SEGWAY show at Innoventions East

orlpassholder

Original Poster
There is a 20 minute demostration of the Segway HT. The area has two computers setup with a direct link to Segway's website. Plus there is a nice flat screen TV above the floor model with video of the Segway in motion, with people using it in different environments.

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Segway logo

Attachments

• segwaysign.jpg
    segwaysign.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 244

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Close up of the Segway HT tires. They are Michelin's, and yes they are currently working on snow tires.

Attachments

• segwaytires.jpg
    segwaytires.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 232

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Complete with a cheesy future backdrop...LoL

Actually the backdrop I noticed had some MAJOR pixels showing. I would imagine this was on purpose but I didnt care for it.

orlpassholder

Original Poster
There is no consumer price known at this time. But if testing goes well there is a strong chace you will see them next year. They said if you want to stay ontop of all Segway news. goto www.segway.com and register for the email updates

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Yep IT can handle a 4 inch rise, and also can carry a 250 person 75 pounds of cargo on the sides, and also has an attachment of a cart that you can pull behind you that can carry 300 pounds

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Suggested Asking Price for the Segway is said to be about 3-4grand..Yikes... I seen one up for auction at amazon going for like $100,000 a few weeks ago.

DCA Fan

We'll be getting the same thing at Disneyland.
I got lucky, I met Dean Kamen (inventor of Segway) and talked to him about the machine. unfortunately, he didn't let me ride. :(

orlpassholder

Original Poster
DCA cool man. Congradts on meeting DEAN he is the man. Sucks you didnt get to rid it (no pun inteneded) I am still wanting to ride one so bad

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom