September-Good choice?

Dennman

Last time we visited WDW was 1997, during the 25th Anniversary. It was Mid-May, between Spring Break and Memorial Day. THIS trip we have chosen mid-September and am wondering what the crowd conditions will be like in comparison. (we thought May was a great choice back then)
Any input? Wondering how important a "touring plan" will be this trip.

bamillerpa

We almost always go in September. I think it's a great time to visit. You have MNSSHP going on and the crowd level is low. We have already been told to keep seated if we wanted to go again on Splash Mountain because the crowds were so low. It's also still very warm but the humidity isn't as bad as it is during the summer so we still enjoy the pools and water parks but it's not quite so bad to tour the parks. On top of that it's value season so you save money. We love going in September!

Upvote 0

LivFreeorDisney

This September it will be our third time going during that month ands our favorite time to go. Like Bamillerpa said its one of the slowest times of the year and the cheapest time of the year. Since we live in New Hampshire the weather during that time has already dropped so it gives us that last summer fix before getting ready for winter.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

I agree, September is great due to the low crowds. It will still be pretty hot (probably).

Keep in mind that due to the low crowds, the park hours are slightly shorter than during busier times of year. For example, this coming September, Magic Kingdom often closes at 7 p.m. on Tuesdays and Fridays. Animal Kingdom closes at 5 p.m. about half the time. Disney's Hollywood Studios closes mostly at 8 p.m. So be ready for that, but it doesn't have to be a bad thing ... with smaller crowds comes less time waiting in line, whoch means you don't need to spend as much time in a park to do everything you want to do.

Upvote 0

draybook

I agree, September is great due to the low crowds. It will still be pretty hot (probably).

Keep in mind that due to the low crowds, the park hours are slightly shorter than during busier times of year. For example, this coming September, Magic Kingdom often closes at 7 p.m. on Tuesdays and Fridays.

True, but also remember that those are hard ticket event nights for Night of Joy and Halloween parties.

Upvote 0

dave&di

In terms of crowds, September is a good month. Just be aware that weather can be an issue: heat or hurricanes.

We only go in Sept, as everyone says, low crowds!!! The weather is hot, but I love that! Although it is hurricane season, I wouldn't let it worry you too much, we went in Sept '08 and '10 and had no hurricane issues. In 2008 we had a wet and windy day when we arrived due to be on the outskirts of a hurricane but that was all.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

Sept. is a great time to go. We are going back this Sept for the first time since 2009. Prior to that we had gone 4 Septembers in a row and loved it. We changed it up the last few years to try Spring time. I just cant wait to see the Boo To You Parade again.

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

We only go in September. I remember several years ago going the week of May 1 and thinking how much more crowded it was....never again. The weather is still hot, crowds are considerably lower, the Halloween decorations are up, and we normally don't encounter much, if any, rain. You really shouldn't need a touring plan...just enjoy! See you there!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom