Secrets, tricks, overlooked details

Thirteen1

Original Poster
OK... I'm planning a Disney Honeymoon for June, and I'm trying to make sure it's not a run-to-this-big-ride-then-to-that experience for us. So here's what I'm doing: I've bought my fiancee four small surprise gifts, but I'm not going to just give them to her. She'll get a note that her gifts have been cursed, so, in order to get them, she'll have to complete four tasks in each park - one for each gift. The clues to those tasks will be in a little poem and will include things like finding the talking water fountain, holding the "Singin' in the Rain" umbrella, finding the key under the mat at the Muppets 3d. What are some other little secrets that I can use? Easy things that have a little "magic" to them that most casual visitors might miss?

WDWFREAK53

Magna Doodle in Buzz Lightyear, "Ring" at Haunted Mansion, Geyser at Big Thunder, "Original Colony tree" in Liberty Square, dig in DinoLand, etc...

jimmything7

That is a really cool idea. But I've only been to disney a few times and these secrets are still secrets to me. Could you guys elaborate a little on some of these things because when I go soon I would like to check some of them out. Thanks!

BRER STITCH

Hey THIRTEEN!!! :wave:

Nice idea!!

For pure fun and a nice trip, have Her visit the "LAWN MOWER TREE" at Fort Wilderness.

So few people ever venture over there and it's really a nice place!

Also, on the way back from Fort Wilderness, take her to dinner at Whispering Canyon in the Wilderness Lodge and have her ask for catsup!!!

HAVE FUN!!!!

:sohappy:

Eljay

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
Hey THIRTEEN!!! :wave:

Nice idea!!

For pure fun and a nice trip, have Her visit the "LAWN MOWER TREE" at Fort Wilderness.

So few people ever venture over there and it's really a nice place!

Also, on the way back from Fort Wilderness, take her to dinner at Whispering Canyon in the Wilderness Lodge and have her ask for catsup!!!

HAVE FUN!!!!

:sohappy:

Or breakfast, just make sure she asks!

mom2stitch

Hi I am new here and would really appreciate it if you all could tell us more about these and where to find them.
This is a great idea, very creative. I would like to do something similar with DD to earn spending money for US/IA (which we will visit after WDW). Maybe a dollar a secret or something like that. Anyone have a list of secrets I could use?
Thanks

mickeyfanatics

You can include information from some of the second and third story windows on Main Street and other nostalgic items. For Example: Who run the Seven Summits Expeditions? Where are the Mailboxes on Main Street From? What is the "motto" of the Walt Disney World Railroad? and so on................................

Nansafan

Originally posted by mom2stitch
Hi I am new here and would really appreciate it if you all could tell us more about these and where to find them.
This is a great idea, very creative. I would like to do something similar with DD to earn spending money for US/IA (which we will visit after WDW). Maybe a dollar a secret or something like that. Anyone have a list of secrets I could use?
Thanks

Welcome to the boards mom! There was a thread about a month or two ago that dealt with things like this. It was about "things that the average visitor misses." If you do a search, you should be able to find it. I've got to leave for work right now. I'll check tonight and see if I can find the link for you.

Thirteen1

Original Poster
ok....

Here are some of the things I've been emailed and have dug up on this board and others. I'm just cutting and pasting, so forgive me if some of the grammar or phrasing is awkward:

Even if we don't do anything else in Fantasyland, we make sure to stop by Tinkerbell's Treasures to watch her flit around the shop! Even knowing her path, it often takes 4-5 minutes to find her!

We decided to go to Tom Sawyer Island. On the raft ride over, the CM says (something to this effect): "Aunt Polly asked Tom and Huck to paint a few things on Tom Sawyer Island, but they had other ideas and left they're paint brushes all over the place. If you happen to see one, please pick it up and bring it back to me. I'll give you a prize in exchange for the brush." Well, without really trying, my husband found a paint brush. Ordinarily I would leave it behind for a child to find, but it was my birthday so I kept it. When we turned it in, our prize was a head of the line pass to either Splash or Big Thunder Mountain.

In the area just next to the AFI shop at the Back Lot Tour ride -- while we were waiting to have our picture taken, I wandered into the area nearby which was stacked with wooden crates and, since nothing really is what it seems to be around here ;-), I started to open the crates out of curiosity and was rewarded with various silly sound effects.

Check out the "Singing in the Rain" umbrella that is attached to one of the streetlights near the Hunchback theater. Grab the umbrella and step on the black square embedded in the cement underneath it for a nice surprise!

We thought one of the best things to do in the AK was to go to the bridge where the Kali River Rapids ride ends. There are 2 elephants that people on the bridge can make shoot water by pushing a button. By this time in the ride the riders think they are safe and start taking off their rain gear, but no! We didn't ride the ride, but it was worth it to go over there and spray people!

The meteors in Space Mountain are giant chocolate chip cookies & natural sponges.

The talking water fountains - one between Innoventions west & the Imagination pavilion, near the restrooms, & one to the east of the fountain of nations, near the shop, & one to the right of the magic water fountain (below) - press the buttons!

Near the Journey into Imagination pavilion are two fountains - one that is a reverse fountain (the water flows upwards) & another where the water leaps from pad to pad.

In the UK pavilion, there is a path running down the side of the Rose & Crown pub which leads to a 'secret' garden.

Ask for a list of hidden Mickeys from guest relations.

Just by the Indiana Jones show, there are some crates hidden in the bushes, which are marked 'don't open' - go ahead & open them!

Again, near Indiana Jones is a well with a rope in it, pull the rope for a surprise.

Go into Muppet Vision 3D, at the entrance turnstiles on the right is a ticket window with a notice that says - "Closed - Key under Mat". Look under the mat and you will find the key!

Find the dog nose which is near to the garden hose in the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids playground, put your hand into the dog's nostrils!

The 'Singin' in the rain' umbrella - near to the Backlot Theater (Hunchback show) is an umbrella, hold onto the handle & step onto the black square.

The water fountain behind Cinderella's Castle (next to Tinkerbell's Treasures) Has Cinderella in it holding a bird. If you stand directly in front of Cinderella and curtsey to her, you will see the crown behind her painted onto the wall go onto her head.

Head straight through the Innovations East, and head towards Horizons, you will spot a set of restrooms to the left. You will see a couple of water fountains that there that are said to talk.

Some of the coins in the fountains are permanently affixed to form hidden Mickeys

Talking garbage can… somewhere near cosmic rays… need confirmation on this one. Thank you WDW4ME: I can confirm that the talking trash can does exist. It rolls around tommorowland and talks with guests who are near it.

Look at whose "baggage" you can see at the train station. Up on one of the shelves (CMs can halp you locate it) you can see Aladdin's lamp as well as other characters belongings waiting to be picked up at the train station.

When you go to Sir Mickey's Shop in Fantasyland look at where the roof meets the walls. You will see Willie the Giant from Mickey and the Beanstalk peeking into the shop .

In MgM on the street in the New York neighborhood you can hear gangsters talking and gun shots inside the buildings.

barnebd5

a little known secret that probably everybody has heard about by now is in the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh there is a picture frame on the wall in the ride with a picture of Mr. Toad(former ride occupying that space) handing the deed of the space to Owl who is if you don't know, one of pooh's friends in the 100 Acre Wood

Nansafan

Sooo sorry! Jeez what a dork I am. Just when I'm sure I've got this computer thing figured out, BAM, something like this happens. Thanks to hmppan for helping out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom