September Disneymoon PTR

My fiance and I wll be getting married on June 23, 2012 in his hometown of Anderson, IN. Since we are paying for the wedding ourselves we decided to have a delayed honeymoon-I mean DISNEYMOON!!! in September to take advantage of the free dining. I am a total Disney fanatic and the only reason we are not having our wedding at Disney World is because his father will not get on a plane :shrug: Let me introduce ourselves!
I am Concetta-close friends and family call me Cetta-I've been to Disney World about 4-5 times. My mom can't remember how many times we went when I was small. I only remember two trips. My aunt took us to Disney the year after my father died my freshman year of high school and I took my fiance in 2009 but I have never stayed on property because we always stay for free at my aunt's vacation rental. I like to think of myself as a princess :)
My fiance is Aaron. He has only been to Disney World once and is the only person in his family to have ever been there. When I planned our first Disney trip, he didn't really think he would enjoy it. Now he talks about going back to Disney almost as much as I do. He is a big video game fan and absolutely loves dinosaurs! So our trip will consist of a visit to Island of Adventures so we can spend the whole day at Jurassic Park. That is his only request for our Honeymoon.

Here are the details of our Disneymoon so far!
Pop Century Resort Standard Room with King Bed
September 23-September 29 (we will be arriving on our 3 month anniversary)
5 day park hopper pass (our first trip together we didn't have the park hopper and I totally regretted it!)
Free quick service dining was upgraded to the Disney Dining Plan!!!!

I will be calling on March 27th to book our ADR's. These are the places we are hoping for:
Sunday-Dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table to celebrate 3 months of being married. I am hoping for a window seat so we can see Wishes!!
Monday-Dinner at Teppan Edo (we went there on our first trip together and Aaron talks about how good their Filet Mignon was-I even ate all my veggies last time which almost never happens with me)
Tuesday-T-Rex Cafe (we also went here on our last trip-since Aaron loves dinosaurs we gotta go back! we are spending Tuesday at Jurassic Park so it will be a dino-filled day!!)
Wednesday-Breakfast at Tusker House so we can eat with the characters! Aaron loves Goofy and acted like a little kid the first he met him. I am hoping to get a time before the park opens so we can be done for when Animal Kingdom opens
Friday-Dinner at Ohana's (we are going to reserve this meal but if the Beast's castle dining is open by the time we go we are going to switch to that). I think Ohanas will be very yummy and a lot of fun! Also we have never been to the Poly and I want to walk around!

Thank you for reading and more to come! (I'm hoping to figure out how to post photos so you can see some photos of our last trip to the World)

ml123_9

Looks great. You'll love going that time of year. That's the same week we normally go, not too crowded and not too hot. Have fun and welcome to the boards.:wave:

popcenturylover

My fiance and I wll be getting married on June 23, 2012 in his hometown of Anderson, IN. Since we are paying for the wedding ourselves we decided to have a delayed honeymoon-I mean DISNEYMOON!!! in September to take advantage of the free dining. I am a total Disney fanatic and the only reason we are not having our wedding at Disney World is because his father will not get on a plane :shrug: Let me introduce ourselves!
I am Concetta-close friends and family call me Cetta-I've been to Disney World about 4-5 times. My mom can't remember how many times we went when I was small. I only remember two trips. My aunt took us to Disney the year after my father died my freshman year of high school and I took my fiance in 2009 but I have never stayed on property because we always stay for free at my aunt's vacation rental. I like to think of myself as a princess :)
My fiance is Aaron. He has only been to Disney World once and is the only person in his family to have ever been there. When I planned our first Disney trip, he didn't really think he would enjoy it. Now he talks about going back to Disney almost as much as I do. He is a big video game fan and absolutely loves dinosaurs! So our trip will consist of a visit to Island of Adventures so we can spend the whole day at Jurassic Park. That is his only request for our Honeymoon.

5 day park hopper pass (our first trip together we didn't have the park hopper and I totally regretted it!)

I will be calling on March 27th to book our ADR's. These are the places we are hoping for:
Sunday-Dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table to celebrate 3 months of being married. I am hoping for a window seat so we can see Wishes!!
Monday-Dinner at Teppan Edo (we went there on our first trip together and Aaron talks about how good their Filet Mignon was-I even ate all my veggies last time which almost never happens with me)
Tuesday-T-Rex Cafe (we also went here on our last trip-since Aaron loves dinosaurs we gotta go back! we are spending Tuesday at Jurassic Park so it will be a dino-filled day!!)
Wednesday-Breakfast at Tusker House so we can eat with the characters! Aaron loves Goofy and acted like a little kid the first he met him. I am hoping to get a time before the park opens so we can be done for when Animal Kingdom opens
Friday-Dinner at Ohana's (we are going to reserve this meal but if the Beast's castle dining is open by the time we go we are going to switch to that). I think Ohanas will be very yummy and a lot of fun! Also we have never been to the Poly and I want to walk around!

Thank you for reading and more to come! (I'm hoping to figure out how to post photos so you can see some photos of our last trip to the World)

popcenturylover

Congrats! We are staying at the Pop at the same time. Wanted to switch to the AOA but the aren't offering free dining while staying there. Your ADRs look great! :)

rani8600

Congratulation on you engagement. I hope you are having so much fun planning for your wedding and your trip.:sohappy:

We are went down the beginning of Oct last year and the weather was beautiful around that time. You two are going to have a great time :)

Cetta

Original Poster
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Since this morning was our 180 day mark, I booked all our dining and got almost everything I wanted. We are eating at Cinderella's Royal Table our first day in the World to celebrate being married for 3 months!! The only ADR that didn't have the time I wanted was the T-REX Cafe which I was kind of surprised! I wanted to eat around 8ish but they didn't have anything until 9:30 which might be a problem because when Aaron gets hungry he gets cranky. So we are going to have to have a late breakfast, so we have a late lunch, so no one gets cranky. 'Ohana, Tusker House, and Teppan Edo were booked as well at the time and dates we wanted. I am so excited that we got all this taken care of so I can focus on the wedding for now and get back on the Disneymoon planning after we get married on June 23rd. So many wedding things left to do with only like 90 days left to do them. Wish me luck!!!

mickeysshoes

Congrats on the wedding and the disneymoon! Sounds like you have thing in control. Part of the fun of a wedding and a disney vacation is all the planning. So when you feel like its to much to handle just take a step back and take a deep breath. Let it all be fun!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom