Security at the Park Entrance

StarWarsGirl

Hello All,

First, Thank all of you for your responses.

Second, I didn't mean to start a brouhaha, I am not a terrorist, just a guy who wants to enter the parks without a hassle.

For the record sometimes the joint replacements do cause an issue at a metal detector sometimes they don't. The RPG fragments in my body do however, every single time.

Z.
You are the evil Emperor Zurg, though..
🧐
😆

JIMINYCR

Personally, I really don't think it's that out of line to suggest that this information could be used by people other than those planning their WDW vacation. This thread is already coming up on the Google search for 'Disney World park entrance security.' It's not that paranoid to suggest that someone planning an evil act might come across this thread. This site is accessible by everyone, not just fans.

They might also come across the thread you quoted or any number of threads from this and other sites. Would that make it any better if, God-forbid, something were to happen at WDW and it came out the perpetrator(s) figured out how to thwart security measures online? Would the response really be "oh, well it was posted elsewhere too"?

Speaking broadly, people should exercise caution in sharing information about security practices whether at WDW or anywhere that might be considered a target. That said, I don't run this site and don't pretend to, but if I did, I'd certainly prohibit conversations of this nature for the reasons described above.
Anyone seriously planning an attack at WDW is going to know there is some level of security in place and is going to meticulously research that in various ways and relying on posts on this site carrys very little value. Reading posts on WDWMAGIC isnt going to get them the level of information they are looking for to carry out their plans. The posters on this site have a very minimal knowledge of what Dis has in place protecting the parks and resorts. Posting about how Dis would be screening for metal in a persons body isnt going to have have much value to a terrorist.
I agree as they used to say, loose lips sink ships and terrorists shouldnt get help from anyone, but they would be more likely targeting security personnel, ex- Dis employees or Dis higher ups that are in the know about real security info for finding out real info that would help then succeed.

TrainsOfDisney

Look…. I know I shouldn’t do this because it shows Disney’s weakness - but the best officers were sadly laid off and never returned after Covid. Some would call them the definition of “Security Theatre” but I’ll let you be the judge…

360D6381-A43A-462D-8A8E-742A7F1A7E8D.jpeg

Lilofan

Look…. I know I shouldn’t do this because it shows Disney’s weakness - but the best officers were sadly laid off and never returned after Covid. Some would call them the definition of “Security Theatre” but I’ll let you be the judge…

View attachment 787830
I recall before Security got new costumes they looked like the Good Humor Ice Cream men. Huge mistake to get rid of COH cast at DHS.

JIMINYCR

View attachment 787830
Yeah.... terrorists fear the bananas and donuts. They are huge deterrents.

One of the biggest blunders Dis made was removing the wandering characters that interacted with guests. They were always a highlight to our trips.

Lilofan

Yeah.... terrorists fear the bananas and donuts. They are huge deterrents.

One of the biggest blunders Dis made was removing the wandering characters that interacted with guests. They were always a highlight to our trips.
How the Citizens of Hollywood cast at DHS could perform in the heat dressed to the nines without breaking a visible sweat was amazing.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The info is out there:

Basically, it uses microwaves to image what's inside of your clothing and bags. It uses algorithms to determine if any of the shapes it sees is like a weapon or a banned object. If something looks sus, security sees a red light and you get pulled over for a physical search. As mentioned above, it's always a good idea to hold phones and bags out in front of you so that the system gets a clean scan of them. When they're up against your body, the millimeter waves have trouble seeing through all that and your body all at once.

Getting to the Q of the OP.... your implants *shouldn't* set off the red light unless they look like weapons. The system isn't looking specifically for *metal* but for metallic things that are weapon-shaped. Are your implants knife-shaped?

Dayma

I don’t carry anything metal but always get pulled aside for additional checks because I carry a plastic glasses case in my backpack. What’s that about 🙄

That's a "known issue" with the scanning I was told. Usually we take them out of the bags and hold them in front of us and we are fine.

CAV

Why make it easier for someone wishing to do harm all the while receiving second-hand accounts of what may happen instead of just contacting Disney and receiving an official answer?
So, let me get this straight. The layperson can't discuss security because bad people might overhear but only good people call Disney security so Disney will be happy to discuss it with them?

CAV

Just curious why being security-conscious is so bothersome to you? If you're foolish enough to believe that the only people who might ever visit this site are die-hard fans, well, I've got a bridge to sell you.
I can't laugh loud enough on this one. The only one being foolish is the one thinking "evil doers" are on Disney forums looking for ways to ply their trade.

Brian

So, let me get this straight. The layperson can't discuss security because bad people might overhear but only good people call Disney security so Disney will be happy to discuss it with them?
Do you think they'll provide answers which could be used to undermine security measures? No, they will have training/scripts to provide information vetted by world-class security professionals to provide the maximum amount of information possible to assist the guest while ensuring security measures cannot compromised with said information.

Brian

I can't laugh loud enough on this one. The only one being foolish is the one thinking "evil doers" are on Disney forums looking for ways to ply their trade.
That's a bad faith read on what I said.

They're not frequenting Disney forums. They might be searching for information. By the way, this very thread shows up not too far down on the list of results when searching.

google.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom