Seeking advice!

CTjayhawker

Original Poster
Greetings, All!
On Monday I embark on what will be my (and my wife's) third visit to WDW, my eight-year old's second, and my three-year old's very first. :sohappy:
My question is this: what's your advice? Regarding any and all things WDW, secrets, tips, places to go, whatever. I bow to the wisdom of the Seasoned Disney Veterans out there.

Chuck

WDWmazprty

Greetings, All!
On Monday I embark on what will be my (and my wife's) third visit to WDW, my eight-year old's second, and my three-year old's very first. :sohappy:
My question is this: what's your advice? Regarding any and all things WDW, secrets, tips, places to go, whatever. I bow to the wisdom of the Seasoned Disney Veterans out there.

Chuck

Well, what's the details of your trip? How long you staying, where? DDP? All 4 parks? etc.etc. :wave:

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Greetings, All!

Chuck

Do the campfire with chip n dale :sohappy:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Arriving Monday late, so no parks. Tue=MK, Wed=HS, THurs=AK. Leaving Friday.
Staying in POR.

Well, Tuesday is not an EMH day at MK, so you can get there early without the day starting too early for the 3 year-old, if you know what I mean. Crowds shouldn't be too bad right now. You may want to rent a stroller depending on what you think the stamina of both kids would be. If you really want to start things off with a bang, you could look into a reservation at Cinderella's Royal Table. Other than that, take your time going through each land because it will be a lot for the first-timer.

P.S. You might want to look into getting a wake-up call in your room from one of the characters. Your kids might like that....

Susan Savia

We believe in being at the gate for rope drop, using fast passes when necessary and enjoying at least one character dining experience. Decide what park to go to the night before and pick up a park guide on the way in each morning. We never leave the parks during the day to return to our room as it takes up valuable park time. Have a wonderful trip.

JiminyandTink

Arriving Monday late, so no parks. Tue=MK, Wed=HS, THurs=AK. Leaving Friday.
Staying in POR.

I thinks it's safe to say your eight year old will enjoy most attractions, as for the three year old , here are some suggestions:

Tue - MK - take your kids to see the Country Bear Jamboree (not the best attraction for adults but perfect for a three year old) and then swing by and enjoy some Dole whips together

Wed - HS - take the kids to see playhouse disney and the over to the animation courtyard character meet and greet

Thurs - AK - make sure to go on the kilimanjaro safari tour and also stake out a good spot for the jungle parade

Have a great time!

cowanfamily

I took my three year old back in July. AK can be done in half a day regardless of the age this time of year. 3 year old was scared by T2BaBug. Safari was a huge hit. As well as TRiSpin.
The same goes for HS and EPCOT. The 3 yr old will be better served at MK.

Microcell

We started our DS off on the wrong foot when he was three by doing Buzz first thing. He really loved Its A Small World alot and it is well lit so I suggest warming up to the dark rides by doing well lit ones, like that and Dumbo!

Have fun! :wave:

GOT2SAMMIES

Tips

First at MK- if they have it scheduled really try to do wishes and spectromagic, DO NOT DO Stitch but do monsters inc! Your 3 year old will love it! If your kids are not interested in autographs, don;t make them. This time of year the lines are bad but sometimes just walking past them and waiving is good enough.
AK- DO the Nemo or the Lion King show. Your 3 year old will LOVE it. Great Music and great costumes! Plus if you time it right if you get out the Lion King show camp minnie mickey might have some characters! Dinosaur MIGHT scare him and plus he might not be tall enough.

My son started pin trading when he was 4. He got a kick out of trading with the CM. NOw though we just buy the pins we like and add them to our collection.
Have you thought about the penny machines? We STILL do those! I have about 2 Disney penny books filled! BUT it's a cheap souvey and we have a great time trying to "find" the penny machines!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom