Seeking your input

Batphobic

Original Poster
What is the best restaurant with these parameters:

1. At resorts or downtown Disney (not in the parks)
  2. Not a character meal
  3. Would be fine for young children
  4. Lunch or dinner
I'd he interested in hearing a sentence or so on why, too.

Thanks!

Sweet Melissa

I would say Sanaa. The service is great, the cuisine is interesting, the execution of said cuisine is signature-worthy, and the kids get a kick out of the big windows with the view of the animals on the savanna.

totaldisneygirl

Rainforest Cafe at DTD might be nice! It's nicely themed and enjoyable for young children and it's not too pricey. I would also recommend California Grill - especially during wishes which would entertain the children! The food is great and if you stick to the appetizer/sushi portions it's really not that pricey!

Batphobic

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! The only one on this list that we haven't tried yet is TRex so I just booked an ADR for it! I've heard the food isn't anything to write home about but we're not picky and the atmosphere looks amazing. Thanks!

crispy

Whispering Canyon is the first thing that comes to find. It's a fun atmosphere for kids with good food. I am also a huge fan of the Grand Floridian Café for the food, but it might not be as fun for kids.

Dafid Duck

O'Hana at dinner has wonderful food, coconut races, ukelele entertainers and a view of the fireworks. Unfortunately, the Polynesian has construction going on. It's still quite popular and in high demand.

75disney

My kids love O'hana. They love the food, but you can get them a hot dog or chicken fingers if you ask (we did that when the girls were younger and less willing to try different foods). For dessert, my girls are always given a sundae with Mickey sprinkles and whipped cream instead of the bread pudding (which means more for me) and we never have had to ask for it. Plus the entertainment during dinner (ukelele player, limbo contests, coconut rolling contests, hula hoop contests) really keeps the kids amused. Great restaurant and just a relaxing boat ride away from the MK.

Thanks everyone! The only one on this list that we haven't tried yet is TRex so I just booked an ADR for it! I've heard the food isn't anything to write home about but we're not picky and the atmosphere looks amazing. Thanks!
Good call and the food isn't really that bad (much better than Rainforest).

Figaro928

Whispering Caynon Cafe meets all the criteria if you want to cater more towards entertainment for the kids vs food. Its decent BBQ, nothing more. If the actual meal ranks higher then Raglan Road. While the entertainment is great - we thought the food was the best meal we had during our stay.

slappy magoo

I forget if children like ice cream for dessert. If so, you might want to check out Beaches and Cream. It has the vibe of a beachside burger joint, but those burgers are very tasty and the ice cream... (imagine me pinching my thumb and forefingers to my lips and kissing them).

NiarrNDisney

Kid friendly can be found just about anywhere around the WDW property! However if you are looking for a place that serves Lunch & Dinner as well as an entertaining/attention grabbing atmosphere and fun for the whole family I would suggest:

Fountain (Dolphin) - What kid doesn't like the opportunity to dine in a diner/soda shop? Though the food is burger and fries fare the portions are huge and the food is quality and delicious!

Rainforest Cafe (DTD) - I prefer the location in the Market Place because there are great views of the lake should you sit outside, the inside is filled to resemble the namesake and the Volcano explosion is pretty awe inspiring plus the food is good

Sanaa (AKL-KV) - which sits eye level with the savannah for viewing animals plus the food is spectacular

Trail's End (FW) - During lunch they do not offer the buffet option but they do offer a great Home cooked/Southern style menu the whole family is sure to enjoy. The dinner buffet is a popular well known secret since its one of the best deal on property especially when feeding a large family or group! Once again the options are Southern home stlye fare and I have been told the fried chicken is famous!

T-Rex (DTD) - Dinning among Dinosaurs, giant sea life, and other animatronic scenes is fun but the food isn't bad either

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom