Seeing fireworks from your car

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
On a couple of occasions when driving to the Contemporary from Downtown Disney, my family & I were able to see Illuminations. Anyway has anyone been able to see fireworks shows while driving around WDW?

yeti

one time i could see wishes faintly in the distance while i was at epcot, i also see wishes when im driving to the transportation & ticket center and when im in the monorail

brkgnews

Should be able to see illuminations and the final pyro volley of fantasmic from Victory Way and the road that goes by the nearby RCIDFD. You can also see Wishes from the parking lot of EPCOT if you're close enough to EPCOT (far far away from the highway, closest to the physical "walk through the turnstiles" entrance to the park). This lets your line of sight clear the trees.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I've seen Wishes and Illuminations from north facing 2nd floor hotel rooms on 192.

But they looked really small.:lol:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I've seen Illuminations Peace on Earth finales from Beuna Vista drive heafing toward Coronado from DtD. It's a little surreal as it look like it's right infront of you as you come around the corner behind Epcot.

loribeth

I was driving home one night from Magic Kingdom and I could see the fireworks in my rearview mirror. I can also hear the fireworks every night at home.

Barndog

I just finished watching Wishes from my bedroom window. I can also see them from my front porch (one of the benefits of living just north of the MK).

And yes, on occasion I've synchronized the Wishes soundtrack to match the explosions. :)

surfsupdon

Great topic!

I swear on Dec 26, 2003 (my 21st birthday) we were driving from NJ to Disney and just as my sister screamed "There's the sign!" in reference to the main WDW entrance sign, the finale of bright white fireworks from Illuminations burst over the entry sign as we pulled into the World. Nothing has ever been timed more perfect, and it is something my entire family will not soon forget. Just so unexpected, yet so perfect.:xmas:

CatLady

You can see the higher pyro bursts from Wishes when you are driving down the 528 (Bee Line/Beach Line) toward I-4. I was baffled for about a year about what fireworks I would see on that stretch some evenings, but Google Maps shows that if the Bee Line was extended, it would go straight to MK!

I hear Epcot's fireworks every night from my house near SeaWorld. They were extra-LOUD last night and the night before.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
We`ve watched Fantasmic!s finale from Fantasia Gardens Mini Golf by the Swan and Dolphin; being this far away its surprising how high the pyro goes!

Stormy Horizons

Once last year I was able to see the Pleasure Island Fireworks from my car....I'd just gotten back from a buddy's house in Orlando, and the traffic around DTD was hectic. So I was able to watch the fireworks for quite a while.

BwanaBob

Barndog said:
I just finished watching Wishes from my bedroom window. I can also see them from my front porch (one of the benefits of living just north of the MK).

And yes, on occasion I've synchronized the Wishes soundtrack to match the explosions. :)
...and to think I was one alone on this...

:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom