Security at the Park Entrance

Brian

🙄
Your first thoughts on the OP 's question.

NO ONE COMMENT OR DISNEY WILL GET BLOWN UP.

My first thought.
How inconvenient for the OP. Must be a nightmare travelling or attending any sort of function nowadays.

Guess I'm just paranoid. /s
You seem to think that one is incapable of not posting every thought that comes into their mind. Certainly I did consider that OP must have trouble with other public venues which require security screening, and can appreciate the struggles that come with shrapnel in one's body, and the likely origin of it. That's why I suggested he contact Disney for an official answer so hopefully he could plan accordingly with authoritative information and avoid delays during his visit.

You also seem to think that this is an argument that I'm interested in continuing despite your hyperbole and condescension. It's not. Good day.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
2Q==.jpg

MickeyLuv'r

Just curious why being security-conscious is so bothersome to you? If you're foolish enough to believe that the only people who might ever visit this site are die-hard fans, well, I've got a bridge to sell you.
It is widely public knowledge that Disney uses Evolv scanners. How to go through them is something everyone should know before they arrive. OP's doctor would be best to ask about any metal implants.

Parkgoers should know to hold metal objects out in front of them as they walk through the scanners, like umbrellas, cell phone chargers/batteries, and metal mint tins like Altoids.

TrainsOfDisney

I don’t feel in danger walking from the parking lot or riding Disney Transportation and I don’t feel safer after I walk through security.

There are parts of the country where you can go to a show and even a theme park without security checks and I’ve never felt in danger there. But it’s part of life when visiting Disney, New York, flying on planes, museums in DC, etc.

It’s no secret that Disney uses Evolv scanners along with traditional metal detector wands in Florida. They also have cameras everywhere including those with facial recognition. If they are tied to your ticket (which we know) it’s likely they are also tied to other lists.

MickeyLuv'r

Disney should just go ahead and post pictures of their security screening areas .

/s
It was already posted four years ago in this thread on the WDWMagic website:

Brian

It was already posted four years ago in this thread on the WDWMagic website:

You are aware this isn't an official TWDC website, right?

MickeyLuv'r

You are aware this isn't an official TWDC website, right?
You are aware I've been posting on this forum for 20 years, right?

I'm not trying to be snarky, really. The general tone on this forum has deteriorated considerably, and I don't want to make it worse.

The above thread is 4 years old, if you object to what was posted in that thread, then the mods are the ones who have the ability to pull it, not me. Perhaps you should appeal to them.

Brian

You are aware I've been posting on this forum for 20 years, right?

I'm not trying to be snarky, really. The general tone on this forum has deteriorated considerably, and I don't want to make it worse.

The above thread is 4 years old, if you object to what was posted in that thread, then the mods are the ones who have the ability to pull it, not me. Perhaps you should appeal to them.
The post you quoted was me sarcastically suggesting that Disney post pictures and information about their security screening procedures online, since the person I was replying to said it's already posted elsewhere, so why not? Of course, in reality, no serious security operation does this because they have a vested interest in keeping this information off the internet to prevent it from being used to plan attacks.

Personally, I really don't think it's that out of line to suggest that this information could be used by people other than those planning their WDW vacation. This thread is already coming up on the Google search for 'Disney World park entrance security.' It's not that paranoid to suggest that someone planning an evil act might come across this thread. This site is accessible by everyone, not just fans.

They might also come across the thread you quoted or any number of threads from this and other sites. Would that make it any better if, God-forbid, something were to happen at WDW and it came out the perpetrator(s) figured out how to thwart security measures online? Would the response really be "oh, well it was posted elsewhere too"?

Speaking broadly, people should exercise caution in sharing information about security practices whether at WDW or anywhere that might be considered a target. That said, I don't run this site and don't pretend to, but if I did, I'd certainly prohibit conversations of this nature for the reasons described above.

Finally, I'll say this: thank God there are a plethora of highly effective measures in place at Disney which can't be described in detail online by people foolish enough to believe the information can't be used by evildoers.

Last edited:

MickeyLuv'r

The post you quoted was me sarcastically suggesting that Disney post pictures and information about their security screening procedures online, since the person I was replying to said it's already posted elsewhere, so why not? Of course, in reality, no serious security operation does this because they have a vested interest in keeping this information off the internet to prevent it from being used to plan attacks.

Personally, I really don't think it's that out of line to suggest that this information could be used by people other than those planning their WDW vacation. This thread is already coming up on the Google search for 'Disney World park entrance security.' It's not that paranoid to suggest that someone planning an evil act might come across this thread. This site is accessible by everyone, not just fans.

They might also come across the thread you quoted or any number of threads from this and other sites. Would that make it any better if, God-forbid, something were to happen at WDW and it came out the perpetrator(s) figured out how to thwart security measures online? Would the response really be "oh, well it was posted elsewhere too"?

Speaking broadly, people should exercise caution in sharing information about security practices whether at WDW or anywhere that might be considered a target. That said, I don't run this site and don't pretend to, but if I did, I'd certainly prohibit conversations of this nature for the reasons described above.

Finally, I'll say this: thank God there are a plethora of highly effective measures in place at Disney which can't be described in detail online by people foolish enough to believe the information can't be used by evildoers.
You already said most of this multiple times in this thread, and I can't help you. If you want the mods to remove the information, then ask them.

If you want this information removed from every other WDW blog, forum, and website that pops up with a 1 second internet search, like the Evolv company's own website, that's going to be a tall order, but quoting me isn't going to accomplish anything. Maybe start by contacting the company that makes the scanners?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbagâ„¢
Premium Member
Why make it easier for someone wishing to do harm all the while receiving second-hand accounts of what may happen instead of just contacting Disney and receiving an official answer?
It’s not like the security checks do much. They’re all security theater.

There’s plenty of ways to sneak stuff into the parks or cause a lot of damage with the current security measures.

Last edited:

zurgandfriend

Original Poster
Hello All,

First, Thank all of you for your responses.

Second, I didn't mean to start a brouhaha, I am not a terrorist, just a guy who wants to enter the parks without a hassle.

For the record sometimes the joint replacements do cause an issue at a metal detector sometimes they don't. The RPG fragments in my body do however, every single time.

Z.

Brian

Second, I didn't mean to start a brouhaha, I am not a terrorist, just a guy who wants to enter the parks without a hassle.
For the record, my comments should not be interpreted to be an accusation of anything like the former. I hope you enjoy your visit.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Hello All,

First, Thank all of you for your responses.

For the record sometimes the joint replacements do cause an issue at a metal detector sometimes they don't. The RPG fragments in my body do however, every single time.

Z.
Hope you manage to enjoy some hassle free vacations . Kudos for the use of Brouhaha 😂

Lilofan

It’s not like the security checks do much. They’re all security theater.

There’s plenty of ways to sneak stuff into the parks or cause a lot of damage with the current security measures.
Security theatre at Disney Springs apparently spooked the guy who changed his mind and went to Pulse instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom