Security at the resorts

Kamikaze

"people bring guns to Disney every day'" I am curious as to what you are refering too. WDW policy is that a firearm must be locked in the vehicle or checked with security prior to entering the park. Firearms are not allowed in the resort hotels either and must be secured at the desk not stored in the room safe. Shades of Green also has their own policy.

And this is why the 'security' at places like WDW, arenas, etc works. If people see something, they think it actually helps/happens.

lazyboy97o

I'm not worried about law abiding citizen's legally carrying firearms, rather those evil people who tend to ignore laws and are looking to harm.
If those who unintentionally leave a gun in a bag can get through, then why not those who would try?

daisyduckie

I'll agree about the consistency. Different case, but still applies to a point. When I went through the MK security point to get to the monorail, we walked right past the metal detector. Next time we went through, everyone was diverted to the metal detectors. I didn't have any bags but it felt like I was breaking the rules by quite literally skipping security. The same happened at Epcot and HWS as well. These were not at peak times either. Oh and one time my friend got pulled while we were walking past security and was made to go through the metal detectors.

Obviously this made security a breeze but not even having anyone saying walk this way (around the metal detectors) confused me.

Tl;dr: The security is nice and fast but they need consistency.

Consistency is the last thing they need. Being inconsistent makes it harder for anyone up to no good to know what they will run into as far as security goes. If they do the same thing every time, it is much easier to beat the system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom