Security Check points at Disney Springs.

Naplesgolfer

Original Poster
I hope the security check points at DS go away now that the temperature checks are soon to be a thing of the past. I can't see Disney wanting to pay for them. Do most of you think these will go away or will Disney keep them around long term?

Naplesgolfer

Original Poster
What about security checks was in any way related to covid?
Well, when they put in Temperature checkpoints a the entrances to Disney springs they IMHO knee jerk added security check points as well. They have never had these at any of the iterations of Disney's outdoor shopping/dinning area in the past.

DisneyJoe

I thought there were no security checkpoints prior to COVID.
Disneyland begin security checkpoints at Downtown Disney in late 2016, and many began wanting them implemented in WDW Disney Springs in January 2020 and even before due to numerous security incidents.

disneygeek90

I thought there were no security checkpoints prior to COVID.
There weren't, but that doesn't mean covid caused security. I would think other issues in the country might be the reason they may turn to security in Springs, a highly dense area.

I think once they had everyone filtering through one area, they decided to add. Especially with the new tech that made it much faster and didn't require digging through bags. Once temp checks are gone it'll be interesting to see what they do. On a busy evening the lines get quite a bit backed up but I don't think they'll pull security off just because temp checks are gone. I could see them just adding a detector in all garage exit points.

Naplesgolfer

Original Poster
There weren't, but that doesn't mean covid caused security. I would think other issues in the country might be the reason they may turn to security in Springs, a highly dense area.

I think once they had everyone filtering through one area, they decided to add. Especially with the new tech that made it much faster and didn't require digging through bags. Once temp checks are gone it'll be interesting to see what they do. On a busy evening the lines get quite a bit backed up but I don't think they'll pull security off just because temp checks are gone. I could see them just adding a detector in all garage exit points.
They are losing a large portion of the Lime Garage level 2 for this , plus the 2nd floor ramp into garage being closed that causes a back up out on Buena Vista Drive. This is less than Ideal long term. Also the people walking in from Saratoga that cause another expense. It will interesting to see what they do. I vote for no checkpoints!

disneygeek90

They are losing a large portion of the Lime Garage level 2 for this , plus the 2nd floor ramp into garage being closed that causes a back up out on Buena Vista Drive. This is less than Ideal long term. Also the people walking in from Saratoga that cause another expense. It will interesting to see what they do. I vote for no checkpoints!
Unfortunately, I don't see taking away security at this point as a viable outcome. Most of all the backup and space blocked in the garages is due to the distancing and temp check lines. In a non covid restriction world, it would actually be pretty swift process to just walk straight through the detectors. That's the point of them, they don't actually create lines if people know to not stop.

Naplesgolfer

Original Poster
Unfortunately, I don't see taking away security at this point as a viable outcome. Most of all the backup and space blocked in the garages is due to the distancing and temp check lines. In a non covid restriction world, it would actually be pretty swift process to just walk straight through the detectors. That's the point of them, they don't actually create lines if people know to not stop.
I just think if they where wanting to do Security checkpoints in 2019/20 they would have integrated the security seamlessly in these new very expensive garages. This feels more knee jerk to me.That is why I think we still have a chance of this going away. But who knows! I was hoping for some insider knowledge.

Obobru

They have never had these at any of the iterations of Disney's outdoor shopping/dinning area in the past.
Disney World was the exception as Anaheim and Paris has had security for some time in their areas. I imagine it will never be going away now as it's now the same as the other parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom