Sept or October

tmitch

If you could stay just about any time in September through mid October when do you think would be less crowded? I'm down here now and contemplating the bounce back. Thanks in advance

MorganKelly

September for sure. It will still be hot, but the kids are back in school, so that translates to lower crowds. October is great too, but there's a lot going on --- Food & Wine Festival and Mickey's Halloween Party, which are both highly popular. The park hours are shorter, but that's pretty much the case for either month.

Upvote 0

DisneyDaver

On average, there should be more rain and slightly warmer weather in September. I prefer the October weather. On the other hand, I would expect slightly lower crowds in September if you avoid labor day weekend. Personally, I prefer October in hopes to avoid the rain and also enjoy MNSSHP and the Food and Wine Festival.

Upvote 0

71dsp

We aren't fans of Epcot's F&W Festival, so I'd say Sept (avoiding Labor Day weekend, however), but we found it hot in Oct, so I imagine Sept is going to be hotter. School will have just started, so I'd expect Sept to be less crowded, though.

Upvote 0

smk

First week of October, for sure. We traditionally go end of September, not this year tho :(. However, we avoid F&W on the weekends and love the weather. Hot, but not too hot.

Upvote 0

Dads 2 Boys

I've now gone in both and I will not return in September. The weather is exponentially better in October.

The crowds last week were worse than any other time I've been there (first week of Dec 2x, last full week of Oct and first full week in Feb). We still had an amazing trip but took some creativity to get everything in we wanted.

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

For years when the kids were little we went in Sept. Very low crowds but also hot and humid(but for some reason that does not bother us). I now go in Oct every year for the F&WF and can say that the weather is hit or miss in Oct. Some years are just as hot and humid as Sept. 1 year was cold and rainy the whole week. Last year I had beautiful weather. You can not plan you trip around the weather since there is no way to predict what its going to be. Pick a date that works for you. If you want to enjoy the F&WF and MNSSHP then go Oct. If you are looking for a cheaper less crowded time go Sept. Either way it will be a great trip to WDW!

Upvote 0

Plutos Pal

Just returned from our trip (9/24-9/30). The weather was hot and humid for just about every day. It rained a lot more then the usual afternoon storm. A couple days of torrential down pours. I would hope it is a little better in October. The crowd levels were good. Even with a Holiday weekend.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

The earlier in Sept. the better! Yes, you can get rain but the rain is manageable when the crowds are so low and you can come and go as you please. And no need to avoid Labor Day weekend it's not that busy at all. In fact, the only difference I found was the resort pools are little more full during that weekend and after that the place clears out. I love early Sept., the weather is hot but because you can tour at a more relaxed pace you can spend your afternoons relaxing at your resort in the pool.

Upvote 0

TXDisney

I've never been in October, but I've done the 1st week of the F&W festival the last 2 years in September. I recommend not doing that bc the lines are a lil more crowded for opening weekend. So I'd assume to go a couple weeks after the start of the F&W festival is ideal. It's rainy season, so it's hit or miss regardkess.

Upvote 0

tmitch

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for their responses. We actually dropped our bounce back for pors and did a bounceback for disney cruise instead. I will say we went 9-20 to 9-25 and several cms said they haven't seen it this crowded in awhile and that they thought it was due to free dining.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom