Seems like there is more building appearances during illuminations

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
It seems like they keep on lighting up the buildings more and more during illuminations. I know before 2009 they didn't' light up at that explosion of music and lasers after the klydescope scene where it builds up. The part before We Go On they light up to along with the show lights making them colorful. Is that all being added in slowly or am I just noticing it after seeing it like 100 times.

EPCOT Explorer

It seems like they keep on lighting up the buildings more and more during illuminations. I know before 2009 they didn't' light up at that explosion of music and lasers after the klydescope scene where it builds up. The part before We Go On they light up to along with the show lights making them colorful. Is that all being added in slowly or am I just noticing it after seeing it like 100 times.

The latter. I don't think the lighting schemes have changed for RoE since it's inception in 1999.

However, in previous versions, there was MUCH more Pavilion lighting. Most notably in Illumi88, with it's "Pavilion Chase".

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
ROEs pavilion lighting has been the same for the past 11 years. Some shows certain parts won`t work for tech issues, or the whole lot will stay dark (seen only once - ugh!)

The pavilion have 3 levels of lighting - edge lights, floodlighting and strobes. Each are used by their selves or in groups in different parts of the show, but again sometimes they don`t work, or they stay static when they should chase, that kind of thing.

Rob562

ROEs pavilion lighting has been the same for the past 11 years. Some shows certain parts won`t work for tech issues, or the whole lot will stay dark (seen only once - ugh!)

The pavilion have 3 levels of lighting - edge lights, floodlighting and strobes. Each are used by their selves or in groups in different parts of the show, but again sometimes they don`t work, or they stay static when they should chase, that kind of thing.

I remember the performance where the timecode on Canada's sub-processor must've gotten off, because it was a full minute or more behind the rest of the show. The edge lighting randomly came on after the other pavilions had gone dark, there was a point during Celebration that it was over there by itself with its strobes going off... It was actually kind of comical to watch.

Of course, in that same show I think the area lighting control was on the same lagtime (at least where we were in Norway) because the area lights didn't "blow out" at the start, but went off about a minute into Chaos, and then stayed dark for about a minute after the show had ended. Oops.

-Rob

EPCOT Explorer

I remember the performance where the timecode on Canada's sub-processor must've gotten off, because it was a full minute or more behind the rest of the show. The edge lighting randomly came on after the other pavilions had gone dark, there was a point during Celebration that it was over there by itself with its strobes going off... It was actually kind of comical to watch.

Of course, in that same show I think the area lighting control was on the same lagtime (at least where we were in Norway) because the area lights didn't "blow out" at the start, but went off about a minute into Chaos, and then stayed dark for about a minute after the show had ended. Oops.

-Rob

Pardon my ignorance, but this is really fascinating...:lol: How do lag times like that actually develop?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Pardon my ignorance, but this is really fascinating...:lol: How do lag times like that actually develop?
It sounds more like timecode was lost for a period of time and couldn`t be re established; the pavilion carried on its program but from where it had left off once it either rebooted or did indeed pick up timecode again but failed to adjust accordingly.

I bet that was crazy to see, Rob? Worse than my (wet) night in 2008 when all pavilion effects on all pavilions failed....

EPCOT Explorer

It sounds more like timecode was lost for a period of time and couldn`t be re established; the pavilion carried on its program but from where it had left off once it either rebooted or did indeed pick up timecode again but failed to adjust accordingly.

I bet that was crazy to see, Rob? Worse than my (wet) night in 2008 when all pavilion effects on all pavilions failed....
So weird. I'm thankful never to have seen it.

I wish they would go back to the blue/pink wash of color like they had in 2000.

They still have blue, especially on AA. Noticed it in Dec.

Rob562

You know, after all my viewings of it (I try for at least 3 times every trip), I haven't seen too many major failures in RoE. Little things here and there, yes, but but not glaringly obvious things.

The timecode was one of them. I have video from the next day where they were testing out the systems in Canada, and the pavilion strobes in Canada were going off in the middle of the afternoon.

Last June we saw a completely dark Earth Globe. You could barely see it spinning in the darkness. The only things that were working on it were the PAR cans inside in their appropriate places, and the torch. (I think even then the torch had one of its starter malfunctions and it didn't light until the pyro went off) Earlier that week we had the deluge from The Living Seas film pour down on us right at the end of Chaos that made up run for cover. My roommate never did get to see a close-to-complete RoE.

There were also the Earth Globe engine troubles that I talked about a couple months ago, where I was expecting either a show stop or a major pyro inhibit because the Globe wasn't going to make it to its dock in time, even with a tech boat going out to help. (I think they still ended up completing their docking procedures while pyro was going off around them...) I posted a video clip of that one.

-Rob

EPCOT Explorer

You know, after all my viewings of it (I try for at least 3 times every trip), I haven't seen too many major failures in RoE. Little things here and there, yes, but but not glaringly obvious things.

The timecode was one of them. I have video from the next day where they were testing out the systems in Canada, and the pavilion strobes in Canada were going off in the middle of the afternoon.

Last June we saw a completely dark Earth Globe. You could barely see it spinning in the darkness. The only things that were working on it were the PAR cans inside in their appropriate places, and the torch. (I think even then the torch had one of its starter malfunctions and it didn't light until the pyro went off) Earlier that week we had the deluge from The Living Seas film pour down on us right at the end of Chaos that made up run for cover. My roommate never did get to see a close-to-complete RoE.

There were also the Earth Globe engine troubles that I talked about a couple months ago, where I was expecting either a show stop or a major pyro inhibit because the Globe wasn't going to make it to its dock in time, even with a tech boat going out to help. (I think they still ended up completing their docking procedures while pyro was going off around them...) I posted a video clip of that one.

-Rob
That happened ALL the time before the Earth Barge Refurb...It's been pretty good about it, lately.

When did this happen?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Might of been a tecnical difficulty. I thought the celebration part was new :veryconfu. I think the show would run much more smoothly is they had a few people at switchboard instead of the computers controlling everything controlling all the lighting actions including the inferno barge and anything that are heavily choreographed like the lasers and fireworks... easy to fix if something goes wrong with the timing, and make sure you know your Que. I remember when the torch didn't light and no fireworks came out. It was one of the smoothest running nights I have ever seen and that just blew it LOL.

MythBuster

I wish they would go back to the blue/pink wash of color like they had in 2000.

The wash light colors are still the same blue/dark pink(purple), the only that was changed were the gels, colors are the same, instead of just using a thin plastic gel, now they are using a dichro glass gel.

MythBuster

Time code is just used to start the show, once the show starts it can lose timecode to everything and still run fine. Each pavilion, barge, and globe has its own internal computer with the program already loaded on it. So when it receives time code the program starts running and continues until the end of the program.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom