Second Trip to Disneyland YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

Magic Maker

Original Poster
I can't believe it!!!!!!!:sohappy:

First, my boyfriend takes me to Disneyland for the first time ever. I never thought it would happen the way it did, but it happened. We even got to eat at CLUB 33!!!!!
Now, it is even more believable. I thought it would be a miracle for me to make it back during the 50th celebration, but two days ago we booked our trip to Disneyland -
WE LEAVE IN NINE DAYS!!!!

I would like your pick for places to eat at Disneyland. We will most likely spend 3-4 days at DL. I would like to know your picks for...

-A nice evening out: The one place I know is Napa Rose, any other suggestions.
- A good place to have a nice lunch, slightly higher than fast food, but not too pricey
- Good fast food places.

Any recomendations for both parks would be welcomed.

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Well, congratulations, your amazing year just keeps getting better! Maybe you should buy that lottery ticket soon!

As for restaurants, there is far less as far as sitdown dining as compared to WDW.
In Disneyland, the one restaurant you should do for dinner is Blue Bayou.
Two others that are nice but more casual are Cafe Orleans and Carnation Cafe.

At DCA, the signature restaurant is the Vinyard Room
Both Wine County Trattoria (next to the Vinyard Room) and Ariels are nice.

You already mentioned Napa Rose (at Grand Californian), an equivalent at the Disneyland Hotel is Ganville's Steak House (similar to Yachtsman's).

In DTD, there is Brennans, Catal, then more casual House of Blues and ESPN

While I have never been out for it, DCA is having their version of Food and Wine Festival. I don't know much about it, but you can probably get more information easily enough.

Have a great time and report back.

disneywy

That is very exciting about your trip and you will have a great time. The park looks great for the 50th and all the new things are a lot of fun. My top two things to see are Space Mountain and Block Party Bash, but don't miss all the other 50th additions.

As for resturants here are my thoughts and comments...

First off, hate to break it to you, but Blue Bayou will be closed while you are there due to the Pirates refurb.

For resturants in the park, the only other full service resturant in the park will be Carnation Cafe on Main Street. Otherwise, some of the quick service locations are very good and a definate step above WDW's quick service options. My personal favorite is Rancho del Zocalo in Frontierland. At several of the quick service locations you get real plates and silverware (French Market, Riverbelle Terrace, Rancho del Zocalo), so that is a nice step up. Also good, and more relaxed is Pizza Port in Tomorrowland and French Market in New Orleans Square. Cafe Orleans is also getting redo right now to be turned back into a full service resturant.

Another place with good food, but not really a place to sit and eat is Bengal BBQ. I have friends that swear by it and it is pretty dang good. It has different types of k-bobs (sp?) and you can make a meal out of it, but has a small seating area in Adventureland and is always crowded.

In DCA, I have never been to the full service locations, but heard good reviews.

As for Downtown Disney, my personal favorites are Catal and Naples. Catal is a little fancier and more expensive, but a great place. For a quicker, more relaxed, yet delicious meal Naples is great. It has some of the best pizza in my opinion.

I could go on and on, I am biased to the food at DL and think it is much better overall when compared to food in MK. You will be hard pressed to just find burgers and chicken fingers in DL. They do of course have them, but only at one place: burgers - Pinnoccio's Village Haus and Chicken Fingers - Stage Coach Cafe (I think that is the name, it is next to the Golden Horseshoe Review theater). Let me know if you have any other questions or want to hear more. I am going down to the park tomorrow and can do some "research" for you and test out some food. ;)

AngryEyes

I agree with the above posters on the French Market for a meal and on seeing the Block Party Bash. That's my childrens' favorite parade in any of the parks.

tink81

Wine Country Trattoria is very good, and moderately priced. You MUST get a mint julep in New Orleans Square...yummy!

Magic Maker

Original Poster
DO I need to make priority seating for any restuarants, if so who do I call?

I have already been once before thank goodness, I wish we could do Pirates, silly me I forgot it was closed, is there anything else closed during the time we will be there (May 6-11) both at DL, DCA, and DTD?

disneywy

Magic Maker said:
DO I need to make priority seating for any restuarants, if so who do I call?

I have already been once before thank goodness, I wish we could do Pirates, silly me I forgot it was closed, is there anything else closed during the time we will be there (May 6-11) both at DL, DCA, and DTD?

Priority seating is not as common, in my opinion, at DL, plus since there aren't as many full service places you don't have to worry about it as much. Being there during weekdays will also help with crowds. If you do want to make some I would suggest making it for Catal, the Trattoria, and Napa Rose if you want. Catal you could probably manage without them though. The only place in DL that might take PS is Carnation Cafe, other wise it is all counter service or in DTD putting your name on a list (i.e. - Rainforrest Cafe and Naples). I am not sure of the number to call off hand, but am sure you could find it on the DL website.

As for other things that will be closed...I don't think there will be much closed. Pirates, Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans have of course been mentioned, but visit www.mouseinfo.com for some info. I will also be trying to think if I hear of anything that is closed.

While you are there you might get to see the new effects being installed into the Haunted Mansion. There is no set date for them to be done, but have slowly been installed over the past few weeks and are rumored to be done any day. No matter what you will see some of it as they have redone the attic a little and some of the new things are covered with sheets. Although, I will say that Madame Leota has never been better :)

Magic Maker

Original Poster
Four more days, here's another questions if the Electrical Parade is at 845 pm and Remember... Dreams Come True is at 925 pm, will I maybe able to catch both in the same evening?

MerHearted

Magic Maker said:
Four more days, here's another questions if the Electrical Parade is at 845 pm and Remember... Dreams Come True is at 925 pm, will I maybe able to catch both in the same evening?

You could but you won't get a great viewing spot. Remember fills up quickly. I tried to do that on my last trip and I was stuck all the way at the end of Main Street to see it. You basically have like 5 minutes to get from DCA to DL. I went when it was really crowded so you may get a somewhat better view if it's not too crowded.

TP2000

Magic Maker said:

It's possible, if you move fast. The Parade begins in the Route 66 area and ends up at the front of the park in the Sun Plaza. They reversed it's route last year to try to prevent people from all cramming into Disneyland just minutes before the fireworks start.

You'd have to watch the Parade near Golden Dreams where the parade ends around 9:10pm. When the last float goes by, walk quickly down the trail past Grizzly River Run and through Condor Flats and then out the main entrance as the parade continues around the Sun Plaza. Move quickly across the Esplanade and hope the lines to get into Disneyland aren't too long. You should be able to make it to the Town Square by the time the fireworks start, or maybe even up Main Street a bit towards the Candy Palace or Kodak store.

If you try to watch the parade at the front of DCA in the Sun Plaza where it ends at 9:23pm, you'll never make it over to Disneyland in time.

The good news is that the new Attic Scene just debuted at the Haunted Mansion today, so you'll get to see that on your visit. And crowds have been rather light since the 2Fer1 locals discount ended last week.

disneywy

As others mentioned, it is possible, but I personally would skip MSEP and go for Remember. It would be a big time crunch to try and see them both and they try to slow entry into DL during that time so Main Street isn't overwhelmed. Plus, you want to be fairly close to the castle because they project things on it and since it is smaller, you can't see it as well from far away. My favorite location for viewing the fireworks is somewhere in the street between Tomorrowland and the castle. That way you can see it all and the fireworks are more centered behind the castle (They don't shoot off directly behind it, so if you are too far to the Frontiereland/Adventureland side, some trees can block them. You also want to be able to see the Matterhorn so that you can see how they incorporate it into the show.

Magic Maker

Original Poster
I have seen "Remember..." once before and have it on my computer. We will be there Saturday and Sunday, and we plan on watching "Remember..." both nights, because we LOVE it.
Problem is I have seen the Electrical parade once in my life and I was like 5 so I don't remember it much. I want to see it. But I appreciate the tips though everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom