Seaworld survived Blackfish but can it survive Covid19?

cmwade77

It is hard to be positive when the combined market cap of these 3 companies is now under 4 billion. However, Disney should buy Seaworld and Universal should buy Six Flags and save 2 chains. Merlin should buy Cedar Fair. Universal could then make a deal with AT&T for the DC rights and Disney would get back the Marvel rights. All the parks survive and everyone wins.
Cedar Fair is in better shape than Merlin as it stands, in fact last I heard, Cedar Fair was looking to acquire either Six Flags or SeaWorld parks. The funny part about that is Six Flags actually made an offer recently for Cedar Fair.

But the bottom line Disney or Universal most likely wouldn't be able to get it past the regulators to buy any of their competitors, as it would create a monopoly.

seascape

Original Poster
Advertisement
Cedar Fair is in better shape than Merlin as it stands, in fact last I heard, Cedar Fair was looking to acquire either Six Flags or SeaWorld parks. The funny part about that is Six Flags actually made an offer recently for Cedar Fair.

But the bottom line Disney or Universal most likely wouldn't be able to get it past the regulators to buy any of their competitors, as it would create a monopoly.
Under normal times I agree Universal or Disney buying Six Flags or Cedar Fair would not be allowed. Seaworld would be because it doesn't have that many parks. However, because of the economy today the Federal Government and States would approve anything that would save jobs.

seascape

Original Poster
Top Bottom