM & AK. (Cant believe we missed Epcot, first time ever but we didnt have time)
I can report though that the parks were pretty slow, but pretty typical for September. We have been this same time of year several times for the NOJ concerts. I will tell you that you get spolied not having to wait in lines.
We went to AK Sunday morning and rode Everest for the first time, we rode it 5 straight times and never waited more than 10 min. And we waited for the front row the last 4 times! And Fantasmic Sun. night had the stands on both ends nearly empty.
Good luck everyone going at the end of September.

Foladar

Thanks.....I will hang at the non EMH park befor EMH starts at the other park. Can you get into a EMH park after normal hours end (i.e. if the park closes at 8p do you have to be in that park before 8p) or can you mosey in say at 9p?
I'm curious about this too, anyone? Thanks!:sohappy:

meryll83

Sounds like free dining might not start til after labor day next year.

I hope not! We used it the third week in August for the first time and saved a ton of money, and while the crowds weren't as light as people are describing for September, waits were very reasonable. We're waiting to see what's announced next year before booking at trip.

Our UK free dining, which is on sale now is for departures 12th August - 29th September. I don't know if it normally coincides with US free dining though, someone else will have to help out there....

I'm curious about this too, anyone? Thanks!:sohappy:
Couldn't find the original quote asking about entry after EMeveningHs have started.
As far as I'm aware, as long as you have your resort ID at the gate, they let you in.

Jerm

Thanks.....I will hang at the non EMH park befor EMH starts at the other park. Can you get into a EMH park after normal hours end (i.e. if the park closes at 8p do you have to be in that park before 8p) or can you mosey in say at 9p?

You have to get a wrist band most of the time before the event happens. I have heard in the past guest showing up after EMH has started and were able to get them at the turnstyles but I would not bet on that. Most of the time for EMH they start giving out the bands around 4 or a few hours before the park closes. The best thing to do is hang out in the non-EMH and head over just for the EMH a bit before the park closes, if you want to go.

EMH is a great thing and can be lots of fun...providing the park is not that busy during the day. You think that EMH is only for resort guest, which more then most people in the park are resort guests, so everyone staying wants to be in that park at that time. I think what the tip was is to just stay away from EMH parks altogether. The morning EMH sets up for that park to be more busy then a normal day, and the night EMH draws the crowds to that park during the day. I have done the evening ones where I could throw a stone and not hit anyone, but on the flip side I have seen some of the longest lines during my stay at those. My tip is don't go to the EMH park unless you want a bit of an extra wait during the day.

J

CoffeeJedi

The busiest that any of the parks got was MGM on Monday night when Fantasmic let out and everybody was trying to get in TOT and RRC one last time before heading back to their hotels. I'm still trying to figure out if it was all just a dream but I'm pretty sure it was real. It was actually kind of wierd, there were a fair amount of people at the parks but everyone was just walking around like zombies and not riding anything. I rode Expedition Everest 3 times in 15 minutes. I hope everyone has the same experience that I had.
yeah! i was there on monday too! craziness! so we went and did Star Tours and Muppets (walk ons) after Fantasmic. When we wondered back to Sunset Blvd, both ToT and RnRC were walk-ons. :)

metscool

I went to the world yesterday and last friday, the longest line that I was in was Sorin'. That was because Epcot had EMH. I went into line 615 and didn't go into those two other line area until 700. And then add another 15 minutes and that was until I got on the ride. That is long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom