Security Check points at Disney Springs.

mm52200

The scanners at MK are as you enter the park, not at the boat docks, monorail. They just have them at one central spot.
Mmmm no. They have them at each resort launch(the center one for poly/G fla and the new dock for wilderness lodge and fort), the contemp walkway has its own, one at each resort monorail stop, the MK buses, and over at the TTC before boarding the ferry and monorail.

peter11435

The scanners at MK are as you enter the park, not at the boat docks, monorail. They just have them at one central spot.
That hasn’t been the case for a couple years now. The scanners are at the TTC, GF/Poly boat dock, WL/FW boat dock, contemporary walkway, between the park and the bus stops, and each of the resort Monorial stations. So MK now has security screening spread out over 8 seperate locations.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
That hasn’t been the case for a couple years now. The scanners are at the TTC, GF/Poly boat dock, WL/FW boat dock, contemporary walkway, between the park and the bus stops, and each of the resort Monorial stations. So MK now has security screening spread out over 8 seperate locations.
I wasn't aware of that. When I was there in February everyone from the boats and the monorails came through the same check point at MK. So why leave one entrance at DS open?

Edit: I just realized I am thinking backwards. We were screened as you said, it was when we would leave to smoke we would go in and out through what was probably the bus one.

peter11435

I wasn't aware of that. When I was there in February everyone from the boats and the monorails came through the same check point at MK. So why leave one entrance at DS open?
Unless you’re referring to February of 2017 then you are mistaken. Security for guests boarding the monorail was moved to the TTC and resort platforms in 2017. Guests exiting from the monorail are not checked on the Mk side and there are separate check points for guests coming from buses and two checkpoints for guests coming from watercraft.

TrojanUSC

Indeed. Removing the security checkpoints would be a bad look.

Just can't imagine they'd want the PR hit for reducing security. Also can't imagine being the executive who makes the call about removing them and then something happens.

I do, however, think the current setup in the garages is a confusing nightmare and takes up far too much space. Hopefully they'll find a better way to implement this once temp checks go away (bottom of escalators/elevator maybe?)

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Unless you’re referring to February of 2017 then you are mistaken. Security for guests boarding the monorail was moved to the TTC and resort platforms in 2017. Guests exiting from the monorail are not checked on the Mk side and there are separate check points for guests coming from buses and two checkpoints for guests coming from watercraft.
Yep I changed my post but you quoted me too quick :D Your thoughts on faking it at DS?

Meeko77

Does anyone know if the scanners are still located in the Orange Garage at the side closest to Planet Hollywood? I know they were several months ago but didn't know if they had possibly reopened the other side which is closer to Splitsville. The last time we went we parked closer to Splitsville and had a super long walk (good exercise - tried to look at the benefit!), but we were under a time crunch. Want to plan better this time! :) Thanks!

castlecake2.0

Does anyone know if the scanners are still located in the Orange Garage at the side closest to Planet Hollywood? I know they were several months ago but didn't know if they had possibly reopened the other side which is closer to Splitsville. The last time we went we parked closer to Splitsville and had a super long walk (good exercise - tried to look at the benefit!), but we were under a time crunch. Want to plan better this time! :) Thanks!
They have not moved. The splitsville side is only an exit now

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom