Security splitting up families / groups at entrances

Chi84

Premium Member
I'm suggesting you do what you think it right regardless of what a cheap rent-a-cop says. If they told you to leave your 4 year old to wait in a dark alley by them self while you went to the bathroom would you happily do it? Just because someone tells you to do something doesn't mean you have to or even should listen to them.
As far as I know, we're just talking about following a directive that people with mobility devices and strollers get in one line and those without get into a longer but faster moving line. Speeds things up.

I don't think anyone here is arguing that people should follow unreasonable or unsafe directives, nor has there been even a hint of a suggestion that any of the security personnel would not accommodate an observably reasonable action by a guest (like entering the same line as a child or elderly parent) even without a request to do so.

But of course your advice is sound and time-tested. My mother had her own version of it: "If someone told you to jump off a cliff, would you do it?"

TrainsOfDisney

Original Poster
I think if you would have POLITELY said to the security person “I’m with my elderly mother and she would really feel more comfortable if we stayed together”, I would be shocked if they didn’t acquiesce
I did politely say “I’d like to stay with her” and was told no. I didn’t have any need or desire to further argue with a CM - but I was annoyed enough by such a policy to start this thread.

Chi84

Premium Member
I did politely say “I’d like to stay with her” and was told no. I didn’t have any need or desire to further argue with a CM - but I was annoyed enough by such a policy to start this thread.
I still believe that if someone had an observable need to stay together - as would be the case with a child or an elderly parent - there would be no issue. If you have no reason, then just follow the rules. Everyone else does and it makes for a more efficient, orderly process. Unless the issue is not liking to be told what to do by security. Then that's going to continue to be a problem.

TrainsOfDisney

Original Poster
Unless the issue is not liking to be told what to do by security. Then that's going to continue to be a problem.
You’ve made it clear that you don’t understand my desire to stay with my family member when traveling through security. There’s no need to act like I have an issue with security. I’ve gone through the security lines at Disneyland just as much and never had an issue even when they had the metal detectors turned up super sensitive.

This is a policy that I do not agree with. You agree with it because if you get in to the park 30 seconds sooner because Disney forces groups to split up then it’s worth it for you.

Jrb1979

You’ve made it clear that you don’t understand my desire to stay with my family member when traveling through security. There’s no need to act like I have an issue with security. I’ve gone through the security lines at Disneyland just as much and never had an issue even when they had the metal detectors turned up super sensitive.

This is a policy that I do not agree with. You agree with it because if you get in to the park 30 seconds sooner because Disney forces groups to split up then it’s worth it for you.
I agree with the policy. Then again I don't pack my entire house in a backpack to go to the parks.

Chi84

Premium Member

Well no large operation can be set up according to each individual’s preferences. Sorry this one doesn’t work well for you but other than this thread it doesn’t seem to be a problem.

There are things Disney does that I don’t like, like the waiting time before refills (I frequently get a dispenser that doesn’t work and then have to wait)- sometimes you just have to do your best to adjust. Hope this isn’t such a big issue that it affects your enjoyment of the parks.

Smiley/OCD

I'm suggesting you do what you think it right regardless of what a cheap rent-a-cop says. If they told you to leave your 4 year old to wait in a dark alley by them self while you went to the bathroom would you happily do it? Just because someone tells you to do something doesn't mean you have to or even should listen to them.
You must be a LOT of fun drinking around the world at Epcot…

plutofan15

30 seconds times several hundred or thousands of people per day adds up to a lot of saved time and is much more efficient. Your derogatory comments towards Disney security officers shows that you have issues with security.

Last edited:

Ayla

I agree with the policy. Then again I don't pack my entire house in a backpack to go to the parks.
Even if you did, no one is checking bags, anymore. Unless the detector you walk through goes off, no one is looking at what is in bags.

Tori

Lets really get controversial here… umbrellas should not be allowed in parks… was there this summer during rainy season & felt like we were dodging them all day long nearly get our eyes poked out bc people using them pretty much either are unaware or just dont care about others…
With that logic we should ban strollers and wheelchairs too.

I use an umbrella and I’ve never poked anyone.

BobPar

With that logic we should ban strollers and wheelchairs too.

I use an umbrella and I’ve never poked anyone.
You are actually comparing strollers and wheelchairs which are literally a necessity to an umbrella? Interesting take but hey. You do you

JMcMahonEsq

Yeah but no one in security, or in the line behind you that you are holding up really cares what you want. You are not special. You are not a unique snowflake deserving of special consideration or a card that’s says rules don’t apply to me.

If there is some legitimate Health or safety issue that would require you not be separated, sure bring that up by all means. They would have almost certainly taken such a health and safety concern into account. You just being annoying bc you don’t want to follow the rules that every guest has to follow deserves no such accommodation. Disney has to deal with too many people coming through security/entrances everyday to not have a standard procedure to follow.

I have seen multiple CM’s work to make things easier/better/magical for people who need special consideration and they should be applauded for it. I would also applaud them shutting down “Karens” of any gender that don’t like to follow simple instructions bc they don’t “like it.”

Chi84

Premium Member
Yeah but no one in security, or in the line behind you that you are holding up really cares what you want. You are not special. You are not a unique snowflake deserving of special consideration or a card that’s says rules don’t apply to me.

If there is some legitimate Health or safety issue that would require you not be separated, sure bring that up by all means. They would have almost certainly taken such a health and safety concern into account. You just being annoying bc you don’t want to follow the rules that every guest has to follow deserves no such accommodation. Disney has to deal with too many people coming through security/entrances everyday to not have a standard procedure to follow.

I have seen multiple CM’s work to make things easier/better/magical for people who need special consideration and they should be applauded for it. I would also applaud them shutting down “Karens” of any gender that don’t like to follow simple instructions bc they don’t “like it.”
As far as I can tell, OP is following the rules and doesn't expect the rules to change for him. So apparently, this thread is for the sole purpose of complaining. But it's been going on for almost three years now so maybe its purpose has been achieved?

TrainsOfDisney

Original Poster
As far as I can tell, OP is following the rules and doesn't expect the rules to change for him. So apparently, this thread is for the sole purpose of complaining. But it's been going on for almost three years now so maybe its purpose has been achieved?
Many threads exist to complain…. Effects watch of Everest for example.

I don’t want rules to change for me, the new procedure doesn’t split anyone in my group up anyways. I do want the entry and arrival experience to be the best possible for all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom